Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

GM stage 2 to intense stage 3 or just 2.8 pulley??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM stage 2 to intense stage 3 or just 2.8 pulley??

Hey guys before I make a jump on getting rid of the rest of my intense stage 3 stuff. What would happen if you went from GM stage 2 to intense stage 3? I am talking about using the MAF instead of the intense PCM though. How would it run with the GM stage 2 flash? Would it just be better to stick the 2.8 pulley on the stage 2 only or go all the way? If so what settings should I have to run on the MAF?? Stage 2 with 2.8 pulley...or stage 2 to intense stage 3??? That is the question.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM

i dont think the intense 2.8 pulley will fit on the stage 2 hub?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just go GM Stage 2 and get the Pulleyboys 2.8" pulley. Good to go. Everything will fit.
Lately i've been hearing about issue with Intense kits. Not everyone but some people.
Issues with bogging and error codes poping up.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brnaubrey
Hey guys before I make a jump on getting rid of the rest of my intense stage 3 stuff. What would happen if you went from GM stage 2 to intense stage 3? I am talking about using the MAF instead of the intense PCM though. How would it run with the GM stage 2 flash? Would it just be better to stick the 2.8 pulley on the stage 2 only or go all the way? If so what settings should I have to run on the MAF?? Stage 2 with 2.8 pulley...or stage 2 to intense stage 3??? That is the question.
Why do you want to sell the Intense kit? That's pretty good kit from what I have read!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Yeah i was thinking the stage 2 with the 2.8 pulley would be the best idea. The intense pulley I have came with an adaptor to make it fit. So It would go right on there with no problem right?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Why do you want to sell the Intense kit? That's pretty good kit from what I have read!
I don't like the idea of bypassing my PCM with some aftermarket MAF. Plus if I go stage 3 I will have to do all the work myself or drive about 3hrs away to get it done. I have a little bit more faith in the dealership installing the GM stage 2 than me trying to do a stage 3 myself. Its a brand new car...I don't want to kill it
Old 07-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Just go GM Stage 2 and get the Pulleyboys 2.8" pulley. Good to go. Everything will fit.
Lately i've been hearing about issue with Intense kits. Not everyone but some people.
Issues with bogging and error codes poping up.

Those most likely are people running the kit with a CAI! You could have the same problem with the GM kit since both PCMs are tuned the stock intake! At this point and time, a custom tune is the best thing to do for the SS/SC if you are running a CAI. If you are an experianced tuner, HP Tuners has software for the SS/SC!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM

I don't like the idea of bypassing my PCM with some aftermarket MAF. Plus if I go stage 3 I will have to do all the work myself or drive about 3hrs away to get it done. I have a little bit more faith in the dealership installing the GM stage 2 than me trying to do a stage 3 myself. Its a brand new car...I don't want to kill it
Oh, I understand. You have the OLD Intense Stg3!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM

Those most likely are people running the kit with a CAI! You could have the same problem with the GM kit since both PCMs are tuned the stock intake! At this point and time, a custom tune is the best thing to do for the SS/SC if you are running a CAI. If you are an experianced tuner, HP Tuners has software for the SS/SC!
I know the concept of it but I don't think I could trust myself doing that. Plus I don't think it would be a good idea to spend like 1000k on software I am only going to use a few times. It would be cheaper to just get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 PM

I know the concept of it but I don't think I could trust myself doing that. Plus I don't think it would be a good idea to spend like 1000k on software I am only going to use a few times. It would be cheaper to just get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it.
Yes, I hear you but you may need to do many changes to get it to the way you like and a way that is safe for the car. Unless you have a professional do it. I know zero people in my area that can professionally tune my vehicle with HP software.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 AM

Yes, I hear you but you may need to do many changes to get it to the way you like and a way that is safe for the car. Unless you have a professional do it. I know zero people in my area that can professionally tune my vehicle with HP software.
Well how hard would it be for someone who doesn't know much of anything about how its all set up to figure out how to use the software? I mean I have never really tuned a car before. I never really had the money to do it. Now that I do I am trying to pick it up. I am not a numb when it comes to cars but I can say I do not know how to do that :-P The last thing I want to do is start trying to program my PCM then totally mess up everything.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM

Well how hard would it be for someone who doesn't know much of anything about how its all set up to figure out how to use the software? I mean I have never really tuned a car before. I never really had the money to do it. Now that I do I am trying to pick it up. I am not a numb when it comes to cars but I can say I do not know how to do that :-P The last thing I want to do is start trying to program my PCM then totally mess up everything.
All I can say is study, study, study! Become a pro. on a laptop! I have been doing minor mods. to my vehicles for about 10 years now and I will tell you, at my current level, HP Tuners is beyond me. I would need someone to hold my hand the entire process. I'm keeping it safe and when I'm ready I will be purchusing either GM Stg2 or Intense Stg3. Nothing too extreme and absolutely no CAI for the time being!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:57 AM

CAI...I can tell you right now...I get a check engion light all the freaking time. Plus it just doesn't seem like my car runs right when I first try to take off...it just seems boggy and jumpy. I still have my original intake. I am going to see how everything runs once I get the stage 2...then if it runs good I am going to stick the 2.8 on there. If it runs like crap I am going to trash the CAI. So far all I can say is it makes the supercharger sound louder...not worth all the crap that comes along with it.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 AM

If I were you, i'd go the stage 2 + 2.8 road just beacuse I cxan change the pulley back to the stage 2 one and have warranty work done.

I keep hearing bad things about the CAI's. What is really so bad about having one? I have a k&N with the mods in my sig and have had no problems with anything. Will this change when I get the 2.8 on Tomorrow? Please enlighten me on what the intake is really affecting, and how to monitor that affect. thanx
Old 08-20-2006, 09:06 PM

if you stay with the gm stage 2 and then put the 2.8" pulley do you have to get a different belt as well
Old 08-20-2006, 09:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dwilss
if you stay with the gm stage 2 and then put the 2.8" pulley do you have to get a different belt as well
No need for a new belt.
Here is a link that will answer all your 2.8" pulley questions.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...hlight=gm+spec
Old 08-20-2006, 09:28 PM

I would stick with the STG 2, I have the PB 2.8. I love it. I am the same as you I don't trust myself with the tuning. Either way happy modding.