Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

Is My Turbo Shot?

Old 06-19-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is My Turbo Shot?

Was doing a pull and the hot side charge pipe popped off from the engine. Put it back on and tightened it very good. Checked all other charge pipe clamps. Everything is tight. But now there is no power, and there is a wooshing sound coming from what sounds like possibly the turbo i think. Is the problem internal with the turbo? Like maybe the wastegate? Everything was working fine before this happened. Any insight is much appreciated. This is a 09 SS/TC Sedan with full bolt ons and Trifecta tune.

Oh and i wasnt sure if i should post this here or in the Problems/Service/Maintenance section. So i posted in both. Is that okay to do that? If not, sorry, and I will delete one.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Car is probably in limp or it's off again. to stop the chargepipe from coming off, do the vaccumm tank delete, it's a piece of **** and it will save your chargepipes and intercooler from breaking.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep the upper charge pipe was off at the intercooler. Car is pulling like a beast again. I did the vaccuum tank bypass. How exactly does that help with the charge pipes not coming off?
Old 06-19-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sl0wbaltSS
Car is probably in limp or it's off again. to stop the chargepipe from coming off, do the vaccumm tank delete, it's a piece of **** and it will save your chargepipes and intercooler from breaking.
deleting a vacuum tank will not help charge pipes stay on/ breaking the intercooler so i don't know where you are getting that idea? OP make sure your car has t-bolt clamps not worm screw clamps and tighten them up!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by nathan112i
deleting a vacuum tank will not help charge pipes stay on/ breaking the intercooler so i don't know where you are getting that idea? OP make sure your car has t-bolt clamps not worm screw clamps and tighten them up!
If you keep the stock setup, the bpv opens slowly and not all the way. All of that pressure has to go somewhere and it either blows your chargepipe off, or cracks it or the intercooler. Doing the vaccumm tank delete opens it up instantly and all the way since it's directly off the intake manifold.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
^^ So im guessing your an engineer and the ones from gm are stupid for adding the vaccum tank huh? 3rd time you blame problems to that vacuum tank today

And for the record i dont have the vacuum tank and ive blown my chargepipe before so for sure its not for that.

OP dont listen to him please
Old 06-20-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If you keep the stock setup, the bpv opens slowly and not all the way. All of that pressure has to go somewhere and it either blows your chargepipe off, or cracks it or the intercooler. Doing the vaccumm tank delete opens it up instantly and all the way since it's directly off the intake manifold.
please stop posting false/poor information, stop giving advise on something you don't fully understand
Old 06-20-2015, 06:54 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Is My Turbo Shot?

they come off because of pressure over coming the clamping force. if you understood what the vacuum tank does you would realize that, your little anidotal evidence is bullshit
Old 06-20-2015, 06:59 PM

Is My Turbo Shot?

wrong wrong wrong, bpv opens faster with the vacuum tank. but the difference are so little either way is fine. it does not allow excess pressure to be built in the charge pipe system you ******* *******. you ******* cracked your intercooler on a curb then finished the job on what I would assume was a 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear pull on a night that was about 60*
Old 06-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ECaulk
they come off because of pressure over coming the clamping force. if you understood what the vacuum tank does you would realize that, your little anidotal evidence is bullshit
Originally Posted by ECaulk
wrong wrong wrong, bpv opens faster with the vacuum tank. but the difference are so little either way is fine. it does not allow excess pressure to be built in the charge pipe system you ******* *******. you ******* cracked your intercooler on a curb then finished the job on what I would assume was a 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear pull on a night that was about 60*
Lol exactly. But i got called an idiot in another thread by that moron for telling him he was wrong lol he told 3 people with different problems to delete the tank because that was the problem according to him
Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by eddieavila10
Lol exactly. But i got called an idiot in another thread by that moron for telling him he was wrong lol he told 3 people with different problems to delete the tank because that was the problem according to him
He needs to go to facebook and stay there. He continues to give shitty advise like he knows what he's talking about but has literally no clue or concept of how these cars work
Old 06-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Haha yeah i dont know everything either but if i dont know i dont say anything simple as that