Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

ZZP twin charged kit hits the rollers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quadracer0387
hmmm... tvs and 50 trim.... haha
thats what your transmissions gonna say.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
thats what your transmissions gonna say.
"ohhh herro there"
Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM

nice #'s good to see this might actually work
Old 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM

subscribed as well
Old 04-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Subscribed!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM

SWEET! I've been wanting a twincharged and Hahn (even though they're great with straight turbo) really dropped the ball on it. I think ZZP is going to make a killing from those of us who've been dying to be twincharged.

I can't give up my SC (I love the whine, instant power), but I would also like the benefits of turbo in the higher rpm ranges.

Any word on pricing/when this will be available? A link would be ****.

Saving up for this since my warranty's up anyway--SUBSCRIBED!!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
subscribed for vids
Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 PM

If this "kit" isnt to much or much more than the Harrop then i am def going to change my plans with the Balt.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 PM

^^^ your Cobey's wheels are the shizz.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
wow and people said it couldn't be done

if someone said it couldnt be done its because they are retarded. In reality 99% of the time its not really worth it. A properly sized turbo will give you the same gains with a very similar power curve. Basically all your doing is making the turbo spool faster, the highest amount of HP the engine can make is always going to be limited by the device that can push the most air, in this case the turbo.

Lets say the turbo is pushing 15 PSI, that 15 PSI of air is the most the engine can take in. IT doesnt matter what the supercharger does because its air is fed from the turbo. So basically the supercharger is compressing/passing the air through and doing little more than causing parasitic drivetrain loss.

While yes the supercharger will make the turbo spool faster, but that really isnt a problem with less than 400WHP. The turbo should be able to spool in pleanty of time. Now if this kit was put on a full built LSJ that revs to high hell with a big ass turbo, it would be pretty badass. As a full on HP monster this is cool and worth it. But as a street application its not really worth it.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Good stuff Gentleman
Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by -Jayson-
if someone said it couldnt be done its because they are retarded. In reality 99% of the time its not really worth it. A properly sized turbo will give you the same gains with a very similar power curve. Basically all your doing is making the turbo spool faster, the highest amount of HP the engine can make is always going to be limited by the device that can push the most air, in this case the turbo.

Lets say the turbo is pushing 15 PSI, that 15 PSI of air is the most the engine can take in. IT doesnt matter what the supercharger does because its air is fed from the turbo. So basically the supercharger is compressing/passing the air through and doing little more than causing parasitic drivetrain loss.

While yes the supercharger will make the turbo spool faster, but that really isnt a problem with less than 400WHP. The turbo should be able to spool in pleanty of time. Now if this kit was put on a full built LSJ that revs to high hell with a big ass turbo, it would be pretty badass. As a full on HP monster this is cool and worth it. But as a street application its not really worth it.
How do you know if it's worth it or not....we don't even no how much it is going to cost.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by -Jayson-

You haven't driven one then. A turbo always has lag unless it is sized small enough to limit top end HP. We made 350ft/lbs and 350WHP with ease. I'm not sure those numbers can be combined and met with either a turbo or a blower.

In the 3800 market the cars come with roots blowers. We've had turbo kits for years. The twin charge GP we did went 9's in a months time. Power is smooth with no turbo lag. The larger the turbo you run, generally the more efficient it is and the more power you make at a given psi level. In other words this kit allows us to use a large turbo and still have instant boost like a blower car (actually a little more). At 15psi our kit will make more power than a typical stand alone turbo setup at 15 psi or a blower at 15psi. Plus by playing with pulley size, boost levels, and bypass opening, you can tune in whatever power curve you want.

And most importantly, I think you're going to really like the price considering what all you get with this kit.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 PM

I am not kidding when I say this.....when I read your OP I jizzed all over the place, I mean its everywhere!

this is awsome, any prices yet??
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 PM

subscribed as well.....this might just be worth it...just don't yank us around like hahn did....
Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM

Yes please give us prices!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM

what about cooling. is the charge air being cooled by the stock intake manifold intercooler??

I imagine you could use all the cooling mods out there, CX front mount, dual pass/option B, would that be enough or are you guys using an intercooler??? and if so do you just utilize the stock H/E?? by that I mean obviously if you intercool the Turbo you wont use an after market front mount for the S/C, hmmmmmm, please go over this lol
Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 PM

I want it
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
You haven't driven one then. A turbo always has lag unless it is sized small enough to limit top end HP. We made 350ft/lbs and 350WHP with ease. I'm not sure those numbers can be combined and met with either a turbo or a blower.

In the 3800 market the cars come with roots blowers. We've had turbo kits for years. The twin charge GP we did went 9's in a months time. Power is smooth with no turbo lag. The larger the turbo you run, generally the more efficient it is and the more power you make at a given psi level. In other words this kit allows us to use a large turbo and still have instant boost like a blower car (actually a little more). At 15psi our kit will make more power than a typical stand alone turbo setup at 15 psi or a blower at 15psi. Plus by playing with pulley size, boost levels, and bypass opening, you can tune in whatever power curve you want.

And most importantly, I think you're going to really like the price considering what all you get with this kit.

Yes it does make for an amazing track car, and 350WHP is nice. How daily driveable is the car? I think this is a great product for a track car, but daily driven seems a bit uncontrollable.

There was someone that did this with a jbody cavalier a few years backs. How much boost is the kit pushing at the turbo and then after the supercharger? Cause the way he had to figure it out was first figure out how much boost the turbo was making, then calculate how much the supercharger would compress the already compressed air into a higher PSI.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by brandon2.2
what about cooling. is the charge air being cooled by the stock intake manifold intercooler??

I imagine you could use all the cooling mods out there, CX front mount, dual pass/option B, would that be enough or are you guys using an intercooler??? and if so do you just utilize the stock H/E?? by that I mean obviously if you intercool the Turbo you wont use an after market front mount for the S/C, hmmmmmm, please go over this lol
If you go to the zzperformance website and click on the coming soon section the twin charge kit will be there and one of the pictures underneath the description shows a new intercooler installed. So hopefully that will be included in the kit!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:23 PM

thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM

dude all these build threads and nobody is giving us prices. twincharging, hahn turbo systems, TVS's oh my. What to do, What to do?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM

IDK I think the turbo alone wouldn't be far behind. and you wouldn't worry about that 60hp added stress on the internals of your motor that having the SC adds.

I will be as bold to say that the engine would be better off and the car make more power with the same setup minus the sc.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer

Nice what about if we wanted to drop our car off to you guys for you to do the whole thing? Is that possible? Cause you are what maybe 2 hrs south of me
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM

hmmmmm i was getting the new tc .......

Quick Reply: ZZP twin charged kit hits the rollers!