Front Page News Site Polls

Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe Project

General Motors Awards Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe Project to Gravana – Aftermarket Enthusiasts Prepare for a Twin-Charged Cobalt SS Coupe

General Motors and Gravana Launch Partnership Early in an Effort to Capitalize on the Excitement Created Last Year by Gravana’s Project Cobalts.

Valencia, CA (PRWEB) March 23, 2005 -- In February 2005, General Motors awarded Gravana a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe for two primary reasons. First, Gravana is currently leading the industry in New Product Development for Cobalt Aftermarket. Second, the exposure and excitement created around Gravana’s 2004 SEMA Cobalts has allowed consumers to gain ideas of what they themselves can build once they buy a Chevrolet Cobalt. Unlike 2004, in which GM delivered two Cobalts one month prior to the SEMA Show deadline, Gravana will have at least six months to build this Cobalt for the 2005 Las Vegas SEMA Show.

For 2005, Gravana will build the ultimate “Twin-Charged” Cobalt SS Coupe. The stock Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe comes from the factory with an Intercooled Supercharger that produces 205HP. Gravana will add a Turbocharger ON TOP OF the factory Supercharger, to increase the power to approximately 300HP. In addition to building this monstrous power plant, Gravana will focus on expanding its line of products for the Cobalt, including a vented hood, Teske Design series body kit and several performance products for the standard SS Coupe. Gravana will again rely on companies such as Recaro, Boston Acoustics, Motegi, H&R and Goodyear for marketing partnerships on this project.

“We are truly honored to have been awarded this project so early in the season. As we learned from last year’s Gravana Project Cobalts, the excitement of these modified cars is helping to drive traffic to Chevrolet dealers. Given the great platform provided by Chevrolet, along with the early start on aftermarket products, the Cobalt has already become a desirable Tuner Car. Chevrolet has an aftermarket winner on their hands. We are just happy to be involved with such a great organization,” said Jim Lupold, President of Gravana. “We look forward to unveiling the Gravana Twin-Charged Cobalt SS Coupe at this year’s SEMA Show.”

Gravana’s product line-up for the Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe includes, but is not limited to, a 50-state legal Air Intake System, Header, Exhaust, Evo Style Hood, Body Kit, Coil-Over Suspension, Strut Bars, Carbon Fiber Door Sills and Engine Covers, and a variety of additional upgrades that compliment the car. Companies interested in a marketing partnership on the Gravana Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe, or any other Gravana project vehicle, should contact Gravana using the contact information below.

About Gravana
Gravana manufactures and sells aftermarket performance products and accessories for GM vehicles. Gravana strives to be the ultimate source for performance products and accessories for most late-model GM vehicles. While the idea started in 1998, Gravana, Inc. was founded in 2003 after several years of research and planning. Company founder Jim Lupold started his career working in the family auto repair business at age 13, building his first GM vehicle – a Pontiac Trans-Am – before he could even drive. After college and a successful career in motorsports, he cut his professional teeth with aftermarket companies Neuspeed, RK Sport, CarParts.com and Performance Products. While Gravana plans to build four (4) project vehicles for 2005, the Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe is the first to arrive.

For more information, please visit the Gravana website at www.gravanatuning.com, or contact us at the numbers below.

Gravana, Inc.
(661) 251-8881

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/3/emw220700.htm
Old 03-24-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeeet. Nice Article. I think it's safe to say I will be requesting off of work for November 1-4th. I should have my SS by then too. The renderings of what they think it will look like on their site is awesome.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Wow.. thats crazy... but awsome!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:49 AM

i wonder if Psi -FI is in cooperation for the twin charger?
If not they better hurry or Gravana will beat them to completion of thier idea.
Mark, any comments?
Old 03-25-2005, 02:02 AM

thats quite awesome that Gravana will be joining the "twincharging" group. Thing is I wonder how long it will take them...
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 AM

I cant even imagine trying to tune a twincharged car. I wonder how they will keep the SC intake from pushing air into the turbos intake before it spools to full/matching boost.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturn
I cant even imagine trying to tune a twincharged car. I wonder how they will keep the SC intake from pushing air into the turbos intake before it spools to full/matching boost.
Suzuki Sport / Monster Sport's has been extremely successful with their "twincharging" efforts. The early version of their Escudo Pike Peak car was pushing 1000 HP with a 2.5L V6 that was "twincharged".

RC
Old 05-04-2005, 01:27 AM

a GTP has been sucessfully twin charged resently. The key is realizing the when the SC is pishing power, you need to think that the engine is a lot larger than it is. The main problem people encounter when twin charging is they choose a turbo too small. They will need to have a relativly large turbo to do it sucessfully. The twin charged GTP has it set up so the BBV will open when the turbo starts to produce boost making the SC not produce any boost.

Twin charging will allowing the use of a much larger turbo than the engine would be able to use alone. with the larger turbo, a better cfm will result in more HP per lb of boost. Theyve taken on a pretty big task, but CAN be done
Old 06-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vendian
Sweeeet. Nice Article. I think it's safe to say I will be requesting off of work for November 1-4th. I should have my SS by then too. The renderings of what they think it will look like on their site is awesome.
can u post the link the the gravana renderings??