Front Page News Site Polls

"SS" and "V" Series Vehicles Disbanded

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No that car says I can barely keep pace with a Z06 and I certainly can't handle like one because i'm too fat, over-priced and disgustingly ancient. Sorry, any car that costs that much and performs that poorly and has an interior with seats designed like my Grandmas rocking chair doesn't deserve the time of day. I believe this car says "Fucked on Race Day" as opposed to **** GM. And if i'm going with anything outside of North America i'm buying a Subaru WRX. Subaru is the only company that stayed in the black throughout the recession for a reason......I'll buy from the General once they get back on their feet and start producing performance cars again. Until that day GM will always have my un-faltering support. Even though I think the RS is an over-priced wannabe MS3 fucked a GTI, I hope it and the Fucked on Race Day Rustang do well too. After all, this is the only way to truly save our economy.

Originally Posted by cakeeater
if any car says "**** gm" it's this one

Originally Posted by TorontoSS
agreed 100 percent

GMs decision to cut compact sports model like the SS Cobalt was a big mistake, not everyone can afford a corvette. I liked the SS cobalts, I hope GM come back to it senses and builds decent proper cars, so all these import fanbois who live putting down and spitting on American industry can learn a lesson in humility.

Last I checked the Corvette Z06 sells more than the Cobalt SS ever did and ever will. The Corvette has one of the best V8's in history and whether people like it or not it's performance for the dollar is astronomical compared to the Competition. It eats Shelby GT500's for breakfast and ***** out Porsches, Mercedes and BMW's. Sorry, I love my SS but the Cobalt is a platform that must go. The Cruze unfortunately is the future for the time being but if anyone has paid attention recently GM is already looking hard at an ss model of the Cruze. Instead of making half-assed assumptions and angry, poorly thought out responses, sit back, relax and give them time to get moving and see what the deal is in two or three years. If they haven't made an SS Compact than bitch at them then. If their sales turn around and they climb back towards the top rejoice and smack yourselves upside the head for bashing a company that's making smart moves to re-tool their lineup to pander to the masses. GM listened to people like you for eons and where did it get them? I say **** the naysayers, praise the faithful and drop kick the haters. GM is re-building the smart way and doing what is necessary to ensure they have good platforms with nicely equipped trim levels that are proven top sellers so that when the performance returns they'll have models that will truly outshine the rest.

Originally Posted by rukkee
Like i said i'm not a mustang person so i was quoting time published by the mag's. You have to admit that it took them along time to compete with the 93-02 Z28's bang for the buck , even at 30 plus grand . Thats all i'm trying to get at. My 95 Z killed GT's and was a drivers race with the more expensive cobra's of the day.

It's okay. The Mustang lost any real racing cred it had when Toyota Supras, 300GT VR6's, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbos and even Toyota MR2's spanked everything for and mustang to this ******* day. They did it with smaller displacement engines that got better mileage, lasted ten times longer and were far better engineered. At the end of the day Ford fucked up as bad as every other North American company and it's taken them every bit as long to get the ******* message. The Supras and 300ZX's built Toyota and Nissan to be what they are today. Ford, GM and Dodge for all their racing heritage could never do the same in the modern era. All epic failures. The 'Stang GT will disappear with the new Cafe standards, the Focus RS will fail in it's first month when people see what the cost of the car is and the Ford Taurus' price tag will scare away many people. GM, Ford and Dodge are all in trouble right now and to my knowledge GM and Chrysler (FIAT) are taking the smart road. Ford is to a degree but they charge way too ******* much for their vehicles. At least the GTI, the STI and the Nissan Z can justify their price tags. Ford can't say the same......

And for the record, this car has said "**** Ford" for over a decade now (And it still holds a resale value on par with a brand new Mustang GT) I wonder why?

Did I mention it took Ford until after the year 2000 to get a hint on styling, Power and Refinement?

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
HAHA 93 Z28s are slow as hell. Have you heard of the 03/04 Cobra or 07+ GT500? Stock for Stock and mod for mod the Cobra and GT500 dominates.
I refer you to my last post....And FYI, the Cobras and GT500's are anything but quick, especially for what they cost. Performance for the dollar = Fail

Last edited by spectre0618; 10-17-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
If the car model line was killed off, GM still makes replacment parts for ten years following the vehicles demise. I do not know if this same principle applies to GMPParts, but it is something to think about.
This does not apply to GM performance.

Originally Posted by car_guy_09
I also will always support GM.

I think some of you guys are forgetting this is out of GM's hands, This is what they have to do to get money from the government to stay alive.

As much as it kills me id rather see them do this and stay alive then not and die
Honda was lining up to buy them. If they got bought then they'd probably put out better quality cars anyhow.

Last edited by jon_k; 05-17-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost