Front Page News Site Polls

The Two Month report

Old 03-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Two Month report

Ah Style, comfort, speed, handling, and affordability. These words normally don't go together often with a small car, but Chevy has changed this with the Cobalt. The car still feels great after two months and almost 2300 miles on the car. This is of course my experiance with a very beautiful machine.
Five years of having a Neon treated me well, but then after successfully paying off my car loan in November I put the car into a Telephone pole in January. A week of carlessness followed and I found myself shopping for a new car. I hit the Suzuki Dealer, Toyota, Kia, Honda all looking for a car that fit. None did. Then I walked into my local Chevy dealer and the Salesman was trying to convice me to buy a Cavalier, but all they had were coupes and I wanted a sedan. He pointed me to the Arrival Blue Metallic Cobalt LS w/ Sport package and I test drove it. The comfort and response were phemonimal the handling nice and responsive and I fell in love with the car.

Well now flash forward to today and the almost 2 month mark. Driving this car is still fun, and that's what Driving should be Fun. I can place some power to the wheels even with the automatic and spin the wheels slightly till the Traction control kicks in and then car takes off nicely from zero. The Transmission shifts smoothly with no hesitations and you can cruise at 60-80 at relatively low RPMs (About 2500). I still even have the new car smell and have been doing my best to keep the outside clean. Well that's all from me. Tell you more At the six month Point.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write-up. Glad you like the car and have no problems with it. I know some of our other members aren’t so lucky
Old 03-23-2005, 12:08 AM

he was trying to sell u a cavi even though there was a cobalt there. WOW! maybe thats why GM isnt doing very well.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 AM

Who's to say he wasn't going to give him an awesome deal on a cav?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:02 AM

ROFL cavaliers have the 5th worst resale value in the world.... neon is 7th.. anyway i bought my 2003 cavalier ls sport coupe with like 5,000 because they were trying to get rid of them... i had every option, and the msrp was almost 20,000... i got it for 13,000 after everything... to this day i swear i want to drive it into a river or off a lake.. the worst car i have ever, ever, ever drove or rode in....

no wonder its the 5th worst resale value....

trust me you get a good deal on a cavy then sell it 1 and a half years later and get 1/2 of what you paid for it.....
Old 03-23-2005, 04:46 AM

When I bought my Cobalt, the salesman was trying everything under the sun to get me into a Cavalier (to no avail thank god). On one hand it makes sense since the Cobalt is Replacing the Cavy, they want to get rid of them all, but on the other hand, shouldnt the salesman be pushing the better of the 2 ? I'm no salesman but that makes the most sense to me.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:53 AM

Glad its been good. I can put in my almost 4 month report:

After a few good weeks with no problems and loving the car, I had a series of electrical problems finally (so far) solved with getting the updated PROM flash from GM. I drive up to 3 hours a day and find it a very comfortable car.
The seats are very firm but not uncomfortable and the drives seat broke in quite nicely.
The stereo is still sounding great even after turning up a bit too loud on a bit too many ocasions. With 7000 milies on it in only 3.5 months I really only have 2 complaints.

1. the numb feel of the steering. the electric steering give NO response.
2. The trunk opening is small compared to the very large space available to put stuff in. You can't fit very large things past the trunk opening even thouhg the trunk is huge.

But over all very satisfied with this car. specially for the price.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by thekeebler_elf
When I bought my Cobalt, the salesman was trying everything under the sun to get me into a Cavalier (to no avail thank god). On one hand it makes sense since the Cobalt is Replacing the Cavy, they want to get rid of them all, but on the other hand, shouldnt the salesman be pushing the better of the 2 ? I'm no salesman but that makes the most sense to me.
i went to my local dealership to look at some cobalts and they tried to get me to leave w/ a cavalier or malibu. all i wanted to do was LOOK!

anyway im glad to hear you're still satisfied with the cobalt after 2 months. thats always a good sign.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:48 PM

I totally agree with this post. I've had my Cobalt just under 2 months and have approx 2800 miles on it already. It's been a great car so far. This is 1st car I've ever driven with a 4 cylinder and I'm really surprised how much get-up it has. Living here in NWPA we've had plenty of snow (including tonite!) and it drives GREAT in the snow. At one point I drove on a back road that had almost 6 in of unplowed snow and the Cobalt cut right thru it. The only problems I have had were blowing fuse for cig plug-in and getting the ECM reprogrammed for the fuel gauge issue. So again, this has definitely been a good buy so far!

StrokerAceDawg
05 Silver Cobalt coupe
Old 03-28-2005, 09:57 PM

I went to look for a cobalt and they tried to sell me a cavy as well,i told the salesman I would rather keep my rusty old trans am then buy a cavy i was only there for the cobalt.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:45 AM

Ive had my Cobalt for nearly 3 months and I have had only one problem. The Brake light flashes on and off for no reason. So far, I have 5500 miles on the car and overall, its been fine.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 AM

Brake light

Originally Posted by PremioJoe
Ive had my Cobalt for nearly 3 months and I have had only one problem. The Brake light flashes on and off for no reason. So far, I have 5500 miles on the car and overall, its been fine.
Make sure the brake handle is all the way down. On mine, if the handle is up just a little, I get the same thing, the light will flash.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:40 AM

Having the same problem on mine. Nearly gives a guy a heartattack when ur topped out on the highway. by the way, 4 months with an aftermarket stereo and not a hitch in the system yet