Front Page News Site Polls

We Have a RED SS/SC in Arizona....woot woot

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cobaltchris
That's correct - The first one I saw get a VIN# was the Campbell Chevrolet in-transit.. i checked the Delivery status and it's due to arrive march 2nd or on about there.
cobalt chris i called the dealer and thats not even theirs some how it got into the system but that was an ordered car, as soon as it arrives it will be gone, they dont expect to get another one for a few weeks
Old 02-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by PygmySurfer
So I guess we're not gettin any pics?
I'm not sure. I am going to call them back soon, but I have been really busy with work and school. I have this coming Saturday off completely. I'm going to give them a call back about Friday to make sure before I make the trip Saturday. If they do have it definately expect pictures this Saturday.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 PM

All are naturally pre-orders, but not all may be sold. Remember, production started on the 16th, they get built, they get VIN#' then they get a price. If any of you want one, the dealer will be glad to negotiate with you (possibly not), and you can place a deposit so NOBODY else does before you - you can do that over the phone. I work mostly with Internet Buyers (shoppers), and have sold many cars before they got here. It is also possible for another dealer to DEALER TRADE, but folks this is a Bread and Butter car for the dealership, so many will not even consider trading... after all it's a car that will DRIVE TRAFFIC and there's nothing more a dealer needs, than traffic.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by MikeSS
I don't suppose you can see where the cars are going in Canada?
I just ordered mine yesterday (Arrival Blue, Blue seat inserts, Sunroof - I think that's it for options). The dealer told me they'd ordered a few already, and expected to get them in April. So, it sounds like it'll be awhile. The dealer informed me they're going to the US first, so we have to wait a bit longer.

Fortunately, my lease isn't up til July, so I'm in no hurry (they said they can get me out 3 months early, so if it arrives sometime in May, I'll be all set).

OK, changed my mind. Saw the Orange today, so I switched my order from Arrival Blue Metallic to Sunburst Orange Metallic
Old 02-23-2005, 07:51 AM

I just ordered mine yesterday (Arrival Blue, Blue seat inserts, Sunroof - I think that's it for options). The dealer told me they'd ordered a few already, and expected to get them in April. So, it sounds like it'll be awhile. The dealer informed me they're going to the US first, so we have to wait a bit longer.

Fortunately, my lease isn't up til July, so I'm in no hurry (they said they can get me out 3 months early, so if it arrives sometime in May, I'll be all set).
Yeah, my dealership has 2 cars coming on pre-order. Mine is built March 7, and the other is built April 10th. I can't wait!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 PM

Maybe you fellow Canucks can tell me whether an LSD is available? I've searched around the forums, but it's hard to differentiate the U.S. info from the Canadian.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:59 PM

where are the interior pics for that red ss????? this thread sucks without them
Old 02-23-2005, 10:35 PM

That's correct - The first one I saw get a VIN# was the Campbell Chevrolet in-transit.. i checked the Delivery status and it's due to arrive march 2nd or on about there.
So I guess you have access to GM Dealerworld....I saw what you saw but I don't see the need to give out the invoice..
Old 02-24-2005, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by AutoXer
Maybe you fellow Canucks can tell me whether an LSD is available? I've searched around the forums, but it's hard to differentiate the U.S. info from the Canadian.
I asked my dealer this, and they tried to find out. I even gave them the code that's been posted here (G85), and they still weren't able to find anything. So, as far as I can tell, the LSD and Recarro seats aren't available for us Canadians. If anyone finds out differently, please let me know

It's also worth noting that the package isn't available when you build a car on any of the GM websites (US and Canadian). There isn't even mention of it on the sites. I'm curious if it's really available at all..
Old 02-24-2005, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by AutoXer
OK, since this was driving me crazy, I've called GM to ask. Someone is supposed to call me back, once she finds out. The number I called was 1-800-463-7483 (Hit 1 for english, 1 for products, then I think it was 2).

Once I hear back, I'll let all my fellow Canuckleheads know
Old 02-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by espo19047
So I guess you have access to GM Dealerworld....I saw what you saw but I don't see the need to give out the invoice..
I felt giving out the invoice is no problem at all, since I work with savvy Internet Customers, a few things I do for my customers is #1 Don't BS them, #2 Give them all the details. If someone thinks they can walk into a dealership and buy one of the Supercharged for Invoice, they will be nicely directed back to where they came from, I am sure.

Besides, this information is available and I felt it might show people that this car will not be badly priced. Anytime a dealer hides information, we created a chasms, and that's why I prefer building bridges.

What you see the need for may not be shared by others, but I appreciate the comment.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:33 PM

OK, since this was driving me crazy, I've called GM to ask. Someone is supposed to call me back, once she finds out. The number I called was 1-800-463-7483 (Hit 1 for english, 1 for products, then I think it was 2).

Once I hear back, I'll let all my fellow Canuckleheads know
Excellent, thanks!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:24 PM

I felt giving out the invoice is no problem at all, since I work with savvy Internet Customers, a few things I do for my customers is #1 Don't BS them, #2 Give them all the details. If someone thinks they can walk into a dealership and buy one of the Supercharged for Invoice, they will be nicely directed back to where they came from, I am sure.

Besides, this information is available and I felt it might show people that this car will not be badly priced. Anytime a dealer hides information, we created a chasms, and that's why I prefer building bridges.

What you see the need for may not be shared by others, but I appreciate the comment.
In the US, the invoice has to be released by the manufacturer, in canada however, this is not the case. Now all we need is for someone with with GM access to the Canadian invoice to post it on here.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM

If production for ALL Cobalt Supercharged Started up the 16th in the USA (where all will be made), and nobody here has them yet in the USA - I really do not think Canada has any either. If someone can produce a VIN# on the Cobalt SUPERCHARGED, I'd be a little more than surprised.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:18 PM

If production for ALL Cobalt Supercharged Started up the 16th in the USA (where all will be made), and nobody here has them yet in the USA - I really do not think Canada has any either. If someone can produce a VIN# on the Cobalt SUPERCHARGED, I'd be a little more than surprised.
Try 1G1AP12P957566715

Model Year: 2005
Make: Chevrolet
Model: 1AP37 - Cobalt: Supercharged SS Coupe

Color1: 91U Arrival Blue Metallic Primary Color
Color2: N/A
Trim: 195 Ebony Leather; Blue Insert
Package: 1SA 1SA Option Package
Engine: LSJ ENGINE GAS, 4 CYL, 2.0L, MFI, L4, DOHC, SC, ALUM, GM
Trans: MM5 MERCHANDISED TRANS MAN 5 SPD PROVISIONS

Other: 1SZ DISCOUNT OPTION PACKAGE
CF5 Sunroof, Power Tilt-Sliding, incl Map Lights
FE9 Federal Emissions
R9Z CONTROL SALES ITEM NO.100
SLM Stock Order Identifier
U2K XM Satellite Radio
It's headed to Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green Kentucky. Gee, I wonder what esle they have in Bowling Green Kentucky???

It's the only one I see within 500 miles of here, and the only one with a vin.

The MSRP on it is $23,045.

Villain
Old 02-24-2005, 05:52 PM

Man I have toured that Corvette Plant many times and I love it every time I go!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:01 PM

No call-back from GM today, I guess I'll try them again tomorrow. The woman I spoke with was nice enough to leave me her direct extension, so hopefully I can find out something
Old 02-24-2005, 08:37 PM

As you said I dont see the need to offer. If I'm asked that may be a different story but the invoice still is not for everyone.. You are correct about internet buyers being savvy so I guess as the internet guy you have to work a little different then I do..I have to make a living if I dont tell someone the invoice it does not mean I'm "bs"ing them. The Cobalt is a great car if you can build value and show what a superior car this is the people will pay..
we created a chasms, and that's why I prefer building bridges..
What a tired cliche....How long have you been selling cars? The guys who hammer you for below invoice are usually csi nightmares.....The people who understand the value of the car not just the dollars and cents are more loyal and happy... So keep on building value and forget about the invoice and hold back and whatever else they read on the how to buy a car websites..
Old 02-24-2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by BlueVillain
Try 1G1AP12P957566715

It's headed to Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green Kentucky. Gee, I wonder what esle they have in Bowling Green Kentucky???

It's the only one I see within 500 miles of here, and the only one with a vin.

The MSRP on it is $23,045.

Villain
Here is the build out on the first SS SC Cobalt I've seen thats produced for stock.
VIN 1G1AP12P957566715
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : 1AP37 -2005 COBALT 2-DR SUPERCHARGED COUPE
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1758 kg (3876 lb) Order Number : HPTRJC
Build Date : 02/17/2005 Build Plant : 157A
OPTION CODES
AK5 - DRIVER & RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAGS AR9
CF5 - SUNROOF, ELECTRIC C67
DG7 - ELEC TWIN REMOTE SPORT MIRRORS FE5
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS FQ7
IP5 - INTERIOR TRIM DESIGN JL9 - 4-WHEEL DISC ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM
K09 LOD - ASSEMBLY PLANT - LORDSTOWN,OHIO
LSJ MM5 - 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
MU3 NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
NT9 - FED EMIS SYS, TIER 2 PHASE-OUT NW5
QTJ RE8
R8X - FLEET GUARANTEED DELIVERY R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE
SLM - STOCK ORDERS UQ3 - 6 SPEAKER PERFORMANCE AUDIO SYS
US8 U2K
VM3 - CONSUMER INFORMATION LABEL V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
1SA - OPTION PACKAGE 01 1SZ
19I - EBONY INTERIOR TRIM 195
6AJ - FRONT SPRING 7AJ - FRONT SPRING
8AC - REAR SPRING 9AC - REAR SPRING
91U - PURPLE PEARL METALLIC
Old 02-24-2005, 08:52 PM

91U - PURPLE PEARL METALLIC

purple pearl metallic???? 91U is arrival blue (I don't understand)

R8X - FLEET GUARANTEED DELIVERY R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE
Maybe this is why it got out so early. "guaranteed delivery" ???? the expedite - sold order I do understand.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Archplsm
purple pearl metallic???? 91U is arrival blue (I don't understand)

Maybe this is why it got out so early. "guaranteed delivery" ???? the expedite - sold order I do understand.
I saw that too..Thats what they have there..I cut and pasted it without editing..
Old 02-24-2005, 09:12 PM

From Chevy Launch

Cobalt Distribution Plan Overview

Phase I (October 2004 -- estimated January/February 2005 production)

Cobalt distribution will be national
85% of retail production will be for normal allocation
- Dealer allocation quantities (controlled allocation formula) will be based on a blend of 12 months retail Cavalier sales (70%) and low car segment retail registrations in the dealer's market (30%)

15% of retail production will be for STMI
Every Chevrolet dealer will earn a Cobalt within 180 days of the start of production
Phase II (estimated February/March 2005 production and beyond)

Cobalt distribution will continue to be national
85% of retail production will be for normal allocation
- The distribution driver will be 100% Cobalt sales through availability (ADS allocation formula)

15% of retail production will be for STMI

Cobalt Chris can go over this with you guys because he knows what he is talking about. I read many of his post's and he's right on target with them..I also work for a chevy dealer.
I can tell you sales of the sedans are doing well..
Old 02-25-2005, 03:43 AM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just took delivery of my Black Cobalt Sedan. I Can see why sales of the sedan are doing well, the online pics do the sedan no Justice, but when u see it in person, whole different ballgame. Stereo goes in tomorrow morning. Hopefully the Rims and Tint soon to Follow, Pics coming Very soon, But I'll need one of u Cool Cats to post them for me as I cant post pics.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:16 AM

congrats man!!! cant wait for the pics
Old 02-25-2005, 09:54 AM

I just took a look at the REAL Invoice for the car going to Bowling Green (as I FIRST TOLD YOU) and 91U is Arrivale Blue:

2005 COBALT 2-DR SUPERCHARGED COUPE CHEVROLET MOTOR DIVISION
91U ARRIVAL BLUE METALLIC /L4G GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
195 EBONY LEATHER, BLUE INSERT 100 RENAISSANCE CENTER
ORDER NO. HPTRJC/TRE STOCK NO. DETROIT MI 48243-1114
VIN 1G1 AP12 P9 57566715 VEHICLE INVOICE 1AD6XXXXXX

So I don't know what you all cut-and-pasted.

In my area, we have about 14 Chevy dealers within 20 miles, including the #1 Chevy Dealer in the Country, so for us, building value is no problem, we sell more Chevy's in our area than any other area in the USA, but we have to compete and sell at, near or under invoice with the In-The-Driveway program where I usually put all my customers, and that is to give them GM Supplier pricing (usually under invoice), simply becuase it get's them the best deal, and puts $150 flat commisions in my pocket versus the $75 and $100 Mini Deals everyone else gets.

Quick Reply: We Have a RED SS/SC in Arizona....woot woot