General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

!@#$%&*!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
HAHA I know I know...I'm computer retarded shall we say and no matter how many people tried to tell me how to post pics, I just can't.
Email them to me and I'll post 'em. The guys wanna know!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrGriffithDW
sorry but a veyr stupid post as people do many illegal things to their not only for looks but to go faster, its your opinion you dont like but do not post it in sauch a rude manor if you wanna ban me go ahead but im just saying your post was arrogant and childish
I'm not going to ban you! I'm a moderator, not a dick. This is the internet, the whole stinkin' thing is about giving people a place to express opinions. I have had LOTS of good arguments here with people.

Speaking of which...

My post was not at all childish. My post points out that people often choose to do certain things even though they know they shouldn't, and that is, as I put it, Stupid. In this case, window tinting is illegal, but someone did it anyway and got caught. Stupid, see?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by cawpin
Email them to me and I'll post 'em. The guys wanna know!

yeah that. even though there is a HOW-TO on here. just use the css.net gallery so my work doesn't block them
Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 PM

I believe Carlos Mencia says it best....DEE DEE DEE...you are retarded....haha
Old 08-31-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
I'm not going to ban you! I'm a moderator, not a dick. This is the internet, the whole stinkin' thing is about giving people a place to express opinions. I have had LOTS of good arguments here with people.

Speaking of which...

My post was not at all childish. My post points out that people often choose to do certain things even though they know they shouldn't, and that is, as I put it, Stupid. In this case, window tinting is illegal, but someone did it anyway and got caught. Stupid, see?
great catch phrase!!

i agree though...doing illegal things always run the rick of getting caught. we still choose to do them anyway and when i get caught doing something illegal i always say..."that was stupid"...but then i usually go do it again anyway.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm old school

Originally Posted by splink
great catch phrase!!
Ya know, your right, it is. I'm gonna change my sig file...

Last edited by Halfcent; 09-01-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by MrGriffithDW
sorry but a veyr stupid post as people do many illegal things to their not only for looks but to go faster, its your opinion you dont like but do not post it in sauch a rude manor if you wanna ban me go ahead but im just saying your post was arrogant and childish

Actually it was very mature and grown up. You may have not liked it though because maybe it hits too close to home?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent

Speaking of which...

But, if you read the entire post, she got less % than she asked for. Even at 25% everyone knows in a month, it woulda been legal. She got caught, because the tinter, not because she wanted darker tint. She asked for 25, got 22 (or so the tinter says) it ended up being 18. 18 is pretty dark compared to 25. In ONE month, that would have passed 35% law.

My best friend tints windows, has for 16 years. I've even helped him a couple times. ALL tint that has to be applied aftermarket WILL FADE. The ONLY time tinted windows will not fade, is FROM THE FACTORY. My 20% will pass any 35% law in the country. Why? it faded. It has passed 3 times.

Yes, your post pointed out the fact that she was illegal, but you TOTALLY ignored the fact she didnt get what she asked for, AND not to forget that it WOULD have passed in a month. Not to mention the COP was a DICK!

IMO, CobaltSSChick, I'd ask the tinter to pay for the ticket, because HE was responsible, and DID NOT ask you to put 22 (or rather 18%) to be put on there, a tinter should ALWAYS call and ask before doing something as stupid as this.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm old school

I don't know what the law is in Pennsylvania, but I'm in Illinois. NO tint is allowed on the front windows. So I was speaking from that perspective. It wouldn't matter how light the tint was.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shamrock
But, if you read the entire post, she got less % than she asked for. Even at 25% everyone knows in a month, it woulda been legal. She got caught, because the tinter, not because she wanted darker tint. She asked for 25, got 22 (or so the tinter says) it ended up being 18. 18 is pretty dark compared to 25. In ONE month, that would have passed 35% law.

My best friend tints windows, has for 16 years. I've even helped him a couple times. ALL tint that has to be applied aftermarket WILL FADE. The ONLY time tinted windows will not fade, is FROM THE FACTORY. My 20% will pass any 35% law in the country. Why? it faded. It has passed 3 times.

Yes, your post pointed out the fact that she was illegal, but you TOTALLY ignored the fact she didnt get what she asked for, AND not to forget that it WOULD have passed in a month. Not to mention the COP was a DICK!

IMO, CobaltSSChick, I'd ask the tinter to pay for the ticket, because HE was responsible, and DID NOT ask you to put 22 (or rather 18%) to be put on there, a tinter should ALWAYS call and ask before doing something as stupid as this.
I wanted to run down there yesterday on break, but didn't have time. I'm headin down there today (hopefully) with my ticket and my receipt to see if they can help me out. Is that really true that it fades in about a month?

I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you think what I did was stupid, so be it. I'm honestly not going to take offense to it.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:41 AM

I wanted to run down there yesterday on break, but didn't have time. I'm headin down there today (hopefully) with my ticket and my receipt to see if they can help me out. Is that really true that it fades in about a month?

I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you think what I did was stupid, so be it. I'm honestly not going to take offense to it.

it doesn't "Fade" really, but a lot of time when it's put on it's still clowdy. sometimes there will be streaks or what looks like wet spots. it does even out in a few weeks.

edit: i don't think that you're stupid. i don't understand the logic of getting an illegal tint, but you're also talking to a guy that doesn't like the way ANY tint looks, so i let it be.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cobalt443
Well on the brighter side of things, atleast this confirms to all the guys out there that just because we have boobies doesn't mean we can't get tickets...lol

The tint ticket does suck, but isn't unexpected. I guess it just comes with the tint territory

Heh heh. You said boobies.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnySasakiMGS
heh heh, so do you
Old 09-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnySasakiMGS

lol...yes I did
Old 09-01-2006, 10:09 AM

See here in my province the law states basically its up to the officers discresion, ive never heard of anyone getting a tint ticket around here.. They just dont seem to mind..!
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 PM

black + windows tints = a must do. in my opignion.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
black + windows tints = a must do. in my opignion.
Black + Windows Tints = ticket.

Honestly i cant drive without tint. Without tint in the bright summer sun i'll start to get headaches and my eyes hurt. I will admit it looks killer, and a little heat reflection during the summer is a great thing, but on any car that grabs attention, tint will get you tickets.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 AM

Went to Auto Addictions to get my windows tinted...I asked for 25%, they told me it doesn't come in incriments such as that, so they gave me 22, which I didn't know until I picked it up. Anyway, 1 day later, 5 minutes from my house I get pulled over. $106.00 ticket
Here's the thing, he put the monitor on my window, slid it down (I was already pissed that I had to roll my window down so early) and it read in at 18%. Cop was a total @$$ to begin with, so it didn't really help that I gave him attitude right back. I tried to joke around with him, but he apparently didn't think I was very funny. Didn't even ask me for license and registration right away, he walked over and said "roll your window up" Trying to joke with him, I replied, "I just got this done, I'm not even supposed to roll them down for 3-4" and I laughed a little. He didn't think it was funny what-so-ever, he was like "I said roll your window up. I mean damn dude. So what a perfect way to end my already crappy day. He told me I had to take it off or he'll continue to pull me over so I told him he would see me around because it aint comin off. It's amazing how many people in the area are getting shot or stabbed, but I'm the criminal for tinting my window. Gotta love cops. And from where I'm from, cops wouldn't even pull you over for going 15 or 20 over the speed limit, these guys will pull you over for 2 or 3 and tinted windows. HUGE change for me, this sucks. Just thought I'd share, I'm sure some of you can relate...
~Cheryl

I have got pulled over 3 times in one month. 2 warnings, one fine. I finally took my 20% all around tint off. I agree 100% with you, so many horrible crimes out there and they worry sbout tint. They should not be able to pull anyone over inless your driving is breaking the law. Cops should not be able to tell you what you can have on your car inless it effects saftey or something. Tinted windows 20% and higher is not unsafe IMO. I got out of one warning by taking a differant yellow balt without tint. I was not going to do it again if I got another warning because who knows what would of happened if they would find out it was not my car lol. Good luck in the future. BTW, taking it off is a huge pain in the ass.

Originally Posted by Shamrock

^^^^^YOU ARE 100% WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^ ******* read the PA law. People always think they know what they are talking about. Even at 40% jackass it was illegal.

I live in PA and I study law. You can not have any tint on any type of car inless it is a wagon or SUV/truck. Trust me, I am freinds with a cop and a Judge. I study law and I think its total BS the way they get around the law here in PA. I have been fighting the tinting law in PA for 4 years now getting nowhere. If I can get 2k sigs with a petition thats a good start. PA law states that 70% of the light must pass through ALL the windows. On a normal window on a normal sunny day about 68-74% light comes though the windows. This means with any tint, even 50% or higher would make the tint illegal. I have tested with tint meters on windows without tint showing only 69%, 70%, and as low as 65%. Keep in mind, these windows were not tinted. From factory most windows in cars are very very slightly tinted. To the point your eye can not make the differance. However, tint meters can make out the differance. They are accrute up to 2% other wise the cops can not use that tint meter. In the past cops would have to ask your permission to use a tint meter. Now the law has changed, and they no longer have to ask permission because tint meters have been removed from the search and sesure law.

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 05-12-2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2007, 01:17 AM

I'm an old man compared to most of you and the window tint thing is a pain in the ass.Before i bought my Cobalt my two previous vehicles were trucks.An '01 Chevy dually and an '05 Denali,both were bought from the dealer with very dark window tint and i was never pulled over.So far in the past month i have been stopped twice while cruising with the windows down and told to roll 'em up so they can check my non existant window tint.That's right,i have no tint and have been pulled over twice for it!The last time i almost had a come apart on the young cop.While i was sitting at the side of the road waiting on this dick with a badge to look over my car for a violation he couldn't find i was passed by two cars with heavy tint and told the cop he better pull them over he replied with "don't get smart with me son" i told him "i'm not your son i'm probably 10 years your senior and if you're gonna ticket me do it and i'll see you in court supercop!"It's gotta be the wing!Can't wait for one of them to ticket me for some made up **** cause my lawyer is itching to ram it down thier throat.I used to have a decent respect for police officers,now i think they are little ****** with a badge and a gun to help them make up for other "shortcomings"they have in life.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by A.F.U.
I'm an old man compared to most of you and the window tint thing is a pain in the ass.Before i bought my Cobalt my two previous vehicles were trucks.An '01 Chevy dually and an '05 Denali,both were bought from the dealer with very dark window tint and i was never pulled over.So far in the past month i have been stopped twice while cruising with the windows down and told to roll 'em up so they can check my non existant window tint.That's right,i have no tint and have been pulled over twice for it!The last time i almost had a come apart on the young cop.While i was sitting at the side of the road waiting on this dick with a badge to look over my car for a violation he couldn't find i was passed by two cars with heavy tint and told the cop he better pull them over he replied with "don't get smart with me son" i told him "i'm not your son i'm probably 10 years your senior and if you're gonna ticket me do it and i'll see you in court supercop!"It's gotta be the wing!Can't wait for one of them to ticket me for some made up **** cause my lawyer is itching to ram it down thier throat.I used to have a decent respect for police officers,now i think they are little ****** with a badge and a gun to help them make up for other "shortcomings"they have in life.
Yeah that is complete bullshit bro. Being pulled over for something clearly illegal is one thing, but getting pulled over because he 'thinks' you have tint is rediculous. I can't stand it when cops pull you over and automatically start checking anything and everything that could be wrong with your car.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:29 AM

Went to Auto Addictions to get my windows tinted...I asked for 25%, they told me it doesn't come in incriments such as that, so they gave me 22, which I didn't know until I picked it up. Anyway, 1 day later, 5 minutes from my house I get pulled over. $106.00 ticket
Here's the thing, he put the monitor on my window, slid it down (I was already pissed that I had to roll my window down so early) and it read in at 18%. Cop was a total @$$ to begin with, so it didn't really help that I gave him attitude right back. I tried to joke around with him, but he apparently didn't think I was very funny. Didn't even ask me for license and registration right away, he walked over and said "roll your window up" Trying to joke with him, I replied, "I just got this done, I'm not even supposed to roll them down for 3-4" and I laughed a little. He didn't think it was funny what-so-ever, he was like "I said roll your window up. I mean damn dude. So what a perfect way to end my already crappy day. He told me I had to take it off or he'll continue to pull me over so I told him he would see me around because it aint comin off. It's amazing how many people in the area are getting shot or stabbed, but I'm the criminal for tinting my window. Gotta love cops. And from where I'm from, cops wouldn't even pull you over for going 15 or 20 over the speed limit, these guys will pull you over for 2 or 3 and tinted windows. HUGE change for me, this sucks. Just thought I'd share, I'm sure some of you can relate...
~Cheryl
Should of told him to go f**k himself or go after the 'real' bad guys/gals. NOT after someone over dark windows.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:34 AM

hey, wouldn't the 70% from the factory plus the 25% tint make it the 18% or so that he got in the meter reading? just a thought...
Old 05-12-2007, 01:47 AM

I like tint due to the fact that perverts can't look into my car and drool over my kids.In my wife's car(no tint)i often catch pervs lookin at my kids,especially my little girl.With tint these wastes of flesh don't know they are there.I was about to take my Balt to have the windows tinted but after the **** that has gone on this past month i don't know.****** cops have a list of sex offenders on thier site but i can't tint my windows to help protect my children from these piles of ****."Sir we can't locate your kidnapped daughter but i did bust several people with tinted windows."
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, dude. There are that many of those kind of ******** where you are from? I hope every pedophile gets what's coming to them...
Old 05-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i guess the cops in my area are pretty chill...i got pulled over with my current tint and smoked tails and they didnt say a word about em...no ticket that night either...i still remain one of the few people i know who doesnt have a traffic or parking ticket....strangely, i deserve one more than most of my friends