General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

2.2 and 2.4 Ebay short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.2 and 2.4 Ebay short shifter

So I bought a short shifter off e-bay almost three weeks ago and it took almost two weeks to get it in the mail using USPS priority 2-3 day shipping. That was frustrating by itself but when I got it, it didn't have a shift knob which according to the auction it definitely should have had one. Here is a link to the auction and note the statement at the very bottom of the description "*Picture represents actual product*".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...160687321&rd=1

Now I have been it contact with the seller trying to get him to send me a shift knob. But he keeps telling me to use the stock one and I keep telling him that the stock knob isn't a screw on type of knob but he just won't listen. So I just opened a dispute with paypal and I am giving him 2 days to ship me a knob or I am going to escalate it to a claim against him and hopefully paypal will refund me some of my money. If he doesn't agree to send me a new knob and paypal won't refund me any of the money, does anyone know what the thread size is on the e-bay shifters? I have read somewhere that it is the same as toyota threads, is that correct? And has anyone else purchased anything from the e-bay seller "tuningpros" and if so what was your experience with them like?

What do you all think about this and is there a good chance to win a claim with paypal?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by agentsmith23
So I bought a short shifter off e-bay almost three weeks ago and it took almost two weeks to get it in the mail using USPS priority 2-3 day shipping. That was frustrating by itself but when I got it, it didn't have a shift knob which according to the auction it definitely should have had one. Here is a link to the auction and note the statement at the very bottom of the description "*Picture represents actual product*".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...160687321&rd=1

Now I have been it contact with the seller trying to get him to send me a shift knob. But he keeps telling me to use the stock one and I keep telling him that the stock knob isn't a screw on type of knob but he just won't listen. So I just opened a dispute with paypal and I am giving him 2 days to ship me a knob or I am going to escalate it to a claim against him and hopefully paypal will refund me some of my money. If he doesn't agree to send me a new knob and paypal won't refund me any of the money, does anyone know what the thread size is on the e-bay shifters? I have read somewhere that it is the same as toyota threads, is that correct? And has anyone else purchased anything from the e-bay seller "tuningpros" and if so what was your experience with them like?

What do you all think about this and is there a good chance to win a claim with paypal?

you will have a very good chance of winning. it says "picture indicates actual product" so then that means if you didnt get everything included then it is definately disputable and you 99.9% chance of winning. I had that but also bought a twm off of ebay at the same time (over 2 years ago) that one was $60 after shipping and the twm was $75 after shipping. I was lucky to get it before the company became big and actually the only real product for the balt, now they are over $150 so i got it about half off :-) but when i got that short shifter i got the shift knob with it and it is heavy as hell, so a normal shift knob will not allow for the quick shifting like the heavy top weight would if you had it. Id say you made the right choice and you shouldve complained after 5 days of not gettin the item. I have never waited longer than 7days for anything ive got off of there so far. I could maybe check tomorrow for the thread pattern but by that time u may have an answer... if you dont i will let you kno
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 PM

I was patient with the guy for a while because he kept in touch with me and stated that the shifter had been shipped but didn't know why it hadn't arrived and after a week he shipped a second one and that one took 5 days to get to me. So as far as the threads do you have the twm or the e-bay shifter? I have a feeling the twm and the e-bay shifter may have different thread patterns.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Take your shifter to a hardware store and they can help you find the thread size. I think mine is 12x1.25 and that is the same size toyota uses. There are some nice shift knobs for toyotas on ebay, get one that has threads so it will not come loose.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 PM

They sell nice ones at auto zone that are universal...my buddy just bought one with blue LEDs
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by 116Fanatic
They sell nice ones at auto zone that are universal...my buddy just bought one with blue LEDs
I had an APC knob on my stock shifter. On a hot day the set screws that held the knob on got fucked up do to the metals expanding at different rates. It pushed the set screws so hard it crosstheaded them. That's why I stay away from universal knobs.

OP you could take your shifter to a junk yard and see if a toyota knob will fit. Take the RLO off first.

Last edited by Black07LS; 10-05-2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 PM

I have both the twm and ebay one. I have the ebay one in the car but I will probably put the twm back in soon, I never noticed much of a difference with them... They are relatively close to the same throws and height