General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

200HP (..and beyond) Right Now??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200HP (..and beyond) Right Now??

I want to start a quick pole. I had an idea a while back but lately have really put some serious thought into pursuing the idea. So, I will shoot you guys the idea and all I need is feedback from you if you like the idea. If not, then make sure to leave a quick post of your thoughts in return.

So, here's the million dollar question:: What do you think about buying a brand new, name brand turbo kit and only be required to make monthly payments on it!?
Now I know there are some of you that own more then just your Cobalt and this caters to that!! I'm talking about putting together a company that caters to ALL cars and trucks!!! Below is an example of 3 different stages of payments that I have broken it down to...

1-Turbo kits $3000-$5000 (Most 4cyl vehicles)= $300-$500 p/month payments

2-Turbo kits $6000-$7000 (Most 6cyl vehicles)= $600-$700 p/month payments

3-Turbo kits $8000-$10k (Most 8cyl vehicles)=$800-$1000 p/month payments

*Please read the check the following link http://www.b15u.com/open-bar/12314-2...right-now.html (my name is Tye1 on this posting) as most of the questions you all have may have been asked already and I have given my response to it likewise.

So basically, you could score a brand new turbo kit of your choosing for as low as $300 p/month!
Now remember, I said "Most **cyl vehicles" I realize that some kits for 4cyl cars may be more than 5k!!!?! That's completely fine if you're willing to throw down the extra bit of cash for the monthly payment. The prices do not depend on the size of motor, but more toward the cost of the kit. I will also make sure that each and every turbo kit is "VEHICLE SPECIFIC"!! NO UNIVERSAL TURBO KITS!! Everyone knows who makes what for what. I would be in collaboration with those companies directly and place the order. All you have to do is make sure that you can handle the monthly payment.

**NOTE: The turbo kits that I'll work on for now is the full Bolt-On kits for the base model Cobalts. Depending on how well it does and how well a partnership I can make with other critical companies, I'll also look into the LSJ and LNF Ecotec varients as well so there's love across the board with both S/C and T/C Cobalts.

So that's it! So, basically the question is, would you be willing to pay monthly payments instead of forking out 3-5k on a turbo kit?? Let the feedback begin!!........
Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM

alright first develop the kit and test it giving us the results and i will decide if i will pay monthly for one. you cant get any feedback if people you dont release the specifics on the kit...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
$300-$500 A month is like another car payment. Personally i'd just save the cash and pay it all at once. I hate bills lol. But thats just me. Good idea for someone who is ok with a payment plan. What would the interest rate be to finance it?

Originally Posted by 08ShowbaltLS
alright first develop the kit and test it giving us the results and i will decide if i will pay monthly for one. you cant get any feedback if people you dont release the specifics on the kit...
I think hes just throwing around the idea to see IF people would actually do a payment plan on a turbo

Last edited by Bluelightning; 07-12-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2010, 02:07 PM

I would for the 300/month one definately. I think the other ones are too much to throw out monthly when you have other bills that will come first every month. But if you make one for the LSJ I might actually look into it
Old 07-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 08ShowbaltLS
Thank you for your response. I will be in the buisness of selling you the products that are already available to you on the market. I don't want to list any specific names (although we all know who the main companies are to for going force inducted with the Ecotec's) at this time because everything is in agrass roots stage right now. In order to show any type of marketing research and feedback to show interest in the product or idea, I am needing responses from you and everyone on CobaltSS.net
So basically, if you are looking for results in a specific product, refer to the product line that it already out on the market and available to you. My plan is only to make those turbo kits available to you as soon as you make the first payment upon purchase. That's it.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to be honest thats what i have a credit card for. good idea though.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
$300-$500 A month is like another car payment. Personally i'd just save the cash and pay it all at once. I hate bills lol. But thats just me. Good idea for someone who is ok with a payment plan. What would the interest rate be to finance it?

I think hes just throwing around the idea to see IF people would actually do a payment plan on a turbo
YES!!! EXACTLY Bluelightning!!!!!! All I need is a response to show your interest in the idea. Through this market research, I'll be able to show this to the higher ups to get the ball rolling and bring this to fruition.

Everyone, responses and feedback is very welcome BUT, honestly all I'm looking for is a quick
---- "I'm down" ----

or

---- "Yea, I'd be interested" ----

So, please ask any questions if you'd like but if you want to take a quick look through the link I provided and reply with one of the two lines above, that would be just fine! Again, all I need to show os that there is a market interest in the idea. That's all.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Traviper
Thats why i asked what the intrest rate would be to finance it. Might save a bit of cash that way
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM

i just read the other thread, i think its a good idea. i know there are alot of guys like myself who would jump at a chance like this. not everyone has 2-3G's layin around to spend when you want but smaller payment are very easily made

i think as long as you went through a process to collect identification and such personal information (like you would any time you apply for a credit like this) there wouldnt be any problem with ensuring payments are made.

i just bought a supercharger kit off a member here and he was cool enough to let me pay in two different payments over a set time. i know personally i wouldnt have even considered getting a kit if this guy wasnt willing to do this...

payment plans are cool when used RESPONSIBLY specially for us average Joe's
Old 07-12-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by colinderr
I would for the 300/month one definately. I think the other ones are too much to throw out monthly when you have other bills that will come first every month. But if you make one for the LSJ I might actually look into it

Thank you colinderr!! I'm just trying to give everyone an easier option instead of forking out 2,3, or 4k for that major upgrade they've been looking for!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Treotix
YES!!! EXACTLY Bluelightning!!!!!! All I need is a response to show your interest in the idea. Through this market research, I'll be able to show this to the higher ups to get the ball rolling and bring this to fruition.

Everyone, responses and feedback is very welcome BUT, honestly all I'm looking for is a quick
---- "I'm down" ----

or

---- "Yea, I'd be interested" ----

So, please ask any questions if you'd like but if you want to take a quick look through the link I provided and reply with one of the two lines above, that would be just fine! Again, all I need to show os that there is a market interest in the idea. That's all.
Oh there will be an interest for sure but the burning question is is it going to be worth it going through you instead of a bank or credit card?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ph3lix_004
i just read the other thread, i think its a good idea. i know there are alot of guys like myself who would jump at a chance like this. not everyone has 2-3G's layin around to spend when you want but smaller payment are very easily made

i think as long as you went through a process to collect identification and such personal information (like you would any time you apply for a credit like this) there wouldnt be any problem with ensuring payments are made.

i just bought a supercharger kit off a member here and he was cool enough to let me pay in two different payments over a set time. i know personally i wouldnt have even considered getting a kit if this guy wasnt willing to do this...

payment plans are cool when used RESPONSIBLY specially for us average Joe's
Wow!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Ph3lix_004, your story is so perfect, I'm probably going to use your entry as a perfect example of the point I'm trying to get across. If everyone had 3-5k just laying around, you would hardly ever see any N/A cars rolling the streets period!! And if you did, then it would be an absolute BEAST of an N/A car or truck!!
Also, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING THE POSTS IN THE LINK PROVIDED!!! I was ready to answer a lot of the questions I've already heard before but I was hoping to illiminate a few questions for those of you that will take a quick second to read over the questions that have already been asked. Just like a FAQ sheet I guess.
Anyway, again, Ph3lix_004, I'm glad to see you were able to get a little help to get your Supercharger kit!!! Congrats big time on that one!! I'm just hoping that I can give everyone a chance to do the same!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Got Bewst?

But how is financing from you any different then me going to a bank and asking for a loan?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Traviper
I'm glad you brought that up. This one is always being brought up! My plan actually works better than a credit card. With credit cards, whenever you go to apply for a loan, depending on what it is and however much you need, it all depends on your credit situation. With my idea, it doesn't matter what your situation is!!! As long as you have a steady job and can afford to make the payments each month, then the kit is yours!!! Your rate isn't going to be any different than the guy that is purchasing a kit for car with PERFECT credit. The only difference may be is that the terms and conditions process may be a little longer for some than others. No matter what though, everyone will accpted for purchasing a turbo kit of their choosing!
If you have any other questions, check out the link I provided in the entry at the beginning, or feel free to ask me if you don't see it in the post!

But how is financing from you any different then me going to a bank and asking for a loan?
Hi Bluelightning! Check out the post I just replied to about financing. Believe me, this is something NO ONE will have to worry about!

Last edited by Treotix; 07-12-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM

lol, so what happens if they stop making payments? You tow their car, and pay a mechanic to take off your property?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:56 PM

Ya I would b interested cause I wanna turbo my 2.2 but its hard 4 me 2 save like 3k cause things always come up n like payin 300-400 in payments would b so much eazier
Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Yeah I agree with some others.

I hate paying bills as it is, so I would probably just save up the cash and drop it all at once

Cause $300 to $500 is a lot on top on our car payments I'm sure for most of us

But very good idea

If I didnt have a kinda high payment aready I might have really jumped on this deal
Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Treotix
I'm glad you brought that up. This one is always being brought up! My plan actually works better than a credit card. With credit cards, whenever you go to apply for a loan, depending on what it is and however much you need, it all depends on your credit situation. With my idea, it doesn't matter what your situation is!!! As long as you have a steady job and can afford to make the payments each month, then the kit is yours!!! Your rate isn't going to be any different than the guy that is purchasing a kit for car with PERFECT credit. The only difference may be is that the terms and conditions process may be a little longer for some than others. No matter what though, everyone will accpted for purchasing a turbo kit of their choosing!
If you have any other questions, check out the link I provided in the entry at the beginning, or feel free to ask me if you don't see it in the post!

Hi Bluelightning! Check out the post I just replied to about financing. Believe me, this is something NO ONE will have to worry about!
So as long as you have a job but have terrible credit you can still buy a turbo kit? Wow i could see that going down hill real fast lol

Originally Posted by scottie
lol, so what happens if they stop making payments? You tow their car, and pay a mechanic to take off your property?
Curious as well

Last edited by Bluelightning; 07-12-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltLs505
Ya I would b interested cause I wanna turbo my 2.2 but its hard 4 me 2 save like 3k cause things always come up n like payin 300-400 in payments would b so much eazier
Thank you CobaltLs505!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:15 PM

they take out a judgement on you / sue you, which if your credit is already in the tank, there are tons of ways to get it off your report / remedy the situation. I work in the credit repair (not consolidation) business as well as other financial needs. This is not a new idea, just a new application, giving loans to mod cars. Honestly if you need to take out a loan to modify your car, your not making a wise financial decision as you obviously can not afford it. If you do the save up and purchase all in one shot plan, you have the cash earning some interest(altho small) and or you have it in an emergency, you change or mind, you need to liquidate, etc etc.

And right now being a lender sucks, your either not getting paid, or people hate you because your interest rates and or terms have to be crazy.

For the people who cant save that kind of money, just take the payments you would normally make per month on this, and put it away in a seperate account each month, this way when you have enough you can do it. You gain interest here, and it will also be CHEAPER, as you are not paying interest for your parts and install, which could up the price another couple hundred dollars.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Yeah I agree with some others.

I hate paying bills as it is, so I would probably just save up the cash and drop it all at once

Cause $300 to $500 is a lot on top on our car payments I'm sure for most of us

But very good idea

If I didnt have a kinda high payment aready I might have really jumped on this deal
I definitely understand where you're coming from Supercharged Guy! That's why I only suggest that someone do this that can AFFORD to may the payments.lol Thank you very much for your interest though! It will be noted!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

lmao
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM

So as long as you have a job but have terrible credit you can still buy a turbo kit? Wow i could see that going down hill real fast lol

Curious as well

Very good point! When starting up a buisness, there will always be risks. Thank you very much for showing concern!! This is something I am thinking heavily about and TRUST ME..there will be MAJOR repercussions if the customer were to attempt to void the agreement, terms and conditions. All the conditions upon purchasing the turbo kit will HAVE to be read "FIRST" with the customers full understanding of how the process works and what happens if there are any missed or falsified payments. Once the terms and conditions are there in writing, and also requiring the customer view this before making ANY purchases, you will know and be fully aware of the situation before making any bad decisions.
All of this will be taken into consideration, handled, and reviewed by higher officials long before this hits the market in it's final stage!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM

ill get the kit, not pay you a dime and call the police when you come to get it for trespassing. This is of course after i use a fake name etc to buy the kit from you. obviously your doing this to make money. id rather not be a irresponsible person and just save up and be patient so you don't make a huge profit off me and i don't spend more money in the process.

patience. saving up money/money management FTW.

edit: also do you even have a product? lol i aint buying no ebay turbo ****. hahn does just fine..
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Sounds like someone needs to put together a comprehensive business plan. Once that is done all will be revealed...

I would not want to wait in line with all the others trying to extract blood from a stone from any defaulting customers.

Quick Reply: 200HP (..and beyond) Right Now??