General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Body shop for the cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body shop for the cobalt ss

So I was washing my car today and when I was drying it I realized that my passenger side headlight stuck farther out. To my discovery it was not the headlight it was the front bumper that did not line up with the passenger headlight. And the paint on the edge of the bumper around the light was chipping. So I drove up to JBA Chevrolet and showed them this monstrosity and they scheduled me an appointment on Nov 8 to send my car to the body shop for 2 days they are also going to check out the brake light that comes on and then goes off sometimes. I have to say they were very helpful

Just wanted to let you know
and if anyone knows what the problem is with the light for the brake coming on during driving feel free to tell me

Thanks
Old 10-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by foci
and if anyone knows what the problem is with the light for the brake coming on during driving feel free to tell me

Thanks
A quick Search turned up this thread... with this...

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/newr...wreply&p=51927

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Rejoice fellow Cobalt-heads for I think I've found the answer to the problem:

Brake System Warning Light Comes on Intermittelntly (Reprogram IPC) #05-08-49-019 - (Jun 22, 2005)
Brake System Warning Light Comes On Intermittently (Reprogram IPC)
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
2005 Pontiac Pursuit (Canada Only)

Condition
Some customers may comment that the brake system warning light comes on intermittently. The brake light will illuminate for 2 to 3 seconds, then will turn off and may never illuminate again. The vehicle should exhibit no braking concerns at all.

Correction
Important:*Programming the IPC must be done PASS-THRU ONLY.
Inspect the brake fluid level and the operation of the parking brake signal switch. If normal, technicians are to reprogram the IPC with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

The customer should be thoroughly questioned to determine if a warning chime accompanies the brake system warning light, and if the BRAKE FLUID or PARKING BRAKE messages are displayed on the DIC when the condition occurs. The condition being discussed does not include any DIC message or warning chime. If the customer reports hearing the warning chime or the DIC messages, then further diagnosis is needed, searching for unwanted inputs from the parking brake switch signal or brake fluid switch signal.

Next time you take your cars in, mention the problem as well as this bulletin. I just had mine done this morning. Hopefully I'll never have to worry about this issue again.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck with a dealer paint repair.

Mine didn't go well, I refused to take to back to the idiot dealership mine sent the car to, got GM to agree to let my body shop fix it, now its 95% perfect and will be 100% after I take it back for two very minor imperfections.