General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Brake Telltale

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Telltale

Hey has anyone seem there brake telltale come on then go off while you are driving??? I have a LS sedan and it has come on a few times now on me. It stays on for a few secs then goes away. Brakes seem to work ok. Checked to see if the E brake was engages but it was not. Thinking of bringing it into the dealership to check it out. Any suggestions??
Old 05-09-2005, 10:24 PM

i believe there is only a light for the E-brake. the cable may have a kink in it from factory error or somthing, OR could be a screw up in your computer. nothing a warrenty cant take care of, bring it in let us know what the deal is. good luck
Old 05-10-2005, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by DanJHartman
i believe there is only a light for the E-brake. the cable may have a kink in it from factory error or somthing, OR could be a screw up in your computer. nothing a warrenty cant take care of, bring it in let us know what the deal is. good luck
yea to be safe just bring it in not like your going to have to pay for it or anything like that
Old 05-18-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Speed220
Hey has anyone seem there brake telltale come on then go off while you are driving??? I have a LS sedan and it has come on a few times now on me. It stays on for a few secs then goes away. Brakes seem to work ok. Checked to see if the E brake was engages but it was not. Thinking of bringing it into the dealership to check it out. Any suggestions??

I brought it in and they could not find anything wrong with the brakes. The e-brake cable looked fine and the master cylinder fluid was full. Sometimes if your brake fluid is low this will set the telltale too. They told me to monitor it but it has not come back on again. I will see as I go on.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:40 PM
BJC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine as done this about once every other week since I got the car.
I'll have them check it when it goes in for the recall for the AC.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 PM

i have that thing going on too.......once every ...2 weeks maybe. Didnt bother to take it to the dealer coz i had a feeling that they wont find the problem.....just like the drivers seat, when u raise the height of it, u hear it chuckling everytime u do left turns and every time u get up............i went to the dealer and i found the same problem on the showroom model........leather ones but not the cloth ones.....
Old 05-18-2005, 10:03 PM

I know you said they checked the master cyl, but it wouldn't hurt to just top it up with fluid. Depending on where the sensor is, and how it sloshes around as you drive, it could be tripping the thing intermittently.

Some ppl have reported a similar issue with the engine coolant. Intermittent low coolant warnings on the DIC, fixed by just topping up the coolant a bit.