General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Build Data for Canadian SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build Data for Canadian SS/SC

My dealer just called, and said my car has a build date for this week. I haven't been paying as much attention to the boards as of late, so I'm not sure if any of my Canadian friends have heard anything (or received their SS/SC yet), so I thought I'd share.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 PM

build date

When did u order your car? colour, options?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by keeper51
When did u order your car? colour, options?
Mid-february.. the 18th, I think it was.

I thought all that was in my sig Sunburst Orange Metallic, Sunroof. And I think that's all the options, really. I didn't get OnStar or the side-curtain airbags..
Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 PM

awsome

I also ordered mine mid-february, rally yellow with yellow inserts and only option is sunroof, i hope i get a call soon then
Old 03-22-2005, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by keeper51
I also ordered mine mid-february, rally yellow with yellow inserts and only option is sunroof, i hope i get a call soon then
well guys i did order mine on feb 21/then cancelled and found one in brampton ont i pick up thurs or saturday
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM

Congrats, I hope it happens, but don't get your hopes up too much. I have a early October order that isn't being built to June, and others on here in Canada have cars that were ordered in September that don't have any kind of build date.

I hope yours comes, but be weary that the dealer is giving you some BS.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by MikeSS
Congrats, I hope it happens, but don't get your hopes up too much. I have a early October order that isn't being built to June, and others on here in Canada have cars that were ordered in September that don't have any kind of build date.

I hope yours comes, but be weary that the dealer is giving you some BS.
Maybe, but what reason would he have to call me at home, when I haven't spoken to him for a few weeks, and just say "Oh hey, your cars gonna be built this week!"?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:04 PM

Well I had a build date for this week, and it is now pushed back to next week. This is about the 4th time they've pushed it back, but the good news is they are atleast little push backs... lol
Old 03-24-2005, 09:44 AM

Finally Good News

I went to my Chevy dealer last night to buy a 2005 Colorado Xtreme, and while I was out test driving the truck, the general manager came back to the office. When I got back from my test drive he said "Hey Mike, I spoke to my regional rep and he said I could put our dealerships two cars on priority build. This means I will be getting both of my cars now as 2005 models and the will be built soon"

So now it is a waiting game. We figure my car should show up anywhere between Mid April and June.

BTW- He got comformation from the GM Canada rep that GM Canada horribly oversold their pre-orders and not everyone is getting a 2005 model that ordered one. At least I'll get one now.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MikeSS
I went to my Chevy dealer last night to buy a 2005 Colorado Xtreme, and while I was out test driving the truck, the general manager came back to the office. When I got back from my test drive he said "Hey Mike, I spoke to my regional rep and he said I could put our dealerships two cars on priority build. This means I will be getting both of my cars now as 2005 models and the will be built soon"

So now it is a waiting game. We figure my car should show up anywhere between Mid April and June.

BTW- He got comformation from the GM Canada rep that GM Canada horribly oversold their pre-orders and not everyone is getting a 2005 model that ordered one. At least I'll get one now.
THATS GREAT MIKE, i think gm screwed up,but good thing i found this red one cause i ordered my blue cobalt ss/sc in feb 21/05,but woodlands chev-olds is a getting a blue/blue inserts some tome in may as they told me but all the hype i couldnt wait so saturday ill be pimping my ride .......lmao
Old 03-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Talk to my salesman yesterday. This is what he told me. My blue SS/SC is placed on top priority and has bumped 2 dealer ordered SS/SC they had for themselves. Also mine will be 1 of the first blue ones in the district(hard to believe). They need it for me soon cause me current lease is almost done and I'll be free(without penalty) to shop elsewhere. My blueSS is marked as sold, financing is approved and they have deposit already. I ordered feb 23. He couldn't give me an ETA or build date. Said he doesn't know.. I'm just waiting........