General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

bye bye ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bye bye ss

so it's pretty much done, I made the call this morning to my dealership to start looking for an older truck for me. I'm saying goodbye to the SS. I had to make the tough decision and realize that struggling to make payments on a car that has had so many issues since the day I bought it was just dumb. I need to get a cheaper car for now that will be more reliable. I'll get a nice car again in a few years. For now, I'll be getting a Dodge Dakota quad cab. I'm gonna miss the car and the meets, but I'll be back once I can afford it. BTW, I'll probably be throwing my winter wheel/tire set up F/S on here soon, they've only been used for one season. 16" steelies with Bridgestone Blizzaks, the rears look almost brand new still, fronts, well you can tell they were on the front of an SS/SC (a little more worn down)...bye bye cobalt
Old 05-14-2007, 05:27 PM

sorry to hear that dude.
goodluck!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what are you turning it in? Thats gonna hit your credit like a wrecking ball!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:44 PM

So how can you just stop paying for it? Thats not an option, it will hurt your credit and end up costing you money in the long run. I'm a little confused (as usual)

Are you talking about trading it in and just putting the negative equity towards the truck? That would probalby make your payments even higher!!

Expand a little please, but goodluck nevertheless.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by LandonElf
So how can you just stop paying for it? Thats not an option, it will hurt your credit and end up costing you money in the long run. I'm a little confused (as usual)

Are you talking about trading it in and just putting the negative equity towards the truck? That would probalby make your payments even higher!!

Expand a little please, but goodluck nevertheless.
Yeah he's right, i made that mistake when i traded my 2003 Z24 for my Cobalt there was 1 year left in my contract which has been added to the cobalt payments.
So my cobalt cost the price of a g85 one
Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 PM

ouch...goodluck with shitty gas mileage too...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Sorry to hear about that buddy. But the other guys are right. That's going to screw your credit like a ****. Good luck though!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Get An Aveo!!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:37 PM

sorry to hear that man but good luck!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:38 PM

well when i had talked to the dealership i purchased it at, they were gonna make up for the payoff difference (the car is worth 13000, i owe 21000, they were gonna give me 21000 for the trade in)...now they are not going to help me out because they are a bunch of duesch bags...i've contacted a lawyer and they are reviewing my case. they've told me that they've pretty much won my breach of warranty case before they even file, so that will take care of the payoff...the dealership has been promising me things for a month and a half and i've gotten nowhere with them, so i'm reporting them to the better business bureau, they're getting sued, and gm will have a lawsuit on their hands as well...i'll know more details tomorrow when i talk to the attorney again, i will keep you updated on the situation

sorry i was kinda vague in the original post, i'm just so stressed about this whole situation and don't know what to do anymore, which is why i'm letting the lawyer figure it all out
Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 PM

Hope all goes well for you man good luck
Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by RickZ28
Yeah he's right, i made that mistake when i traded my 2003 Z24 for my Cobalt there was 1 year left in my contract which has been added to the cobalt payments.
So my cobalt cost the price of a g85 one
If there was only one year left, how did you have negative equity? Was the engine blown or something?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 PM

always sad to see someone give up their SS/SC. Hope you get one real soon again!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by slvrcobaltscss
well when i had talked to the dealership i purchased it at, they were gonna make up for the payoff difference (the car is worth 13000, i owe 21000, they were gonna give me 21000 for the trade in)...now they are not going to help me out because they are a bunch of duesch bags...i've contacted a lawyer and they are reviewing my case. they've told me that they've pretty much won my breach of warranty case before they even file, so that will take care of the payoff...the dealership has been promising me things for a month and a half and i've gotten nowhere with them, so i'm reporting them to the better business bureau, they're getting sued, and gm will have a lawsuit on their hands as well...i'll know more details tomorrow when i talk to the attorney again, i will keep you updated on the situation

sorry i was kinda vague in the original post, i'm just so stressed about this whole situation and don't know what to do anymore, which is why i'm letting the lawyer figure it all out
How much was the car originally if you still owe $21000?!? Did you make any payments? I thought that was pretty much the cost of an SS/SC right there? I'm really confused.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 PM

He may have rolled some negitive equity into the SS when he bought it. I know of a guy in town who owes 26k on his 06 SS/SC, talk about being upside down. Good luck with the dealership crap, I work at one (not sales) and I know how bad they can jerk you around!

Mike
Old 05-15-2007, 12:07 AM

I hope that Dodge isn't an automatic, or soon you'll be wishing you had the Cobalt back, 'issues' and all.

Good luck, though.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2006
I hope that Dodge isn't an automatic, or soon you'll be wishing you had the Cobalt back, 'issues' and all.

Good luck, though.
No kidding. Pretty ironic to be complaining about mechanical problems of the 'balt and then say he's getting a Dakota, not exactly the Honda Accord of reliable cars.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 AM

Haha, another fool thinking he can sue one of the largest companies in the world.....Good luck with that buddy.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:50 AM

Hey man sorry to hear about that, but what exactly are you suing them for? Be careful because GM has a team of lawyers on call that do these cases like every week.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

my cobalt costs as much as sticker price becuase i was upside down by almost 5 grand
Old 05-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Haha, another fool thinking he can sue one of the largest companies in the world.....Good luck with that buddy.
alright, no need to be a dick and call me a fool...there is a thing called a lemon law, and that law has a clause called a breach of warranty claim. it gives the manufacturer 3 chances to fix one problem...so thanks for the "good luck" i won't need it because gm will settle before it even goes to court...i'm not asking them for millions of dollars, i'm asking them to pay off my car so i can start from scratch...not rocket science BUDDY....god you have issues with a car you love, you come on to a forum for support and you get **** jockeys who think they know everything about everything else that just wanna sound impressive and tough...nothing positive to say then don't even read my thread

the reason i owed so much is a little number called interest...didn't get a very good rate, prob because i bought used with no incentives available

Hey man sorry to hear about that, but what exactly are you suing them for? Be careful because GM has a team of lawyers on call that do these cases like every week.
as stated above it's a breach of warranty claim, basically just gets you a cash settlement because gm has no clue how to fix the problem, field reps were out to look at the car and basically stood around scratching their heads like a bunch of monkeys...

Last edited by slvrcobaltscss; 05-15-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM

so it's pretty much done, I made the call this morning to my dealership to start looking for an older truck for me. I'm saying goodbye to the SS. I had to make the tough decision and realize that struggling to make payments on a car that has had so many issues since the day I bought it was just dumb. I need to get a cheaper car for now that will be more reliable. I'll get a nice car again in a few years. For now, I'll be getting a Dodge Dakota quad cab. I'm gonna miss the car and the meets, but I'll be back once I can afford it. BTW, I'll probably be throwing my winter wheel/tire set up F/S on here soon, they've only been used for one season. 16" steelies with Bridgestone Blizzaks, the rears look almost brand new still, fronts, well you can tell they were on the front of an SS/SC (a little more worn down)...bye bye cobalt
Hey NOOOOOOO!! I saw you the other day, you and the gf on 100 last week sometime coming underneath the bi-pass....you didnt see me...sucks you're giving up but you got your reasons...good luck with the truck
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM

oh i see, i actually had a similar problem due to overboosting. They had my car for over 60 days and had to have a GM engineer come out and figure it out.

Turns out it was an improperly installed stage 2 kit (they installed it).........

I guess i could have gotten a lawyer, but sometimes its just not worth the hassle. (and i really like my dealership and don't want to alienate them)
Old 05-15-2007, 04:46 PM

oh i see, i actually had a similar problem due to overboosting. They had my car for over 60 days and had to have a GM engineer come out and figure it out.

Turns out it was an improperly installed stage 2 kit (they installed it).........

I guess i could have gotten a lawyer, but sometimes its just not worth the hassle. (and i really like my dealership and don't want to alienate them)
yea, i'm just sick of getting yanked around by the dealership, they've been promising things for a month and a half and i've gotten nowhere...so since they won't do anything for me my only option was to get an attorney...the good news is depending on what kinda settlement i get i MIGHT be able to get another balt, which would be great...we'll see
Old 05-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Lol yea that would be great, it would be funny as crap if you bought it from the same dealership, just to rub it in.

Heck, you might as well get a beater and save up for the new Camaro, 4th quarter of 08 is the rumored release date.

430hp for around 26-27K. You cant beat that with a stick!

Quick Reply: bye bye ss