General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cvenom arrested...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You law kids are arrogant as hell, whether in college or not. Read your own posts—all of you. The grads are pulling rank like seniors in high school, and the students are copying textbooks. None of you have any experience whatsoever. Leave this to real lawyers.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
This thread makes me embarrassed to be associated with this site.

This kid knowingly disobeyed the law... and it resulted in a death. That may not be planned murder, but it was knowingly risking the lives of everyone on the road that day. He ran that risk, and he lost. End of story. He's guilty in my book. I don't care if the lady ran a red light, didn't look, or pulled an illegal u-turn... the fact remains that he was going way over the speed limit (racing or not) and killed a person because of it.

Justify it all you want... "Oh we all street race." "Oh, we'll learn a lesson from it." Doesn't matter. Nothing you can say makes what happened ok... nor will it save that lady.

But by running a redlight or pulling an illegal u-turn your not risking others???? I bet running redlights causes more accidents than speeding! That is running a risk as well.

I am not saying she did, I am just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

A friend of mine was hit by someone who ran a redlight doing the sped limit and has been in a wheelchair and now has major diabilites because of it (happened when he was in his teens). His life was ruined from the get go, and is arguably more detrimental than this story (not saying that it is though). And noone was speeding, someone ran a redlight, which is, according to you, not endangering someone.

Fact of the matter.. it DOES matter if she ran a redlight or something of the sort. SHe probably didn't because they brought these charges on him, but you said it does not matter WHEN IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM

please do not make accusations about the road and traffic setup if you don't know it. if you dont know it, you have no basis to your point. i'm gonna go take pictures
Old 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM

thread has taken off heading to hell cloud 9.. abort and redirect
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM

The Blur, I am not a law kid just to clear that up. When I realized the hipocricy of our system I gave that up. I just know a lil bit, enough that someone won't illegally search my **** lol sorry that was a jay-z line.... anywho I think this is more of a case of not reading my posts and then commenting on them. Oh well I stick to my convictions Involuntary is what he should be charged with. Give him 5 yrs and 5 yrs of probation. His life will be near ruined after this anyhow. I mean seriously how are you going to give this kid more years than a rapist ? Someone that knowingly did what they did and planned it and meant to hurt the person..... aggh yes the legal system it totally rocks.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 PM

Kill the thread. Somebody please kill the thread.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

um, Clearly people should NOT NOT NOT be street racing,
the tendancy for elderly people to misjudge time, speed, and distance is inevitable.

**** the police, I dont street race, I have nothing to worry about
and if you street racers are smart
youll cut the **** with racing on the street so peeps like me will stop getting pulled over for suspishon

p.s. I didint spell 1/2 the words right in here
Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Codyak Supercharged
um, Clearly people should NOT NOT NOT be street racing,
the tendancy for elderly people to misjudge time, speed, and distance is inevitable.

**** the police, I dont street race, I have nothing to worry about
and if you street racers are smart
youll cut the **** with racing on the street so peeps like me will stop getting pulled over for suspishon

p.s. I didint spell 1/2 the words right in here
Put down the blunt.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by The_Blur
Kill the thread. Somebody please kill the thread.
i think they are calling for us Charles
Old 12-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
The Blur, I am not a law kid just to clear that up. When I realized the hipocricy of our system I gave that up. I just know a lil bit, enough that someone won't illegally search my **** lol sorry that was a jay-z line.... anywho I think this is more of a case of not reading my posts and then commenting on them. Oh well I stick to my convictions Involuntary is what he should be charged with. Give him 5 yrs and 5 yrs of probation. His life will be near ruined after this anyhow. I mean seriously how are you going to give this kid more years than a rapist ? Someone that knowingly did what they did and planned it and meant to hurt the person..... aggh yes the legal system it totally rocks.
Since the thread isn't locked yet, I'll keep talking.

I'm not targeting anyone individually. And my legal expertise is to use the same song when a cop pulls you over ("cuz I'm young and I'm black and my hat's real low"). You haven't been the big problem.

People sound like they're coming up with excuses to label this as the smallest offense possible. You are all biased. You all race. You all could kill any of us any day of the week and we don't like knowing that the next night we're out driving late could be our last. He messed up. What do I think he deserves? He didn't really want to kill someone, so I don't think he should be in there forever. He's young. I say let him out earlier but don't let him drive for a while.

Once again, I hope you all learned from this street race gone wrong.

I don't agree that rapists should be in jail for less time than him. Rapists should be executed on site—just my opinion.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:48 PM

yes please do..... and then pass it to me ! So this thread has been talked to death. I think it was a very productive thread. We learned

1. We all have different opinions
2. None of us are lawyers
3. We have all forgotten what the point of this thread really was

The one thing none of us learned was not to street race. I guaran damn tee you that most of us will do this again. Sad that we never learn.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by HiSpdPursuit
i think they are calling for us Charles
Damn I gotta get ready to go to work
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 PM

I really dont think this thread should be locked, no offense to xeonoz or cvenom or anybody, but this is something that people need to be aware of. I do believe that this has been said before multiple times, but, street racing is wrong, I have done it. People need to know what can happen when you street race. God Bless cvenom and your family
Old 12-06-2006, 02:50 PM

I am at work...... upgrading exchange 2000 - exchange 2003 is a real resource consuming son of a bitch !
Old 12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

wait so now you changed your mind...he can be charged with 2nd degree now...but shouldnt...make up your mind.

but anyways now that we are sort of in agreement why do you think he SHOULDNT be charged with 2nd degree?
HiSpdPursuit,

First I would like to say :: get real, I posted a fact I got out of a law book. I wasn't saying he should be charged with it just a well known fact that your definition of it was wrong. That's all I was trying to prove, I NEVER said he should or shouldn't be charged with 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. Fact is unless he spefcially stated he was going to kill someone in his car it's going to be hard to build a case for 2nd Degree Murder. For a full refund on what you want to hear please send me a self address envelope to "I don't care for you" P.O Box 579 Clinton Township, MI 48038 attention "wise guy"

Definition states for Second Degree Murder

MURDER, SECOND DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of second degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought (Intent to Kill); and the killing was premeditated. Note that the elements are identical with those for 1st degree murder. The practical difference is the sentences are different. Which crime to charge is usually entirely up to the prosecutorźs discretion.

Definition state for Involuntary Manslaughter

MANSLAUGHTER, INVOLUNTARY - In order for a person to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter the government must prove that someone was killed as a result of an act by the person;

Second, in the circumstances existing at the time, the person's act either was by its nature dangerous to human life or was done with reckless disregard for human life; and

Third, the person either knew that such conduct was a threat to the lives of others or knew of circumstances that would reasonably cause the person to foresee that such conduct might be a threat to the lives of others.

I even asked someone who works with me that isn't law related and one person who is law related (lawyer) and I got the same answer with only stating person killed someone else by street racing (mistakingly, not willing) and Mansalughter came to mind.

So I wish you won't go out and call names when I never did anything to you other then provide a valid fact. 2nd Degree Murder is not called for in this case.

I feel for you Chris, Good luck with everything, including your brother and rest of family. I don't condone your actions I hope you get thru everything.

To the other person who said because he is american, (Sexsi - SS), real mature comment. I could say the same thing in reverse roles about Canadians but you know you boaters aren't perfect by any means, just seem to think you are. Just an FYI.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM

ohhh thats right...it was sneaky that is stupid...anyway, since your thick ass head must have missed it the first time ive already proved you wrong..so i will quote myself again.

sneaky...give up now and stop making yourself look stupid...if you dont know how to interpret law and how it is applyed then stop trying. simply copying and pasting definitions is doing abosolutly nothing. so i retract my statement about 1stblu and apply it to you. If copying and pasting makes you feel smarter then so be it...

on with the show...

"The precise definition of murder varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Under the common law, or law made by courts, murder was the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. The term malice aforethought did not necessarily mean that the killer planned or premeditated on the killing, or that the killer felt malice toward the victim. Generally, malice aforethought referred to a level of intent or recklessness that separated murder from other killings and warranted stiffer punishment.

Many states use the California definition of implied malice to describe an unintentional killing that is charged as murder because the defendant intended to do serious bodily injury or acted with extreme recklessness

A person who unintentionally causes the death of another person also may be charged with murder under the depraved-heart theory. Depraved-heart murder refers to a killing that results from gross negligence"
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

i hope that was a joke...why dont we leave the collision reconstruction to the professionals...you know...the ones that do it on a daily basis...the cops maybe?

im not even going to begin to explain how wrong and far off your 'intelligent' scientific explaination was.

as far as the warrants go...they have every right to take them. That moron venom guy is all over streetfire and this site. its not hard to trace it back to him.

now why dont you all stop giving your useless uneducated "i watch too much CSI so i know everything" approaches to collision reconstruction, law...etc and shut up.

Cause the experts course as described to me for training a state policeman is 3 day tops in PA..I spent 1yr in physics...and im an engineer...Chances are I know more about physic and cars.

Whats wrong with my half assed scientific arguement...I did it quickly and using unrealistic reaction time (should be about .5 sec actually)...In theory as long as he was looking at the road he should have had enough time and distance to stop at the speed he was travelling at which leads me to think she most likely pulled out in front of him or pulled out before he made the rise in the hill. In the first case she is to blame...esp if he had already crested the rise in the hill that is approx from what i heard 400ft away...in the second he is to blame for not braking fast enough.

Also its a proven fact rust destroys a vehicles ability to withstand impact. What are the NJ inspection procedures like? In MI and FL there are none period.

Either way...street racing is retarded...ya I do it and almost lost my life doing it..since then I still race but either at the track or on near zero traffic roads late at night where cross traffic interference is minimal...
Old 12-06-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by NoRemorse
But by running a redlight or pulling an illegal u-turn your not risking others???? I bet running redlights causes more accidents than speeding! That is running a risk as well.

I am not saying she did, I am just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

A friend of mine was hit by someone who ran a redlight doing the sped limit and has been in a wheelchair and now has major diabilites because of it (happened when he was in his teens). His life was ruined from the get go, and is arguably more detrimental than this story (not saying that it is though). And noone was speeding, someone ran a redlight, which is, according to you, not endangering someone.

Fact of the matter.. it DOES matter if she ran a redlight or something of the sort. SHe probably didn't because they brought these charges on him, but you said it does not matter WHEN IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES.
Running a red light is endangering others. I never said it didn't. I simply said even if she did, that does not make it acceptable that he was doing double the speed limit (or however fast he was speeding).

And if he had been doing the speed limit, there would've been a lesser chance of the accident being as severe. Look at your friend... he's alive still. There's a reason you lose your license for speeding as fast as he apparently was in this case... but don't lose your license for running a red light. So please, don't be as naive as to suggest that running a red light puts people at the same risk on the road as doing double the speed limit or more. There is also the chance that running the redlight could have been inadvertent. He clearly knew that what he was doing (and that it was illegal and unsafe).

Again... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF SHE RAN THE REDLIGHT. It doesn't make what he did legal, safe, or acceptable.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
Cause the experts course as described to me for training a state policeman is 3 day tops in PA..I spent 1yr in physics...and im an engineer...Chances are I know more about physic and cars.

Whats wrong with my half assed scientific arguement...I did it quickly and using unrealistic reaction time (should be about .5 sec actually)...In theory as long as he was looking at the road he should have had enough time and distance to stop at the speed he was travelling at which leads me to think she most likely pulled out in front of him or pulled out before he made the rise in the hill. In the first case she is to blame...esp if he had already crested the rise in the hill that is approx from what i heard 400ft away...in the second he is to blame for not braking fast enough.

Also its a proven fact rust destroys a vehicles ability to withstand impact. What are the NJ inspection procedures like? In MI and FL there are none period.

Either way...street racing is retarded...ya I do it and almost lost my life doing it..since then I still race but either at the track or on near zero traffic roads late at night where cross traffic interference is minimal...
wow you must have failed horribly or not paid attention...reaction time is only a sliver of the variables in question. there is many many many variables to consider...to place the entire incident on just reaction time, braking distance, and driver skill is just plain wrong.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

ohhh thats right...it was sneaky that is stupid...anyway, since your thick ass head must have missed it the first time ive already proved you wrong..so i will quote myself again.
Off Topic:

Ok for one I am providing a BASIC definition, never did I say this was for every state, ever country in every case. I am not the law nor do I know much about it but from what I read from experts it sounds like it should be tried as Involuntary Manslaughter if it gets tried.

You never proved me wrong nor have you proved any kind of facts other then doing what I did and posting the same information with slightly more turned around facts about other places.

Stupidity falls in many factors. You unfortuantly met one of them. If you are studying to become something in law maybe you should try harder.

Oh but that's right... you can't be wrong... I bet you think your never wrong.

On Topic: Xeonxz if your brother needs real legal advise your not going to find it from this guy. If you need a shoulder to lean on call me bro. Anytime!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

wow you must have failed horribly or not paid attention...reaction time is only a sliver of the variables in question. there is many many many variables to consider...to place the entire incident on just reaction time, braking distance, and driver skill is just plain wrong.
Just stop talking seriously. Your not contrbuting anything to this thread except negative vibes. Your not an expert. Stop acting like one.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:16 PM

K I stopped reading this thread part way through so I don't know if this has been posted.

It's an old car made of solid steal and yet it was cleanly cut in half...
That makes me wonder if it was one of those cars that was written off due to front end or rear end damage, cut in half, and then re-assembled with another half?!

Something to look at anyways...

I wish all the best to all those involved
Old 12-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

Anyone bashing or assuming instantly that cvemon was completely responsible needs just not post anymore. He was part of this online family, no matter how disfunctional we areat times, and NEVER intended to have any of this happen. We all know street racing isnt legal for a reason, and everytime we do it we are takinga huge risk, however thereare a million variables to consider that none of you have.... LIKE
did the other car start it, and cvenom was meerly trying to keep the respect level of ALL OUR cars, Did the older lady illegally move into the intersection....you know what, i dont care, SHE DID, there is no way anyone capable of driving would have pulled out into the intersection is they were able to properly judge distances and speeds, which is a requirement by law to hold a valid drivers license. This accident is a tragidy,however a by product of 2 MAJOR mistakes, one of which cvenom will pay for for the rest oof his life, and one the old women commit, thatcost her her life.

I hate seeing all the old guys on here with there family 2.2 slowbalts knocking him for racing, and stereotyping him just as much as i hate seeing all the young bucks on here with juiced up cars acting like they never put the foot to the floor now and then. Chris messed up, was in the wrongplace at the wrong time, thats it. Nothing more, and it coulda happened to anyone of us at anytime. Its just too bad it had to happen this way...and i hope that if they follow through with the murder 2 charges, that the other car is brought in, and also charged for murder 2... because it was chris's fault he was in thatparticular lane, or that the elderly lady wasnt able to drive efficiently..and drastically misjudged everything, therefore making the murder charged biased to him drag racing, which completely implements the other car just as severely as chris's. He could have hit the older lady just as easy if she had been closer, he had been faster, or simply been in the other lane.

As it is, this thread doesnt need to be closed, but it does need to be respected... no stereotypes, no bashing, nothing of that sort, how about we just keep it too the well wishes, personal relection, are get wells/good lucks, cause that whateveryone involved right now deserve from us.

matt
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM

Actually, I would tend to think that reaction time has A LOT to do with accidents, and not allowing for enough space and distance for reaction time.

Dan knows his ****. I can personally gaurentee he understands physics a **** load more than you do.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM

This thread makes me embarrassed to be associated with this site.

This kid knowingly disobeyed the law... and it resulted in a death. That may not be planned murder, but it was knowingly risking the lives of everyone on the road that day. He ran that risk, and he lost. End of story. He's guilty in my book. I don't care if the lady ran a red light, didn't look, or pulled an illegal u-turn... the fact remains that he was going way over the speed limit (racing or not) and killed a person because of it.

Justify it all you want... "Oh we all street race." "Oh, we'll learn a lesson from it." Doesn't matter. Nothing you can say makes what happened ok... nor will it save that lady.

Sorry, I would just like to call you a hypocrite.

Your post:
...By the time all was said and done, I was doing 115 and he was dropping back.
Not to mention another of your posts where you have videos of yourself racing another car with traffic present.

Hmhh....

Quick Reply: Cvenom arrested...