General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Detroit Auto Show COBALT SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never did hate them, I just(and still do) prefer the C5's.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Alright the pics are up and no one has said a word about the Pioneer 10" sub in the trunk!!!! Is anyone else shocked that GM would have a sub put in the trunk of a stock car? And why just 1? At leats put two in, not only for better and even sound, but to also make the trunk not look dimensional cause you have a speaker on one side and a dip in on the other. But I bet it will be turned down so much you won't feel it. (cause of different places sound ordinances and stuff I bet) Plus look at how small the trunk opening is. I'd say you be lucky to fit your suitcases in there on the way to the airport. Another interesting fact about the Cobalt SS is that the seats can only be folded down by a release in the trunk. bad design or is there a reason for this??? Who knows. I can't think of anythign else to say right now so I'll leave it at that.

Tom
Old 01-22-2005, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by 06RedSS
Alright the pics are up and no one has said a word about the Pioneer 10" sub in the trunk!!!! Is anyone else shocked that GM would have a sub put in the trunk of a stock car? Plus look at how small the trunk opening is. I'd say you be lucky to fit your suitcases in there on the way to the airport. Another interesting fact about the Cobalt SS is that the seats can only be folded down by a release in the trunk. bad design or is there a reason for this??? Who knows. I can't think of anythign else to say right now so I'll leave it at that.

Tom

The picture is deceiving when it comes to the trunck opening. I've seen a sedan and looked at the trunk, I thought it was simular to the cav's trunk, actually I was somewhat impressed. As for the sub..... its not bad I think it was a result of trying to compete with other manufacters.... I might pull the sub and put my 12" Rockford pro series in it.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Archplsm
The picture is deceiving when it comes to the trunck opening. I've seen a sedan and looked at the trunk, I thought it was simular to the cav's trunk, actually I was somewhat impressed. As for the sub..... its not bad I think it was a result of trying to compete with other manufacters.... I might pull the sub and put my 12" Rockford pro series in it.

Reguardless of the picture (which I took so I saw it first hand obviously), the opening is small. I have 2 12" subs and I'm going to have to get truck boxes or get a custome box cause there is no way they will get in there. Even throught the pulled down seat.

Tom
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM

Reguardless of the picture (which I took so I saw it first hand obviously), the opening is small. I have 2 12" subs and I'm going to have to get truck boxes or get a custome box cause there is no way they will get in there. Even throught the pulled down seat.

Tom
The best thing I have figured out for the sub box is to make it 8" deep so it can be tipped down and rotated to get it out of the trunk. My 12" requires 1.5 ft3 of air space, so this dimension works for me. If you have a good 12" you should only need (1) and just run 300-400 watts to it with a compacitor, you'll get all the bumb you'll ever want. I even thought of putting both of mine back in, set up in an isometric box. I had (2) 12" Rockford's in a trunk once..... couldn't take it, it would actually numb my brain while driving, almost wrecked a couple times.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright the pics are up and no one has said a word about the Pioneer 10" sub in the trunk!!!! Is anyone else shocked that GM would have a sub put in the trunk of a stock car? And why just 1? At leats put two in, not only for better and even sound, but to also make the trunk not look dimensional cause you have a speaker on one side and a dip in on the other. But I bet it will be turned down so much you won't feel it. (cause of different places sound ordinances and stuff I bet) Plus look at how small the trunk opening is. I'd say you be lucky to fit your suitcases in there on the way to the airport. Another interesting fact about the Cobalt SS is that the seats can only be folded down by a release in the trunk. bad design or is there a reason for this??? Who knows. I can't think of anythign else to say right now so I'll leave it at that.

Tom
Well my SRT has a kicker sub in the trunk, so seems like old news, lol

Actually I applaud the Big automakers for doing things like this! Plus we saw this before, it is cool!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
mtm

i will probably disconect the sub and put my 2 12" L7 solobarics in there. all you need to do is have them fire into the box so you dont need such a big box
Old 01-24-2005, 09:49 PM

as for the trunk space, the opening is a little small, but (at least on the sedans) you can lay the back seats all the way down for even more space.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 PM

sub

my brothers srt4 has the KICKER sub in the trunk, and it is weak. we bought a 10" pioneer and put it back there, and that thing bumps pretty well. by the way, i crashed his srt4 into a tree on Saturday. ruined the front bumper and smashed the intercooler. but that was the worst of the damage. probly cost 6000-8000 grand to replace and fix everything though. it was an '05 model, so the parts are still being made.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 PM
p7x

**** man, ur bro must have been pissed. But i have to say i'm not a big fan of neons so im not to sad. But what I wrote for was to say I went to the Detriot auto show on sunday and talked to the guy there and he said that the cobalt does not come with a LSD. Which sux!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:10 AM

I cant wait for these things to come out.