General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Help on the NA/SC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help on the NA/SC!!!

Well i just bought my SS/NA about 2 weeks ago, with basicly all the upgrades and everything for 15,995 with only 7,300 miles on it. Kelly blue book is 18,000. so im already under the blue book value... Well lets just say it, I WANT THE SUPERCHARGED ONE!. do you think a dealer would want to do a clean swap? the loan i have out is 17,000 cuase thats what it was out the door with tax and tags.. since mine has 7,990 right now on it. maybe a SC one with like 15-20K?, any ideas men? .. if i have to i might just have to say bye to the N/A .. its just i would love the SC one cause of the stage upgrades and everything with the SC...
Old 05-07-2007, 01:54 PM

no way man, youll be losing so much money bro
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fbaero10
do you think a dealer would want to do a clean swap? ...

Of course they would! Go in there today.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by css9450
Of course they would! Go in there today.
and they will tack on $10k extra on his loan to make up for the *loss*.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 PM

Can you say....NEGATIVE EQUITY? Sure the dealer will sell you whatever your little heart wants. What they do is tack the price of what you owe on top of the price of the SS/Sc and TA DA! Congratulations your the proud owner of a $40,000 Cobalt!

Buuuuuut if thats what you just gotta have......
Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Agreed^^ The difference of what you owe compared to what they will give you for on a trade will be tacked on top of the price of the car you want to buy.

In my area the SS/NA books for on a trade around 12-13K with options, automatic and your mileage. The dealer will try to buy it off you for less no doubt so actually getting that much for it will be fun. Thats about 4k dollars negative equity in a best case scenario that has to be added to the price of the SS/SC. If you really want to get rid of it 2 weeks after buying it you're probably better off selling it outright in a local ad or on ebay rather than trading it.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 PM

Ouch.
you kinda screwed the pooch there buddy.
I say mod up your 2.4l, enjoy driving it while you pay it off as fast as possible. Then you can trade up later.
hell by then you can trade in for a Camaro SS
Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Ouch.
you kinda screwed the pooch there buddy.
I say mod up your 2.4l, enjoy driving it while you pay it off as fast as possible. Then you can trade up later.
hell by then you can trade in for a Camaro SS
TRUE! i would love the camaro SS, that is nasty. but what i meant was like get a SC with more miles on it. cause i did get mine 2K under the blue book value. im going to print it out and take it into the place. I would only do the switch if its going to be an even trade. mine is a 06 so maybe go to an 05 SC with some more mileage? ill have to see whats out there

Originally Posted by Witt
In my area the SS/NA books for on a trade around 12-13K with options, automatic and your mileage. The dealer will try to buy it off you for less no doubt so actually getting that much for it will be fun. Thats about 4k dollars negative equity in a best case scenario that has to be added to the price of the SS/SC. If you really want to get rid of it 2 weeks after buying it you're probably better off selling it outright in a local ad or on ebay rather than trading it.
No i wouldnt want to sell it, i love my cobalt. i would just want a faster SC one, cause with the stage up grades its alot more simple and more parts out there. and i mean the kbb dealer sale value is at the 18,000 so what i was going to do is find something they are already trying to sell around the 18,000 value. or maybe 15-16.. yea

Last edited by fbaero10; 05-07-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 PM

You could go turbo for a lot less. There are a couple of members on this board working on tuning solutions right now.

Your car has a lot of potential. Don't write it off so easily. Wouldn't you feel stupid if you got way upside down on a ss/sc with stage 2/3 only to be blown away by a 300+whp turbo'd 2.4 that the owner invested much less into?

I would talk to LewiSS and CelicaCobalt before you come to a decision.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM

yea i know i did talk to celicacobalt and everything. i wanna get a turbo, but around here 3,500 for a kit. tunning is rediculous. i mean it would cost me 5 grand just to get the dang thing in there lol plus replacing stock parts so my engine doesnt spin apart.. im just stuck. i mean with my integra it was soooo simple lol
Old 05-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by sushidog
You could go turbo for a lot less. There are a couple of members on this board working on tuning solutions right now.

Your car has a lot of potential. Don't write it off so easily. Wouldn't you feel stupid if you got way upside down on a ss/sc with stage 2/3 only to be blown away by a 300+whp turbo'd 2.4 that the owner invested much less into?

I would talk to LewiSS and CelicaCobalt before you come to a decision.
Yeah but a super awesome turboed 2.4l won't come with a nice fat GM warranty to cover his ass when he blows a piston through block.
Granted I would like to turbo my 2.4l someday. I'm not in any particular hurry. I'll wait till the kits are on the cars, the tuning is out there, and nobody has blown themselves to **** before I jump on the bandwagon.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah but a super awesome turboed 2.4l won't come with a nice fat GM warranty to cover his ass when he blows a piston through block.
Granted I would like to turbo my 2.4l someday. I'm not in any particular hurry. I'll wait till the kits are on the cars, the tuning is out there, and nobody has blown themselves to **** before I jump on the bandwagon.
EXACTLY! YOUR GETTING REP MY MAN! lol. see i could get the stage 1-5 i believe is out there 5 or 6. and my warranty will still be intact, i mean i have seen several threads here about engines puking up rods and just blowing up... im not to fond of that when i will have payments on this best for 6 years
Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Your warranry only stays intack if you get the GM stage 1-2 kits, anything else done by someone outside of GM, like TAG, Intense, or just swapping smaller pully's and injectors and having a buddy tune it will void the warranty.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:31 PM

well yea, thats why i would just do what i could to keep the waranty. because i got my car at bob fisher, i get it serviced every 3K and its lifetime warranty on all engine parts and everything, so thats why i would want to keep it inside waranty, if not ill just say f it and put a turbo on the 2.4L so im stuck in the mud.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:40 PM

sell yours and buy a ss/sc there plently out there for 16 17 grand
Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

that is what im thinking, im going to go out and look around. Wednesday ill be out on the road all day looking for one
Old 05-07-2007, 05:12 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Tuning is the only thing holding me back right now. As soon as someone comes up with a turn key tuning solution for the 2.4 I'm down for a turbo too.

As far as warranty goes on a blown piston, cracked driveshaft, fried clutch, etc. on a stage 2 (GM installed or not), if they can prove you were racing, even with a stock engine (low mileage yet bald tires, pictures of you at the track, etc.) they could still void your warranty at the dealers discretion. It all depends on the dealer; but I know what you're saying, at least you've got a decent shot at getting her warrantied.

I sort of think of the warranty on your car with GM performance parts is like having a condom with a hole in it - you feel protected but...

I really don't understand how they can sell you a racing part with a warranty and deny your claim if you actually race. It seems like a catch 22 to me.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by sushidog
I really don't understand how they can sell you a racing part with a warranty and deny your claim if you actually race. It seems like a catch 22 to me.
yea for real, i know what you mean. but any ways guys as of right now i contacted the local dealer i found a 06 yellow SS/SC (just like mine but mine is NA) and its listed for 17,995. it has 9,000 miles on it, mine has 8,000 and is an N/A... Since I work with Penske they are going to pull up what they got the SC for as a trade in and, give it to me for 1% more. she said it would prolly be 14K plus 1 percent. which is 15ish. so she thinks it will be an even trade. I set up an appointment for wed at 1:30pm eastern.

It might actually be an even trade just because I work at PENSKE!! (because Penske is partially owned by GE, like 100s of other companys, which entiles me huge discounts on chevy and ford)
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Dude just listen to the radio i hear all kinds of good crap.. I head in plant city Florida you could take your car there and they would PAY it off PLUS put down 5K on your new ride.... tell me how you could lose there? There cars might be marked up a little but i heard a 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc for 26k so once they put down the first 5k leaving you at 21 with some change that isn't to bad of a deal.. I was thinking about going there to trade myn for a Black or Blue cause of all the red ones where i live.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Red07SS
Dude just listen to the radio i hear all kinds of good crap.. I head in plant city Florida you could take your car there and they would PAY it off PLUS put down 5K on your new ride.... tell me how you could lose there? There cars might be marked up a little but i heard a 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc for 26k so once they put down the first 5k leaving you at 21 with some change that isn't to bad of a deal.. I was thinking about going there to trade myn for a Black or Blue cause of all the red ones where i live.
the only problem with that lol is because i am in PA. i mean there are places kinda like that, but not really lol. im gonna go to my apt. and see what this fine young lady can do for me

**bump**

Last edited by fbaero10; 05-07-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM

I know the feeling. I bought an Auto 06 SS/NA and got the manual sc bug after reading this site and was thinking about doing a swap knowing i'd lose money, however i only paid $13,500 b4 tax and fees. I think in a year or two i'll save up some money and go for the SC. It's not a good idea when you're so upside down on a vehicle.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:55 PM

I just want the supercharger to be honest. im tired of people going dude your car is sick, supercharged right.. im like no .. then they look at like you like... oh...

**bizzump**

Last edited by fbaero10; 05-07-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Red07SS
So if he owed $20k on his SS/NA they'd not only pay if off in full but give him $5 grand on top of that? So they'd pay more then the car cost to buy brand new? That makes no sence! You must have missed a catch someplace cause dealers are there to make money not give it away.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by fbaero10
I just want the supercharger to be honest. im tired of people going dude your car is sick, supercharged right.. im like no .. then they look at like you like... oh...
And you've had this car for TWO WEEKS? What's going to happen if you get the SC? In two weeks are you going to want to trade it for an EVO?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
And you've had this car for TWO WEEKS? What's going to happen if you get the SC? In two weeks are you going to want to trade it for an EVO?
haha no, i love the cobalt. i just want something better and faster. and its easier to make a SC faster. because there are 3 times as many parts for the SC than the N/A like i stated before

Originally Posted by Jackalope
So if he owed $20k on his SS/NA they'd not only pay if off in full but give him $5 grand on top of that? So they'd pay more then the car cost to buy brand new? That makes no sence! You must have missed a catch someplace cause dealers are there to make money not give it away.
I have heard that before. its like this.. ok so I owe 16 grand on my car.. over the 6 year loan i will actually have to pay 23-25K. so the trick they have is, they will pay off my loan, and give my 5K towards a car they have on their lot. usually on the lot its over priced by 2-3K so they really are only giving you 2 K for your next car.. From them.. so they make a little money there. but the HUGE catch is.. you have to get a loan through them. so over the 6 years... they are making and additional 5K off of you...

Did that help?

Last edited by fbaero10; 05-08-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost