General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

How much does an SS Front Bumper cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much does an SS Front Bumper cost?

I have a 2006 Cobalt LS. Im interested in getting an SS Front bumper so that i can have fog lights as well as a better looking front. Currently, my LS Front bumper has two cracks in it and im trying to see if it would be cheaper to just change the bumper with an SS Front Bumper rather then paying to get my LS Front Bumper Fixed at a body shop. Does anyone know how much an SS Front Bumper would cost? If so, where can i order one for cheaper then what the dealer would charge?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
I have a 2006 Cobalt LS. Im interested in getting an SS Front bumper so that i can have fog lights as well as a better looking front. Currently, my LS Front bumper has two cracks in it and im trying to see if it would be cheaper to just change the bumper with an SS Front Bumper rather then paying to get my LS Front Bumper Fixed at a body shop. Does anyone know how much an SS Front Bumper would cost? If so, where can i order one for cheaper then what the dealer would charge?
go to a bodyshop, and have them quote the repairs, then have them look up the cost of an SS bumper, they'd hook you up with a fairly low price
Old 08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Doc

I'll sell you a ss bumper and lip for $550 shipped.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless you get it used you won't find one cheaper then the dealer charges. The fascia box is oversize so shipping it gets to be a little expensive too. Most have found it's cheaper to buy one from the dealer -- no freight, just tax.

Also need to decide if you want the SS/NA or SS/SC(TC) fascia - the SS/SC(TC) fascia has the slits cut for the front SS/SC(TC) lip. The SS/NA doesn't have slits cut but they are marked -- cost less then the SS/SC(TC) fascia. Dealer trade is >$200 for the SS/NA and >$250 for the SS/SC(TC) -- plus you'll need the lip and clips/attaching hardware -- another $100+

Then, of course, you'll need paint........
Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM

crate engine depot has them. they sell for 330 or something like that
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM

thanks to you all for your input. appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Red07SSNA
Unless you get it used you won't find one cheaper then the dealer charges. The fascia box is oversize so shipping it gets to be a little expensive too. Most have found it's cheaper to buy one from the dealer -- no freight, just tax.

Also need to decide if you want the SS/NA or SS/SC(TC) fascia - the SS/SC(TC) fascia has the slits cut for the front SS/SC(TC) lip. The SS/NA doesn't have slits cut but they are marked -- cost less then the SS/SC(TC) fascia. Dealer trade is >$200 for the SS/NA and >$250 for the SS/SC(TC) -- plus you'll need the lip and clips/attaching hardware -- another $100+

Then, of course, you'll need paint........
so your saying, both bumpers have the fog light slots, but, one bumper is ready for a front lip to be put on, and the other one does not have these slits for the front lip but has markings for it? pics would help me understand this better.

Last edited by dvsxlt247; 08-09-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks to you all for your input. appreciate it.

so your saying, both bumpers have the fog light slots, but, one bumper is ready for a front lip to be put on, and the other one does not have these slits for the front lip but has markings for it? pics would help me understand this better.
^^^What you wrote is correct. Both have the same grille opening and fog lights. Difference is the slots for the SS/SC(TC) lip -- SS/NA does not have the lip. You will also need 2 brackets -- look for a post by halfcent on the SS fascia install on his LS.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...fascia+install

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appearance-48/coupe-facia-compatiblity-5899/

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-guide-43/front-facia-removal-replacement-107293/

Read through all of the threads to find info and part numbers..........