General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

I have Road rage...What do I do

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Road rage...What do I do

I have only raced a few times and basicly with friends. I pretty much drive the speed limit and never drive reckless. But for some reason my Cobalt is a ******* magnet. 95% aimed at ricer punks. I am doing 40 in a 40mph zone in a 3 lane road leading to a split into two routes. So I am driving on cruise exactly the speed limit and I see a 02 honda accord with a huge Fart can on the back. And I dont mean a 4 inch tip i mean like a 5-6 Inch ending. The thing was huge and i could hear it from 8 cars back. I diddent even Take my car of cruise and it just so happend the traffic shifts and he got stuck in back of a turning truck. So Again with cruise still on I drive by and amediatly after I pass he Takes off after me. 5 seconds later I look in my rearview mirror and see this idiot weaving in and out of traffic nearly causing 3 accidents just so he could pass me. So Keep in mind my car was still set at like 35mph on cruise. He shoots passed me about 50mph and gains about 20 car lenghths on me and im like yah yah. So hes completely gone for the time being. Ok so the 3 lane 30phn zone splits into 2 Routes. So Its about a 1/8 mile before the split and Hes stuck in the wrong lane again at a dead stop and I Drive by at again 35mph merging onto the route. Now once U get onto this route the 2 lanes merge into 1 about half a mile up a steep road. I look in my mirror again and hes flying up the road trying to get by me and Im like whats he doing?! the lanes about to merge in like 2 seconds! There was clearly no room and I still dont know how he diddent hit me i guess it was just luck but he cuts between the merging line and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting him and almost lost control of the wheel. My hearts pumping like crazy and all I could think was just rage as Now im looking at this accord and the beaty little eyes I could see in his rear mirror. I followed him to his stop and began my Rage as a Taunted him how his cars a peice of **** and to stop trying to race a automatic honda accord and cause accidents. F, you went back and forth and then I said what are you going to do about it? Punk clearly was shook up and diddent want some so I ragged on his car more and told him to take the fart can off his car humiliating him. I dont know why I get this rage on the road i guess its becuase I have got hit twice now and my car has lost so much in value. That and I am just tierd of these idiots.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:03 AM

You deserved to get mad at that asshat he almost killed you and your car.
I don't think you have a road rage problem, you just got upset and yelled at him at least you didn't get out rip him out and beat the crap out of him.
I would just be careful because you never know what phyco with a gun and an itchy finger you might yell at.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:06 AM

i have the same problems lol.. i get REALLY mad at ********
Old 09-14-2006, 07:41 AM

Wow! You have some great restraint! I'd love to get one of those devices that cops have which sends a high voltage discharge to completely immobilize the car. Fry everything!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 AM

Thats not Road Rage, you expressed a lot of self restraint by not kicking his ass (and a lot of ***** to confront him cuz yea, he could have been armed). Road rage would have been running his ass of the raod like he deserved which i am more then sure i probably would have done, I have no restraint, i blame TV.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats not road rage thats you calling a moron out and telling him hes a moron! If it were me I would have gotten out of my car and kicked his as hard as I could right in the drivers door while screaming and callong him every name I could think of. How do I know thats what I would have done? Because I've done it before! LOL!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 AM

Does not sound like road rage to me, you probaly did the guy a favor and saved him from RICE embarrasment for years to come
Old 09-14-2006, 08:49 AM

i think everyone gets mad at ppl who are dumb...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 AM

so many idiots

there are so many idiots out there and it is soooo frustrating.... It's horrible when they put everyone around them in danger and cut people off. I try to remain calm... I look at it as, one day they will off themselves w/ their crappy driving technique, I just hope they don't take some innocent bystander out w/ them.

I try to ignore the idiots and just let them go!

use the "in w/ the good, out w/ the bad" breathing technique
Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot
there are so many idiots out there and it is soooo frustrating.... It's horrible when they put everyone around them in danger and cut people off. I try to remain calm... I look at it as, one day they will off themselves w/ their crappy driving technique, I just hope they don't take some innocent bystander out w/ them.

I try to ignore the idiots and just let them go!

use the "in w/ the good, out w/ the bad" breathing technique

That's one breathing technique. I swear loudly, then breath in really deep, then repeat.