General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

I rear ended a truck....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rear ended a truck....

Well today on my way to work I was driving down route 57 in agawam, mass towards springfield.for those of you not familare with the area they are doing construction so it was a one lane highway. I was behind this truck just crusing 50ish since it was a work zone (that was the speed limit). When this car decided to try to "yeild" on to one lane highway.

The truck infront of me slamed on the breaks. the car that was giong to yeild slamed on there brakes so they slide and they were both next to each other dead stoped when i had to slmae on my brake and skidded about 40+ feet and wacked the back of the truck.

we pulled over and the trucks rear bumpe was bent down and crooked. i bent the trail hitch up and dended the liscene plate in.

the car trying to yeild pulled over as well even tho there was no damage on her car. ( cuz she knew it was her fault causing it all )

then on my car surprisngly i only had a few more paint stresses where the paint peeled off. THAT IS All. I seriously though after hitting the truck at like 35mph skid and such a loud bang that my car would of been totaled but it was perfectly fine for the most part ..

the guy in the truck got out and said not to worry about it and that he was ok. which was my main concern cuz i thought he would of been holding his neck like the rest of american scumbags would do.

and sicne this is near a construction zone a state trooper walked over and yelled at the person who didnt know how to yeild. lol.

so all in all. the truck guy and myself both left with out anything on our insurnce and the girl got yelled at by the state cop.

I love my cobalt and i think its hella safe if you ask me.

just my story of the day.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 PM

no tickets were written?!?!?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
no tickets were written?!?!?
nope. he just yelled at her and then we were all on our way. I was just happy nobody was hurt and my car was still in one peice.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who was deemed at fault
Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by sethallen
who was deemed at fault
it isnt on anybodys insurnce. I didnt exchange any information because both the guy i hit and myself didnt want to since it wasnt that bad. But if we were too i would assume the one who tried to yeild since she got yelled at by the cop. pretty harshly too. lol. and also she pulled over also even though her car wasnt hit or damaged at all but rather cuz it was her fault.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

who was deemed at fault
uh, I think he said the chick that was yielding
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt30
it isnt on anybodys insurnce. I didnt exchange any information because both the guy i hit and myself didnt want to since it wasnt that bad. But if we were too i would assume the one who tried to yeild since she got yelled at by the cop. pretty harshly too. lol. and also she pulled over also even though her car wasnt hit or damaged at all but rather cuz it was her fault.

It would be considered your fault. You were the one who hit the truck, no matter what, you should have enough room between your self and the vehicle infront of you to stop before hitting them.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont understand why the cop would not have made a report.... he definetily should have. So no one is going to make a claim on their insurance?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by n8dogg
It would be considered your fault. You were the one who hit the truck, no matter what, you should have enough room between your self and the vehicle infront of you to stop before hitting them.
and failing to yeild to cause the whole incident would be considered???
Old 08-10-2006, 06:21 PM

i dont understand why the cop would not have made a report.... he definetily should have. So no one is going to make a claim on their insurance?
no claims. no information exchanged. we agreed on it being best not to. im not complaining.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt30
and failing to yeild to cause the whole incident would be considered???
sorry to say but like n8dogg said, he is right. no matter what other people do that arent involved in the "accident" it is considered still your fault. you should of had enough room to stop and her being the moron she was didnt have control of you not being able to stop. lets just say your lucky for not getting a ticket bro. cuz i know state troopers are complete ****** and you got off on his good side.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:30 PM

it is NOT always the person that rear ends someone who is at fault. we have rubberized asphalt on most of our freeways here in phoenix now and if you have ever tried to slam your brakes on that stuff you know your ability to stop is cut in half. In such situations space only plays a factor and is no longer considered the end all with modern insurance companies.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:30 PM

Dude.. Get your car looked at and I hope you got insurance info from the stupid driver.
Get that **** fixed.. if it was enough to cause paint to crinkle under the chassi that means your unibody frame could be torqued.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Dude.. Get your car looked at and I hope you got insurance info from the stupid driver.
Get that **** fixed.. if it was enough to cause paint to crinkle under the chassi that means your unibody frame could be torqued.

I have been having paint troubles since i got my ss front bumper put on. the paint is complete ****. It has a few paint flakes off it allready so its not like i was surpised the paint chipped.

also the roas was "grooved" so when you try stopping on that it doesnt work that well at all. damn construction. If it was a fine road i know i would of stoped in time so i dont regreg anything.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
If there was chassis damage, there would at least need to be a dent in the bumper!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by mi6_
If there was chassis damage, there would at least need to be a dent in the bumper!
no dent. not even a crack
Old 08-10-2006, 07:14 PM

Ahh ok flaked paint on the bumper.. nvm..

I misunderstood.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by mi6_
I would have to disagree. The plastic on most modern cars will buckle and pop right back into place. However, there can still be damage behind it. This just happened to my dad's Honda CRV, a scratch on the front bumper from being backed into, but $900 of damage underneath.

At least get your car looked at.