General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Iam starting to get angry now....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iam starting to get angry now....

Ok so I got some extra money from work and decided to get stage 2. Great!! Well not so great. I call my dealership and they inform me they are unable to do the install! WTF!! Fine i will go elsewhere (there are a ton of dealers around me) Call 2 others no one bothers to answer my question. So now I am mad. So i call chevy customer service. They told me that a certain guy would call from one of the dealers to help me out (he never does) So i took matters into my own hands and started calling places. FINALLY I got a service manager at one and hes like yeah no prob ive done a bunch before! NICE!! So im talking with him and he informs me that this will void my warranty!! I say listen no it doesn't this is why i am buying this kit!! He says hes gonna talk to his rep in the AM and get back to me about the warranty. OK NOT DONE!! So IM FURIOUS after getting of the phone...call customer service and they tell me that the installation will not outright void my warranty, but if they find that if a part is broken due to the installation of the aftermarket GM part it can void the warranty. SO NOW I AM VERY ANGRY!!!!! I need something here people that's going to help me, like in writing because I cant just go on word of mouth because apparantly that isnt good enough! I told the woman i spoke to at chevy that this is not the case, that I am getting this GMPP installed by GM so that NOTHING is voided..guys/gals what do I do????? sorry about the long paragraphs
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
long story short, this has been covered many, many times. anything can and will void your warrenty depending on the dealer. all they have to do is blame the part. in all honesty, regardless of what people say if you're that worried about your warrenty keep it stock. as far as the people not getting back to you, that sucks, and is typical. that's why i never go through the dealer for anything.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM

contact Tom at CrateEngineDepot (vendor based out of a chev dealership in Arlington Heights, IL). They sell and install stage 2 kits all the time from what I hear, he should be able to help you out.

my guess is that the people are to stupid to do the install and don't want to **** things up. I may not have a lsj, but I have enough friends with them that have had stage 2 installs. they don't have warranty issues
Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

yeah they are retarded. there are plenty of long island new york guys who have had this work done before...even done at my dealership who said they couldnt do it!!!(talked to 2 people) What frustrates me the most is you could have ordered your car with the stage 2 kit from factory right?...what the hell is the difference?? so than your warranty was voided from the day you got the car cause of an aftermarket part??
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
long story short, this has been covered many, many times. anything can and will void your warrenty depending on the dealer. all they have to do is blame the part. in all honesty, regardless of what people say if you're that worried about your warrenty keep it stock. as far as the people not getting back to you, that sucks, and is typical. that's why i never go through the dealer for anything.
x2. Dealers are so flakey depending on where you go. Youve got a great warrenty being an 07 so Id keep it stock or go somewhere that will put it in writting for yah if you can find that.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SSRedSC
x2. Dealers are so flakey depending on where you go. Youve got a great warrenty being an 07 so Id keep it stock or go somewhere that will put it in writting for yah if you can find that.
i like my 100k warranty lol which is why i wanted to go GMPP...we will see what happens next cause they are going to call me back (customer service) after speaking with the guy who is said he could do the install (i told customer service to get prices too)...if i dont get anywhere...to the manager!!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't order the car already with the stage 2.

Most dealerships, like the one I work at, wouldn't do it because of some of the hassle that might go on after the install. They hear a lot of people breaking axles and burning clutches up AFTERwards. Then most people want it repaired under warranty. That's just an example of just a couple of things that could happen.

It's hard to warranty axles after a stage 2 install. And it's almost impossible to warranty a clutch.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:26 PM

ugh...it is just soo frustrating because there are plenty of people who have had no problems with this...be it the warranty of the vehicle or even just the damn install...oh and thanks for the responses guys...it is calming me down
Old 03-11-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
nooo it's made from GM.. anything gm makes for your car will not void your warranty as long as you have them install it otherwise the dealership doesnt know what theyre talkin about .. the only thing they wont warranty is stage 3