General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Just bought an SS/SC.... need help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
what year is your car? if its 05 you dont need the expensive harness to retain your warning chimes. 06+ you do need the expensive harness/module to retain your warning chimes because its played through the speakers in 06+. either one will work with the factory sub, either harness still sends the signals to the factory amp and it all works as it should.

if your going to have someone else install the deck i would go see them to start with. not all stereo shops will install stuff you bring in, and they often do deals when you buy from them and have them installed.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:34 AM
cHz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sharkey
what year is your car? if its 05 you dont need the expensive harness to retain your warning chimes. 06+ you do need the expensive harness/module to retain your warning chimes because its played through the speakers in 06+. either one will work with the factory sub, either harness still sends the signals to the factory amp and it all works as it should.

if your going to have someone else install the deck i would go see them to start with. not all stereo shops will install stuff you bring in, and they often do deals when you buy from them and have them installed.
Mine is an 06

https://www.crutchfield.com/car/solu...&mode=ShopPath

There's the 2 install kits crutchfield suggests buying... both are the same but one includes the steering wheel controls adapter

But if you scroll down it shows what features each kit retains and both say "Subwoofer not supported by install package"

There's a local place that does car stereo installations but they're pretty pricey but pretty sure they do good work....

If I was to take my car to a place to get it a double-din touchscreen receiver installed and wires to the amp/sub and everything how much should installation cost? Or how much would the average price be?
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 PM
cHz

Another issue lol....

Was driving today with the AC on it was working fine.... I didn't turn it off and then I shut the car off.... started the car back up and it wasn't blowing

Turned the AC off then back on, still nothing...

Could it just be a blown fuse or is it something bigger?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM
cHz

Ok so this is really weird...

I parked my car overnight...

I just came out just now and started it and turned the AC on and it's blowing perfectly fine....

What's going on lol
Old 05-20-2017, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cHz
Another issue lol....

Was driving today with the AC on it was working fine.... I didn't turn it off and then I shut the car off.... started the car back up and it wasn't blowing

Turned the AC off then back on, still nothing...

Could it just be a blown fuse or is it something bigger?
I was letting my mom try my car out and she stalled it at a stop sign. The AC had been blowing cold up until that point. After restarting the car it will only blow hot air. Its the weirdest thing.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:45 PM
cHz

Got everything fixed

Sensen Loaded Struts and Coils - $550 parts and labor

Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator - $110 parts and labor

Car rides and sounds 100% better