General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Need a person that knows alot about Cobalt's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VibrantCOBALT
lol. wtf. how do u know how fast ur going haha
if you had an aeroforce interceptor you could see how fast you are going...

tbh. i don't want it to go like 140.. just like 120ish..

my 2.2 doesn't take forever to get to 100. i race a jetta last night but limiter kicked in at 110 :X
again why go that fast when you only trap mid 80s - low 90s in the 1/4 mile?

Last edited by sick06cobalt; 03-20-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sick06cobalt

Roll racing man! Its sooo cool and all the kidz are doin it!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:34 PM

^^ I LOL'd
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM

yeah this is another one of those stupid threads talking about i wana go faster than a race car and hopefully not kill my self or another person in the process. then if you do happen to survive the accident you'll have this new life resolution to change and nver race again.

mabe thats what everone needs. a nice smack against a windshield going 100+mph. you people trying to do this are just being immature and retarded. you see this on the news and the internet everyday about people losing control and dying.

my brother was a passenger in a DUI accident. the driver of the SUV that hit the car he was in was a 14yr old kid who was going 90+mph while his father was drunk off his ass in the passenger seat and my brother ended up losing his left leg because of it. Thank god he lived. you should realy sit down and thik about what your doing before you do something that will endanger other people's lives. you might not care about your life but what are you going to do when that car with a mother and her two kids doesn't have time to chang lanes when your coming behind her doing 100+mph?! then you'll understand.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:17 AM

i have a 2.2 with the sports package and dam it hauls ass for me.. when i merge onto the freeway, i can get up to 100mph rather quickly.. though, i must admit at times, it does feel a bit sluggish at times..
Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 AM

stupid. (Not trying to pull an an0m, but once in a while someone needs to)

1. whats going 100 going to prove? nothing, except your ignorance, and stupidity. idc how "good" of a driver u are. u can't control ur car at that speed. let me rephrase that, YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT THAT SPEED. u hit a rock, pothole, etc... bam, dead. your really dumb for wanting to go even past 85 mph. whats the reason?

2. To answer your question sick06, its not for track obviously. she wants to fit in, and drive stupid and fast.

3. i'm not trying to be a dick n bash u or ur gf, but there is NO reason to go that fast. Go to Germany and drive the Audobahn n lets see how awesome it feels when cars rush by at 145 mph. Bet it scares the **** outta u.

people r just stupid. "Oh boy, lets go 120 mph merging on the highway, so I can't lose control and hit a minivan with 3 kids." think about this. ur driving with ur wife/husband and your kids. r u gonna speed? prolly not. while ur kids, n wife/husband aren't real, other peoples kids and wife/husband are, and you might kill them.

think before u act. thats like pointing a loaded gun at someone and saying "Oh don't worry the safety is on".

good one.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 AM

I really dont see the reason to go over 100 in the LS...auto none-the-less. Tom has taken my car to 100 and it took a little bit but yes it handled just fine..BUT..i would never do it myself. I personally have NEVER taken my car over 90mph. I have no need to. What is the point...its like saying "hey mr. cop..im over here!" LOL. You wont have TIME to check your radar for a cop at those speeds. The governor..you need to get tuned. but hey you cant do that until the test car [aka ME] gets tuned. I am probably going to have my governor erased/raised but hey, I WONT USE IT! I see no point in putting other people in danger on the road. I dont need to go 100mph to be "cool". I would much rather live thank you!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevyLSchik
I really dont see the reason to go over 100 in the LS...auto none-the-less. Tom has taken my car to 100 and it took a little bit but yes it handled just fine..BUT..i would never do it myself. I personally have NEVER taken my car over 90mph. I have no need to. What is the point...its like saying "hey mr. cop..im over here!" LOL. You wont have TIME to check your radar for a cop at those speeds. The governor..you need to get tuned. but hey you cant do that until the test car [aka ME] gets tuned. I am probably going to have my governor erased/raised but hey, I WONT USE IT! I see no point in putting other people in danger on the road. I dont need to go 100mph to be "cool". I would much rather live thank you!
u serious.. im constently doing 100mhp on 422. its nothing. the car is easy to handle :P
Old 03-21-2008, 09:33 AM

but heres the 100 million dollar question... WHY?? theres no reason for it when you only trap mid 80s to mid 90s (on the fastest 2.2
Maybe some people arent obsessed with going quick in a straight line.
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Its only good to 105 cause thats all the faster the car can SAFLY handle! The suspension, brakes, and tires are NOT rated for more and to try to push it faster witout building up said areas of the car is crazy and irresponcible as your only asking to get hurt, dead or hurt or kill others.
I agree about the brakes, when I was younger I used to peg out the speedo daily and the brakes would glow I was so hard on them. Suspension, mine personally was fine, coulda used a bit more stiffness when hitting dips and bumps but for doing 100 over train tracks twice a day it seemed to hold pretty well. Tires, I have Z rated 245's they are far from skinny and far from how fast I would be willing to take the car.
Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
First off if its an auto, its not fast enough to worry about having a limiter removed
What the **** are you talking about kid? Autos arent as quick as manuals but look at all real dragsters(8 sec or less) and they are all auto. I am an auto and I have never used 4th gear at WOT, my 3rd goes to the limiter.
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Not to mention messing with the speedo IS a FEDERAL OFFENCE! So thats a great idea! :
Not really, dont know where you got your info on that son but what you do with your car is your buisiness, it is illegal to drive it on the road in such a manner. By your logic wouldnt someone who is repairing a speedo(wether it be the cable or needle or what.

Refer to the reply to quote one.
Originally Posted by lil_kano
yeah this is another one of those stupid threads talking about i wana go faster than a race car and hopefully not kill my self or another person in the process. then if you do happen to survive the accident you'll have this new life resolution to change and nver race again.

mabe thats what everone needs. a nice smack against a windshield going 100+mph. you people trying to do this are just being immature and retarded. you see this on the news and the internet everyday about people losing control and dying.
Good for them, maybe this kid has access to a real race track, ever wonder about that? On certain days I have full access to Rockingham Speedway(if you watch nascar you should know it).
u serious.. im constently doing 100mhp on 422. its nothing. the car is easy to handle :P
Just be careful. I learned long ago speeding beyond your limits will result badly. My close friend Ryan was doing 110 in a Tiburon and lost control on a gentle curve common to us skreet racers, The car flipped 7 times, flew over a guardrail(did not touch the rail) and landed at the bottom of a 40 ft embankment. His girlfriend was flung from the car over 70 feet. He died on scene, my friend Jose(one of our crew) was the paramedic who pronounced him dead. His girlfriend is mentally deficient now, she has to have 24 hour care. Like I said, just be careful bro.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Just be careful. I learned long ago speeding beyond your limits will result badly. My close friend Ryan was doing 110 in a Tiburon and lost control on a gentle curve common to us skreet racers, The car flipped 7 times, flew over a guardrail(did not touch the rail) and landed at the bottom of a 40 ft embankment. His girlfriend was flung from the car over 70 feet. He died on scene, my friend Jose(one of our crew) was the paramedic who pronounced him dead. His girlfriend is mentally deficient now, she has to have 24 hour care. Like I said, just be careful bro.
i know bro. you know how it is, im 21 years old and i live for speed. Man, i remember my first day driving Quarter Midgets. I was scared shitless but after my 1st time, it was the greatest thing ever
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 PM

i didnt say it was hard to handle lol. i just said i wouldnt do it myself! Tom can do it all he wants in my car, it handles great at those speeds. but im not going to put OTHER people in danger cuz i wanted to be a speed-demon!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM

tbh. i don't want it to go like 140.. just like 120ish..

my 2.2 doesn't take forever to get to 100. i race a jetta last night but limiter kicked in at 110 :X
WOW it just hit me i think ive seen you in exeter a few times..

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
stupid. (Not trying to pull an an0m, but once in a while someone needs to)

1. whats going 100 going to prove? nothing, except your ignorance, and stupidity. idc how "good" of a driver u are. u can't control ur car at that speed. let me rephrase that, YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT THAT SPEED. u hit a rock, pothole, etc... bam, dead. your really dumb for wanting to go even past 85 mph. whats the reason?
good one.
LOL ARE YOU KIDDING?! hitting a pothole lol unless its 1 foot deep and 2 feet wide you wont even know you hit it.. the same for a rock.. hes not driving a street bike haha *******.. its only way he dies is if he hits a boulder or a crator.. not a rock or a pothole.. i LOL'd when i saw that lol.. some people need to turn in their keys

cobalt_driver.. i would have never guessed lol u have a 4 door sedan ls... ur just jealous because u cant hit 85 LOL

Last edited by fbaero10; 03-21-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2008, 08:37 PM

You wanna take the limiter off your girlfriend's car? Do you care about her life at all?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM

he is trying to kill her for insurance,
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fbaero10
WOW it just hit me i think ive seen you in exeter a few times..
its possible. i go to boyertown 3/7 days a week.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:01 PM

You buy a base model car and expect to go fast in it?

Stick to the speed limit.....cuz i do enough speeding for the both of us.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo06Sedan
You buy a base model car and expect to go fast in it?

Stick to the speed limit.....cuz i do enough speeding for the both of us.
eh, don't matter i just got it moved up to 143
Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 PM

How did this get accomplished?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:51 PM

How did this get accomplished?
X2.. if you cant tune a 2.2 and the GM sport PCM calibration only goes to 120ish TOP'S how could you get it set to 143? and why you would want to go 143 in a base is beyond me.. hope ya got life insurance.. or atleast really really high limit's on your auto insurance..
Old 03-23-2008, 12:50 AM

Have fun at 140 mph in a 2.2. I hope you're not doing those speeds on stock tires.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

You'll probably be a 2008 winner. I can see it now:

"A ******* from Pennsylvania thought it would be cool to disable the factory top speed limiter and reach speeds of over 140 mph in his base Chevy Cobalt...."
Old 03-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
X2.. if you cant tune a 2.2 and the GM sport PCM calibration only goes to 120ish TOP'S how could you get it set to 143? and why you would want to go 143 in a base is beyond me.. hope ya got life insurance.. or atleast really really high limit's on your auto insurance..
one of the kids i went to school with works at my chevy dealer. im trying to figureout if i can get different gages put on. He did a bunch of **** to tune my car.
as for going 143 on stock tires. any ******* with half a brain knows not to. i did 115 tops when i got the limiter moved. and don't plan on going higher or keep on doing that.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Banned

I have an SS/SC and ive only topped 115 semi-safely. But others are right, you cant control your surroundings at that speed. A deer could hop in front of you, or any other critter in the road much less a person and bye bye car. Just not safe. Dont endanger others... you can be dumb all you want.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rrutter81
I have an SS/SC and ive only topped 115 semi-safely. But others are right, you cant control your surroundings at that speed. A deer could hop in front of you, or any other critter in the road much less a person and bye bye car. Just not safe. Dont endanger others... you can be dumb all you want.
belive me. i know how to handle my ****. i learned to race my first car at 18 (98 Eclipse GSX) wich has alot more power then even an SS/SC
Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really, dont know where you got your info on that son but what you do with your car is your buisiness, it is illegal to drive it on the road in such a manner. By your logic wouldnt someone who is repairing a speedo(wether it be the cable or needle or what.
BBZZZZTTTTTT! Who ever told you that line of bull **** doesn't know what the **** they are talking about! You go ahead and mess with your odometer and then sell the car and see what happens if its ever found out! JAIL TIME! As for fixing the odomter there are procedures that MUST be followed! You have to take the car with the fucked up speedo to a certified shop to proove its fucked up, then THEY contact the local or state police in charge of vehicle safty for your area then the police come out and certify the original readings and log them into their books. They then take any odometer reading off the new one and thats recorded as well. Then both readings are stamped onto a metal plate thats rivited to the drivers side door jam.

Being a licenced, certified, bonded safty inspector for the state of MD and knowing the Federal law on this topic is where I got MY information from, how bout you?

Now as far as replacing a speedo cable or sensor now for that you don't have to have anything to worry about. BUT if you alter the odometer reading which is what was suggested then YES it most certainly IS a federal offence. Its on par with rolling the odometer back, its fraud.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 PM

dealer did it for a local guy with a 2.2L here.

Quick Reply: Need a person that knows alot about Cobalt's