General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Need a person that knows alot about Cobalt's

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackalope
BBZZZZTTTTTT! Who ever told you that line of bull **** doesn't know what the **** they are talking about! You go ahead and mess with your odometer and then sell the car and see what happens if its ever found out! JAIL TIME! As for fixing the odomter there are procedures that MUST be followed! You have to take the car with the fucked up speedo to a certified shop to proove its fucked up, then THEY contact the local or state police in charge of vehicle safty for your area then the police come out and certify the original readings and log them into their books. They then take any odometer reading off the new one and thats recorded as well. Then both readings are stamped onto a metal plate thats rivited to the drivers side door jam.

Being a licenced, certified, bonded safty inspector for the state of MD and knowing the Federal law on this topic is where I got MY information from, how bout you?

Now as far as replacing a speedo cable or sensor now for that you don't have to have anything to worry about. BUT if you alter the odometer reading which is what was suggested then YES it most certainly IS a federal offence. Its on par with rolling the odometer back, its fraud.
erm.. id hate to say this.. but u just got ****** OWNED!

good post

but another note. i blew up my 03 cavy and they put a new engine with less miles on it. i sold it to the dealership. is that fraud?

Last edited by VibrantCOBALT; 03-23-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-23-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by VibrantCOBALT

good post

but another note. i blew up my 03 cavy and they put a new engine with less miles on it. i sold it to the dealership. is that fraud?
nope but odometer tampering is a felony and isnt taken lightly... blowing a motor is your fault and will be in the vechile history cause it was a DEALER that put it in.. and im sorry but puttin in new gauges is pointless even if you had the dealer do it and it sound's like everything wasnt done 100% legit so good luck to ya... even having a limiter above 100 is point less.. the 2.2 jus plain isnt supposed to go that fast.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thedubsack85
nope but odometer tampering is a felony and isnt taken lightly... blowing a motor is your fault and will be in the vechile history cause it was a DEALER that put it in.. and im sorry but puttin in new gauges is pointless even if you had the dealer do it and it sound's like everything wasnt done 100% legit so good luck to ya... even having a limiter above 100 is point less.. the 2.2 jus plain isnt supposed to go that fast.
Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winna! Beat me to it and he's 110% correct!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
either is a 2.0. .2 ltrs smaller.. or a 1.6 civic.. point?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
BBZZZZTTTTTT! Who ever told you that line of bull **** doesn't know what the **** they are talking about! You go ahead and mess with your odometer and then sell the car and see what happens if its ever found out! JAIL TIME! As for fixing the odomter there are procedures that MUST be followed! You have to take the car with the fucked up speedo to a certified shop to proove its fucked up, then THEY contact the local or state police in charge of vehicle safty for your area then the police come out and certify the original readings and log them into their books. They then take any odometer reading off the new one and thats recorded as well. Then both readings are stamped onto a metal plate thats rivited to the drivers side door jam.

Being a licenced, certified, bonded safty inspector for the state of MD and knowing the Federal law on this topic is where I got MY information from, how bout you?

Now as far as replacing a speedo cable or sensor now for that you don't have to have anything to worry about. BUT if you alter the odometer reading which is what was suggested then YES it most certainly IS a federal offence. Its on par with rolling the odometer back, its fraud.
Odometer and speedometer are two different things. I did not say **** about messing with the odometer. Reading > You. Oh and my truck is on it's 3rd odometer and I have never had to stamp a plate anywhere on my truck. The odometer was not relevant to the post so why did you bring it up? Also you took my comment out of context, 1 I was refering to the bullshit speedo limiter, 2 I specificly said in YOUR POSESSION.

good post

I am passing you the stupid stick for such a stupid comment.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 PM

HAHA I have an even better comment.... If you would SEARCH there have been 1 billion and 1 threads about this topic.. please stop this arguement and lock it up!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 PM

:lockd: :Lockd: :Lockd:
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Odometer and speedometer are two different things. I did not say **** about messing with the odometer. Reading > You.

Where the hell do you think the odometer gets it's information from? Logic > You

I wish I could take my limiter off personally, because I have access to areas that I can take the car up to it's full potential and not get tickets.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM

Want to get it past 105? I suggest stickers. Lots of them.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by denlou
Where the hell do you think the odometer gets it's information from? Logic > You
No **** shirlock but I was strictly talking about removing the limiter. it does not have any affect on either reading. I still dont get why the hell people are bent on bringing up **** that is not relevant to the topic.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:13 PM

either is a 2.0. .2 ltrs smaller.. or a 1.6 civic.. point?
just WOW... the 2.0's suspension/brakes/gearing say's other wise.. seeing as i could trap at fuel cut in 3rd gear at 107+ in the quarter mile with stage 2 and only bolt on's.. and a 2.2 CANT trap anything above 90 in the 1/4 with every bolt on possible except a SC or turbo bolt on or NOS.. and seeing as how YOUR BANNED i guess you know everything.. and you want to bring up the 1.6 SOHC SEDAN civic that i could get to run a 16 FLAT at 88mph which is better than you could do with your 2.2 which has LESS weight and more power???.. did i ever take the honda above 100? sure once or twice jus to see how far it would go. but here's a catch i had R rated falken's on it.. and they improved every aspect of that car IE how it handles and brakes and the launching effort less.. went from 16.3 or 16.4 average to a 16 FLAT average with mad weight reduction and tires as the only mod.. have said it before will say it again.. you need to do RESEARCH before you open your mouth... basically make sure brain in is gear before mouth is....
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM

ibtl
Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 PM

HAHAHAHA he got banned!!!!! IBTL
Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM

**** yeah he did, you can't fix stupid, but you sure as **** can ban it
Old 03-24-2008, 06:33 PM

lol nice!!!

Thats sig material...

Last edited by sick06cobalt; 03-24-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2008, 06:37 PM

No **** shirlock but I was strictly talking about removing the limiter. it does not have any affect on either reading. I still dont get why the hell people are bent on bringing up **** that is not relevant to the topic.
I thought we've come to the conclusion that the only way to get the limiter off is to disconnect the speedometer?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM

Read, he had some kid reflash it with a GM Tech II scanner which leaves a stock speedo and od but lifted the limiter.

I begged and pleaded for the dealership to do that **** to me but they wouldnt.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
lol nice!!!

Thats sig material...
Thank you, I try

Read, he had some kid reflash it with a GM Tech II scanner which leaves a stock speedo and od but lifted the limiter.

I begged and pleaded for the dealership to do that **** to me but they wouldnt.
He is totally bullshitting everyone.

Unless that guy who flashed him wants jail time, it is so illegal it is retarded.

Last edited by steddy2112; 03-24-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
He is totally bullshitting everyone.

Unless that guy who flashed him wants jail time, it is so illegal it is retarded.
It isnt illegal, it is improbable, especially since it is against GM policy because they always go off stock tire capabilities(put shitty tires on, lower performance potential, save money). I never pegged the limiter til I got rid of the pos Conti-sports it came with, hell I never went over 80 til I got new tires. And yes I think you are correct that he is bullshitting us, he is banned for being retarded, that right there should tell his character.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM

It isnt illegal, it is improbable, especially since it is against GM policy because they always go off stock tire capabilities(put shitty tires on, lower performance potential, save money). I never pegged the limiter til I got rid of the pos Conti-sports it came with, hell I never went over 80 til I got new tires. And yes I think you are correct that he is bullshitting us, he is banned for being retarded, that right there should tell his character.
They have to call in, to get a preset and a special order number to recali your speedo.

They will only do it for certain tires AND sizes...there is only like 6 different sizes...I just inquired about it.

It is illegal to do it with the Tech II device without doing all that other bullshit first
Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 PM

one of the kids i went to school with works at my chevy dealer. im trying to figureout if i can get different gages put on. He did a bunch of **** to tune my car.
as for going 143 on stock tires. any ******* with half a brain knows not to. i did 115 tops when i got the limiter moved. and don't plan on going higher or keep on doing that.
I can tell you right now he didnt get it moved to 143. Hes lying and your naive Theres nothing in Tech2 to get that removed.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Fix it like Russia hit the engine and pcm with a hammer and soon it will all flow perfectly.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
They have to call in, to get a preset and a special order number to recali your speedo.

They will only do it for certain tires AND sizes...there is only like 6 different sizes...I just inquired about it.

It is illegal to do it with the Tech II device without doing all that other bullshit first
I know bro, I had my tires calibrated but they wouldnt let the dealership change my speedo limiter.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Odometer and speedometer are two different things. I did not say **** about messing with the odometer. Reading > You. Oh and my truck is on it's 3rd odometer and I have never had to stamp a plate anywhere on my truck. The odometer was not relevant to the post so why did you bring it up? Also you took my comment out of context, 1 I was refering to the bullshit speedo limiter, 2 I specificly said in YOUR POSESSION.

I am passing you the stupid stick for such a stupid comment.
IF HE DISABLES THE SPEEDOMETER THE ODOMETER GOES OFF TOO! Please stop posting as you have no idea what your talking about and prooved you have ZERO idea of how the speedometer and odometer are conected and by disabling the speedo you ALSO disable the odometer which is ODOMETER FRAUD! I didn't take anything out of context and again if you knew our cars had an electronic speedometer and odometer and how they are both driven off the same system you'd know shutting off the speedometer would also disable the odometer. That's why its relevent and why I brought it up. And why if you break the law should others be as foolish as you?

Would you like your "stupid stick" back now?

Originally Posted by denlou
Can you feel the burn? At least SOMEONE here KNOWS whats up besides me. Now according to the title of the thread he wanted someone who KNOWS about Cobalts, thats not you.

Last edited by Jackalope; 03-25-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Need a person that knows alot about Cobalt's