General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

new here and still waiting for my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy new here and still waiting for my car

bought the 2006 black cobalt ss supercharged fully loaded recaro and lsd... babied the thing got my first oil change at 800 miles... cause it was free lol and then at 944 miles i brought it to the track never once did i burn the tires in the car cause for one the tires are expensive and for two i was being real easy on it its my first new car and all.. i did a rolling start and at bout 6200 rpm i shifted into second and heard a harsh popping sound big loss of power still drove to the end of the track midway down abs light pops on and turns on slowing me down even more the trany start whining get my ticket i ran a 15.8 second time at 90.73 mph got out of the car and my trany fluid was everywhere called for tow to dealer the guy gets my car on the truck halfway and gets a phone call for bout 20 min i was already pissed off and then the winch on the tow truck breaks luckly no one was behind the car or it would have killed someone... i jumped threw the drivers side window rippin the ebrake he scratched the **** out the bottom of my bumpers and the car now sits at the dealership i used to work at with a 3.5 inch crack in the transmision they ordered me a new trany and cluch cause it blew the fluid all over the clutch .. they keep tellin me the transmision isnt manufactured yet thats y its been like almost 2 weeks! does anyone know what saab that this transmision came out of wouldnt mind reading up on it i hope this isnt a sign that the car wont handle the power it already has this is not a good experiance for me it really sux![SIZE=1]
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jees, that really sucks!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:06 AM

yea and my dealership still doesnt know where my transmision is just isnt fun im pretty upset with the way they handled it.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:10 AM

somebody else on here had tranny problems and he had to wait for weks, finally got someone higher up in GM to ok a swap out of a new vehicle on the lot into his ss s/c because the part was going to take months to get there or something. call GM...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:23 AM

i hope you didnt tell the dealer you were racing at the track with under 1000 miles on the car.... could cause complications
Old 10-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Well I have only had my car for a month now but its been at the dealer for the last 9 days already waiting on a part to fix the sunroof. Im told the part is on backorder with an eta of 10/15/05. So that means it will have sat at the dealer for 3 weeks waiting on a damn part to fix something on my brand new car. My car only had 650 miles on it when I brought it in. So Im definitly felling your pain man. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:45 AM

lol all the dealer nows is that i was takin off at a light... im pissed cause im drivin the vehicle that got me lookin at a new car 1995 gmc jimmy and i already fixed the internals of its trany and know the valve body seems to b bad i just have no luck these days
Old 10-07-2005, 01:03 AM

i want the lsd from your broke trans

they should be able to get a production line trans for it , but the gotta make a case for it , so they can get it
Old 10-08-2005, 01:06 PM

hahah u dont want the lsd from mine thats what blew apart this is what the tech said to me today when i picked up my car finally i got my car back and im pissed i wana b able to drive the thing like i wana drive it and not worry bout if the transmision is going to blow up on me or not again tech said the inside of the trans looked alot like a granade went off in there... lol as long as i have my car im set i think i fell in love with it
Old 10-08-2005, 04:33 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BeastlyTA
Well I have only had my car for a month now but its been at the dealer for the last 9 days already waiting on a part to fix the sunroof. Im told the part is on backorder with an eta of 10/15/05. So that means it will have sat at the dealer for 3 weeks waiting on a damn part to fix something on my brand new car. My car only had 650 miles on it when I brought it in. So Im definitly felling your pain man. Good luck.
What's wrong with your sunroof?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tityrous
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]bought the 2006 black cobalt ss supercharged fully loaded recaro and lsd... babied the thing got my first oil change at 800 miles... cause it was free lol and then at 944 miles i brought it to the track never once did i burn the tires in the car cause for one the tires are expensive and for two i was being real easy on it its my first new car and all.. i did a rolling start and at bout 6200 rpm i shifted into second and heard a harsh popping sound big loss of power still drove to the end of the track midway down abs light pops on and turns on slowing me down even more the trany start whining get my ticket i ran a 15.8 second time at 90.73 mph got out of the car and my trany fluid was everywhere called for tow to dealer the guy gets my car on the truck halfway and gets a phone call for bout 20 min i was already pissed off and then the winch on the tow truck breaks luckly no one was behind the car or it would have killed someone... i jumped threw the drivers side window rippin the ebrake he scratched the **** out the bottom of my bumpers and the car now sits at the dealership i used to work at
Wow dude that sucks, sorry to hear about that

The part about jumping through the window and rippin the e-brake though is pretty badass

Hope they can get everything fixed like new. With a new trans, clutch, and some body work, you should be good to go.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by MarcS
What's wrong with your sunroof?
The frame broke somehow and the part is on backorder.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:16 AM

Cool

haha my car is back running great im pumped took a while to get it back