General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

no wheel spin or wheel hop,

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no wheel spin or wheel hop,

I am just curious, sometimes i like to launch my car hard a lil bit but i never get wheel spin or wheels hop, i am on the stock pirellis and i got the LSD....i dont know if its the way i proceed to launch but enyway, i heard so much story in here about wheel spin and wheel hop in 1rts gear. i always release de clutch at around 1500 to 2000 rpm and then it reach around 2500 rpm and i punch it. right to the red line (not hitting the rev limiter just a side question. maybe my clutch is slipping a little bit but i doubt always hard acceleration.....how many miles per hours or kilometers per hours our cars go in 1rts gear.

if there is slipping in my clutch i will probably see it trough the speed i am going by the end of 1rts gear on a hard pull so anyone?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:37 AM

Unless you've got bubble gum tires you'll get wheel spin in this car, it has enough tourque. As for the slipping clutch... if you drop the clutch out at 1500 RPM's, mash on the gas, and don't move real quick, don't have tire spin, and the RPM's go up, then your clutch is slipping. Depending on conditions you can sometimes reproduce wheel spin or clutch slip by fully engaging the clutch doing about 5-10 mph, then (after its fully engaged) floor it. Especially in cooler temperatures (bellow 60 degrees Fahrenheit) that should be enough to cause wheel spin, try going around a turn as well if you can't reproduce in a straight line (even with the LSD a turn will generally help break tires free).
Old 07-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by DeathKroN
Unless you've got bubble gum tires you'll get wheel spin in this car, it has enough tourque. As for the slipping clutch... if you drop the clutch out at 1500 RPM's, mash on the gas, and don't move real quick, don't have tire spin, and the RPM's go up, then your clutch is slipping. Depending on conditions you can sometimes reproduce wheel spin or clutch slip by fully engaging the clutch doing about 5-10 mph, then (after its fully engaged) floor it. Especially in cooler temperatures (bellow 60 degrees Fahrenheit) that should be enough to cause wheel spin, try going around a turn as well if you can't reproduce in a straight line (even with the LSD a turn will generally help break tires free).
that is was i am saying. i am smashing the gaz around 2000, the car accelerate really damn fast. i dont see have any wheel spin and no wheel hop and IT STICK AND FLY. the thing i need to know is how fast can we go in first. maybe my clutch is slipping just enough to not giving my the torques or whatever it need to wheel hop.

if its the case, i will need a new clutch

Last edited by h0l0caust; 07-08-2007 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost