General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Operation Repo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operation Repo

Here's a brief explanation.

I sold my 2006 G85 SS/SC car last year to pay for my divorce and my move from UT to Iowa. The dealer there drove it for a few months and sold it to a middle-aged woman who bought it for her 17-yr-old son. He has been driving this for about a year, and it's still in Utah.

Some modifications I performed include:
Injen CAI
GMPP Stg 2
Corsa Touring exhaust
Ingall's TD
Progress Rear sway bar
Powerslot rotors/Hawk HPS pads
DC Sports strut tower bar
painted interior trim red
barely legal tint
custom badging, red vacuum lines

Options:
OnStar
XM
LSD
Recaro

I spoke with the kid about buying this back. He wants 15k PLUS the cost of repairs he made during the time he had the car: security system malfunction @ $260, and body panel replacement @ $1,000. I think this is a bit steep. So I'm at a crossroads...buy my car back, or find a suitable G85 Sunburst Orange SS/SC with XM/OnStar?

At any rate, I only make about 1k per month in my current job, not counting my Air National Guard drill pay. I have one son and a daughter on the way so I'm considering a RAPID career change to one of these two carriers:

I'm still trying to drive this kid's price down, he wants to sell it this fall so he can get a truck to haul his ATV's.

Do you think it would be worth it, considering the amount of money I put into parts? Or better off getting a sunburst orange SS/SC with few mods as a clean slate? No telling how much this kid abused my old SS/SC. Let me know what you think!