General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

To order or not????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To order or not????

Hitting a big dilemma on wether or not to just put my dang order in and get an SS/SC but not knowing what the deals will be when in comes in on like june 1 is getting to me. I was hoping to get the payments under 300 before i got one but time is running short and havin a hard time just shutting up and doing it. I know that right now with a gm card you can use like the extra points that the send ya till march 31 but i talked to this idiot salesman down here and told me that the deals that are out not are not applicable when the car arrives in may june since i did not actually buy the car till then which would obviously be a different set of sales. But as far as i know that i can get these deals that are out now as long as i order before the 31. Can anyone second that? Since the salesman i talked to is a complete idiot.

I was also told that the SS/SC will horribly depreciate much worse than my grand am GT did mostly cuz its a GM vechile and cuz its a stick and as far as i know that is correct can i get a second on that one too?

With all this being said im hopin that if i cant get the deals out now im hopin and prayin that the deals that are out when the car arrives to the dealer are better than now or atleast even and not worse so that i can get that payment where it needs to be. so hopin someone has some insight on they think the incentive stuff is for the next quarter or whatever. Even though im sure they cannot get worse.

Matt
Old 03-19-2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by 207GT04
Hitting a big dilemma on wether or not to just put my dang order in and get an SS/SC but not knowing what the deals will be when in comes in on like june 1 is getting to me. I was hoping to get the payments under 300 before i got one but time is running short and havin a hard time just shutting up and doing it. I know that right now with a gm card you can use like the extra points that the send ya till march 31 but i talked to this idiot salesman down here and told me that the deals that are out not are not applicable when the car arrives in may june since i did not actually buy the car till then which would obviously be a different set of sales. But as far as i know that i can get these deals that are out now as long as i order before the 31. Can anyone second that? Since the salesman i talked to is a complete idiot.

I was also told that the SS/SC will horribly depreciate much worse than my grand am GT did mostly cuz its a GM vechile and cuz its a stick and as far as i know that is correct can i get a second on that one too?

With all this being said im hopin that if i cant get the deals out now im hopin and prayin that the deals that are out when the car arrives to the dealer are better than now or atleast even and not worse so that i can get that payment where it needs to be. so hopin someone has some insight on they think the incentive stuff is for the next quarter or whatever. Even though im sure they cannot get worse.

Matt
Two things... first, you get whatever incentives are available when you sign for the sale. So if you order and don't actually sign for the car until it comes, then you get the incentives that are available then.

Second... about depriciation: I don't understand that statement. Your Grand Am GT was a GM vehicle too. It might depriciate faster than your Grand Am GT did, but both are GM vehichles, so that's no reason for a difference there. I don't know anything about how fast it will depriciate though or about what causes it to depriciate other than age and milage.

One more thing I just thought to mention... I hurried and bought my SS on February 28th so that I could get $1000 in incentives. Now that March is here... they are offering $1500. No one knows what incentives will be available (don't listen if someone tells you they know... not even GM employees know, TRUST ME). It's pretty much hit or miss. Usually they'll stay in the same ballpark.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 AM

yeah i drive quite a bit so that definitely didnt help me at all and it was just sayin the depreciation difference between a GM car thats an auto and a GM car thats a stick, cuz the manual should depreciate at a much quicker rate thats all. Here it is not and i cant get like any incentives or nuttin here. I can buy the thing at GMS cuz my dad works for a chevy dealer, but other than that nuttin cuz this GM Card crap didnt work for whatever dumb reason. so pretty much gunna have to wait and hold out and see what changes here at the end of the month cuz even so i dont think i can sign for the vechile if its not on the lot for me to buy so thanks and ill just have to chill on it till may june july so prolly june
Old 03-19-2006, 11:45 AM

Well if you're getting GMS, that's gonna help a lot. I used that with mine. You should get around the same incentives if you wait... they don't change drastically. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:52 AM

I was also told that the SS/SC will horribly depreciate much worse than my grand am GT did mostly cuz its a GM vechile and cuz its a stick
I find that statement assmusing. Wife had a Grand Am GT--the depreciation was awful.

Becaue its a stick? Performance cars wold hold onto value better then an auto version--if one was avavible on the S/C SS--and its not. So he loses that arguement right there.

I can see that being true if your talking a Camry 5 speed 4 cly VS an auto 4 cly. But not in a perormance car.

Hit or miss , like was said. YOu might be able to get a S/C SS cheaper off the lot but if you order you can get exactly the car you want. Whats more important to you.

Interesting times you got on your GAGT--I amtched your trap speed at over 4000 feet. Werid.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt

yea the salesman is telling the truth i have heard that from multiple dealers...to get the deals the car has to be on the lot...before the deals go off...or you dont get those deals...i ordered mine in september of last year and i had it in 3 weeks with a 1000 dollar rebate the came up right when i was signing the papers
Old 03-19-2006, 12:01 PM

Umm who worries about depreciation of a vehicle anymore.. Once you leave that lot you have lost money just face it.... if you like the car buy it... i would suggest however to wait until spring... more than likely GM will have a spring time sales event and you will get it a little cheaper....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
Umm who worries about depreciation of a vehicle anymore.. Once you leave that lot you have lost money just face it.... if you like the car buy it... i would suggest however to wait until spring... more than likely GM will have a spring time sales event and you will get it a little cheaper....
Either way imma be getting those spring time deals obviously cuz im waiting till like june to buy it anyway and i could always just get out shipped in from like tampa or orlando or something but worried about someone beating on it without my knowledge and all that cuz i wanna be other only one to beat on it to my knowledge But i will be getting spring deals of whatever they are even if i order one. And i worry about deprication cuz i want out of cars like every year cuz i get bored with em but then again i have had the pleasure of owning a manual and a car thats somewhat exotic and hard to buy like a rare car. but i figure if i put down like 7000 down then i should be alright with the deprication for atleast a year maybe two if i get lucky. i appreciate everyones input just gotta wait a couple months and see what up.

Matt