General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Raw Video. CObalt SS/SC destroyed in head on collison NC/SC border

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
someone now has no mommy........too sad!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry but what a stupid bitch how do you go 100 mph with a child in the car.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Wow, it's heartbreaking whenever someone dies in a car crash no matter how stupid. I guess we don't know if it was her kid since the news report didn't say. She flew across the road into oncoming traffic, that truck probably never saw it coming. Concrete barriers instead of a wire woulda saved the guy in the truck.

Plus ya know "kids" is just a matter of perspective.......
Old 08-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
wow thats terrible
Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 PM

I feel bad for the driver of the truck and the kid who doesnt have a mom now. tsk tsk, screw the woman driver doing 100mph and being so wreckless. Darwinism at its best my friends.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The kid and the other driver are both unwilling victims of a moron. I feel bad for them and the families, the stupid bitch driving got what she deserved.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:58 PM

The passenger in the truck didn't even know what was coming...I couldn't imagine cruising down the road and seeing a car flying at me and then my life being instantly over when I did nothing wrong...was just in a bad spot at a bad time...

**** that girl driving, I don't feel bad for her at all, but to leave a kid alone in the world....who even knows if the kid has a dad? **** that dumb bitch...how could you be so dumb???

And then there are two nice vehicles completely destroyed...all because of one girl that thought she and her car were invincible...one of those "it'll never happen to me" type of things...
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned

I can see one of that girl's family members being a member of this community. I can't imagine what they would be going through if they read all the big mouths that posted so callously on this thread.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:24 AM

^^ Agreed..! we dont know the circumstances of why this was happening, dont be so quick to judge..
Old 08-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by DrPuttsSS/SC
Yeah, that is really sad, man. I hope the young kids on this forum all see this video. Shows that airbags aren't always enough.

just young kids? not adults? thanks for profiling us just a little more!! im pretty sure they said the driver was an older woman... dont be soo prejudice
Old 08-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Speechless .
Old 08-24-2007, 01:50 AM

I just meant that young kids often have that feeling of invulnerability. Adults have seen more bad ones like this and already know it can happen to anyone.
And I know that adults do as many stupid things as kids. The woman in this wreck was an adult and probably the mother of that child, so sad.
I said earlier that I wish all the "kids" on this site could see this. Actually I know I shouldn't have said kids.
It just amazes me how every damn day someone brags here about hitting 120+ racing some other idiot on the street. I am hoping that those people, whatever their age, watch this and try to learn something from it.
Originally Posted by tkaugh29
just young kids? not adults? thanks for profiling us just a little more!! im pretty sure they said the driver was an older woman... dont be soo prejudice
You obviously missed the two other posts I'd written.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Banned

seriously, watching the vid and seeing them pictures it brings my stomach into knots.

I hate it when ****** someone else has to die because of one ******* person. I feel sorry for those people who were in that truck and for the child that was in the cobalt.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:21 AM

Pretty sad stuff, Regardless of the situation, making a dumb decision or just being plain stupid. Things like this happen everyday in different parts of the united states. Just look at it
as a learning experience, and remember this next time your late to work, or just want to see the your speedo hit 100mph
Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 AM

Damn, I hope it wasn't someone from on here. Who knows why she was doing 100mph, we can only hope that there was a valid reason for it. Maybe the throttle got stuck down, or her or her child were in a hurry to get to the hospital for other reasons. All I can say, is that I hope the lil one makes it through and that some of the youngins on here learn a thing or two from this.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to the families of all those involved.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

everyone that said because she had a passanger in the car made her stupid for going 100 is ******* retarded. it doesnt matter whether or not someone is in the car with you, the are other people on the road. the fact that you have a child or a friend in the car shouldnt decide how fast you go. it takes a slipt second to crash no matter how fast your going. everyone always feels like they're in control of their car and that they are a good driver but in reality it doesnt work that way. if your someone who usually speeds alone but is more careful when someones in the car, your a hypocritical moron. there are soo many factors that can lead to an accident; animals, blowout, other people, anything really and it doesnt matter how good of a driver you are if your excessively speeding someones gonna get hurt. i was doing 70 on the bypass when my tire blew out and luckily i was going any faster because i and my gf at the time wouldnt be here anymore. you all need to put away your egos and realize that life fragile and do you really want someone elses life in your hands? cause when your speeding you're endangering everyone else on the road. im not trying to pick any fights im merely saying that you need to realize that this could have been most of you and your families and the victims families are the ones that have to live with your destructive decisions
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jagerbombed52
everyone that said because she had a passanger in the car made her stupid for going 100 is ******* retarded. it doesnt matter whether or not someone is in the car with you, the are other people on the road. the fact that you have a child or a friend in the car shouldnt decide how fast you go. it takes a slipt second to crash no matter how fast your going. everyone always feels like they're in control of their car and that they are a good driver but in reality it doesnt work that way. if your someone who usually speeds alone but is more careful when someones in the car, your a hypocritical moron. there are soo many factors that can lead to an accident; animals, blowout, other people, anything really and it doesnt matter how good of a driver you are if your excessively speeding someones gonna get hurt. i was doing 70 on the bypass when my tire blew out and luckily i was going any faster because i and my gf at the time wouldnt be here anymore. you all need to put away your egos and realize that life fragile and do you really want someone elses life in your hands? cause when your speeding you're endangering everyone else on the road. im not trying to pick any fights im merely saying that you need to realize that this could have been most of you and your families and the victims families are the ones that have to live with your destructive decisions

I think you mistook what everyone said. No one is condoning speeding. They just were saying that for somone not to consider their child is just idiotic. Yes speeding can affect more then just the people in your vehicle but when you have a child in the car who has no control or anyway to avoid this situation you should consider this and drive more safe.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 AM

our motors are made so that if we are in a head on accident they fall out like that rather then getting crushed though the firewall..... basicly they are on hooks waiting to fall off in a head on accident so its better it can out rather then crushing into the car and maybe killing that kid too....... good idea on chevys part.... my friend worked at chevy and told me that this is the first time i saw it in acton though
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by LotekRider1
our motors are made so that if we are in a head on accident they fall out like that rather then getting crushed though the firewall..... basicly they are on hooks waiting to fall off in a head on accident so its better it can out rather then crushing into the car and maybe killing that kid too....... good idea on chevys part.... my friend worked at chevy and told me that this is the first time i saw it in acton though
I kinda figured that's what that was all about. Chevy does have some pretty good ideas sometimes.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:31 AM

This is just sad. Why do people feel it is necessary to drive 100 mph on a busy highway. Even if you are trying to merge it is just STUPID. My heart goes out to all the people involved.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 AM

wow, at first i thought it was about you, dang.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Banned

Damn thats some ****. Sad to see a balt owner go but its her fault for acting recklessly with her life and her kids.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
in the end she got hers, i still cant see validating going 100 with a kid in the car merging onto the highway, - if the throttle stuck shut the car off and gradually pull on the ebrake or press the brake and shift to neutral, - if shes going to the hospital thats why we have police and ambulances. and if it was stupidity - now theres one less stupid person in the world. feel bad for everyone else involved except her, weather theres a family member here on the board or not. may sound harsh but it is what it is imo
Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
that was really dumb on the woman drivers part, i tend to not drive like an a**hole with passengers inside the car because i am responsible for not only my life but theirs as well, but when im by myself i tend to be a little more daring.

sad though my thoughts and prayers go out to the families..
It should be noted that when you're going those kinds of speeds, you essentially have a 3400 pound bullet at your disposal. Sadly, all too often someone in another car is killed because someone is driving at break-neck speeds.

Driving crazy fast only when you're alone is not the solution either, on a public road, you should NEVER be driving that fast. Before you even know what's happening you could be crossing that median and... well, the rest you can see for yourself.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltVenomSS
Why would u drive like that with a child thats just stupid
Its JUST STUPID NO MATTER WHAT!

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
I completely agree and ask the same question. What the f**k was she doing driving at over 100mph with her kid in the back?? Now that kid has no mom for the rest of his/her life.

So so sad.
Very Sad people do dumb things without considering the consiquences.

Originally Posted by fballman1987
that was really dumb on the woman drivers part, i tend to not drive like an a**hole with passengers inside the car because i am responsible for not only my life but theirs as well, but when im by myself i tend to be a little more daring.

sad though my thoughts and prayers go out to the families..
So I guess you shouldn't be held resonsibile for other drivers on the road with you either?

Originally Posted by 07 SS/SC
100mph with a damn kid in the car!!!!!!!!! 100 mph without a kid in the car is dumb. Some people seize to amaze me. I feel bad for the kid and the others involved.
I feel Bad as anyone else, but just as equally angry someone would make such a stupid decision.

I said earlier that I wish all the "kids" on this site could see this. Actually I know I shouldn't have said kids.
It just amazes me how every damn day someone brags here about hitting 120+ racing some other idiot on the street. I am hoping that those people, whatever their age, watch this and try to learn something from it.
+rep

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
that sucks its too bad and anyone who says they want **** off that car makes me sick
Agreed

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
Im sorry but what a stupid bitch how do you go 100 mph with a child in the car.
Just as easily as anyone else on here without a kid in the car. Just cause they're not in the car doesnt mean youre not going to MEET someone.

Originally Posted by tkaugh29
Everyone can equally have a lack of judgement at anytime.

Originally Posted by SSKevinSC
This is just sad. Why do people feel it is necessary to drive 100 mph on a busy highway. Even if you are trying to merge it is just STUPID. My heart goes out to all the people involved.
Because too many people here and otherwise think they have something to prove or someplace to be.

Leave the speed at the track.

Quick Reply: Raw Video. CObalt SS/SC destroyed in head on collison NC/SC border