General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Raybestos

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raybestos

So I was in need of some brakes and after calling around locally to find out simple pricing I called checker and they had stock oem replacements (front) but i asked about anything better even just slightly than stock, they recommended Ceramic Raybestos brakes. I can't say i never heard of them cus I haven't researched all that much but I agreed to the purchase(60 bucks) and while this isn't much more than a product description I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with these brakes they are already bought and paid for and are going on in 2 days if anyone knows how long I should expect them to last or how good of quality they are lemme know, anything is better than stock I suppose but I am still curious.

http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/...isc+Brake+Pads
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OniMirage
So I was in need of some brakes and after calling around locally to find out simple pricing I called checker and they had stock oem replacements (front) but i asked about anything better even just slightly than stock, they recommended Ceramic Raybestos brakes. I can't say i never heard of them cus I haven't researched all that much but I agreed to the purchase(60 bucks) and while this isn't much more than a product description I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with these brakes they are already bought and paid for and are going on in 2 days if anyone knows how long I should expect them to last or how good of quality they are lemme know, anything is better than stock I suppose but I am still curious.

http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/...isc+Brake+Pads
Raybestos stuff is good...the drilled/slotted rotors on crate engine depot are made by them fyi. Honestly, if it's for a daily driver should be fine and ceramic tend to last longer than the stock carbon metallic pads and little to no dust.

The rotors (STS) I had from them were great but they didn't last a year but I do all city and have a lead foot so...