General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Is this right

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is this right

Does this sound right i thought the SS model was coming in November early December. I emailed my locally chevy dealership here in Kelowna BC Canada and this is the reply i got

hi there jordan,

we here at don folk , have ordered quite a few SS the first batch should arive between jan-feb of 2005. As to what they should be running for price, i'm not sure, gm sometime doesnt give us exactly what we ask for so your best bet is to come down here in mid january and see one for yourself.

thanks for your interest in don folk chevrolet.

from dana

is she an idiot or is she right
Old 11-24-2004, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by forsberg2110
Does this sound right i thought the SS model was coming in November early December. I emailed my locally chevy dealership here in Kelowna BC Canada and this is the reply i got

hi there jordan,

we here at don folk , have ordered quite a few SS the first batch should arive between jan-feb of 2005. As to what they should be running for price, i'm not sure, gm sometime doesnt give us exactly what we ask for so your best bet is to come down here in mid january and see one for yourself.

thanks for your interest in don folk chevrolet.

from dana

is she an idiot or is she right
Did you ask for an SS or an SS Supercharged?
I have an SS/SC on order now for about a month, but noone can tell me when it will get here. The dealership I ordered it through said Nov-Dec, others are saying up to July next year.
I think they are confusing the difference between the SS and the SS/SC.
GM does withhold alot of info, and generally only updates dealerships at the beginning of the month.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:30 PM

Yeah, i'm having the same problem, my price is $20,000 though with the GM discount (Grandpappy worked for them for awhile) and thats no options SS Supercharged. Any of the Lordstown guys or anybody else know any dates on delivery? I'd really like it asap because i'm out of a car right now and i'm hoping it here asap.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Premium Member

Hey I've dealt with/been to Don Folk Chevrolet before. The person who emailed you knows probably less then we do about when the cars will be delivered and what they will cost. The story on the front page news section lists MSRP as $24995 Canadian, and destination is $900. I believe sunroof is $995 as an option.

One of my old co-workers at Sullivan GM in northern BC told me they just had a product knowledge session on the Cobalt from GM. When I can get ahold of him again I'll let you guys know if there is anything new going on.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Premium Member

She is not an idiot. The SS s/c wont be here till Jan or so
Old 11-24-2004, 07:42 PM

Hey guys thanks for replying

this is the email i sent to don folk chevy dealership

Hello i was wondering when your dealership will be getting Cobalt SS
Supercharged...and what will be the sticker price thanks

i know for surely i asked for the SS S/C cause thats the one im going to buy....

Thats ok that it is coming out in January gives me a chance to save up even more for a down payment.....
Old 11-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by forsberg2110

i was wondering when ...and what will be the sticker price thanks
....took the time to build a fully loaded Supercharged SS in the GM database. The total with XM, OnStar, and side airbags came to $24,195. There is still no official word as of when the Supercharged SS will arrive at the dealers, but according to Gallucci, it is not expected before the 1st of the year.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/front-page-news-17/cobaltss-net-test-drives-cobalt-648/
Old 11-24-2004, 11:35 PM

yah thats the american price i live in canada so i guess i just convert the price over but thanks for all the enough...man i cant wait for this car i hope there is alot of mods for this car
Old 11-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

American prices don't convert over to Canadian prices in the automotive industry. It would be more expensive for us Canadians if they did. Look at my post above. Sticker price for an SS Supercharged with sunroof should be $26890 Canadian.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:06 PM

ok thanks yah i dont need sunroof even though i live near the only dessert in canada lol
Old 11-26-2004, 09:51 AM

The GMCanada.com website now allows you to build your own cobalt

you were close with the pricing, the moon roof is a 1100 option though, and its saying if you want side impact air bags you have to pay an extra 1200ish for on star
Old 11-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Premium Member

1100? my bad.

haha i didn't include side impact bags or onstar because i don't really need them, and I didn't think many people on here would get them either. OnStar has sweet features (especially personal calling) but I just don't want to dish out the extra dough to get it.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:54 PM

I wish they would let us get XM radio here though.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Premium Member

Yep. Damn you CRTC!

A lot of people have Sirius satellite radio where I'm from. It works well but is really big and takes a lot of dash space. Also very stealable and tempting to take I guess.