General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Some people are so dumb...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people are so dumb...

So I am active on a local forum and was reading a post about SRT4s and what you get for your money. So I chimed in and mentioned how cars like this are nice as I was shopping around the 30-35k range and decided to save some money and get an ss/sc. Then of course, some member decides to remark with this:

"lol...shopping around 30-35k and ended up in a cavalier?"

Is it just me, or are people really this retarded? Also, as an owner of both, I see ZERO similarities between cavaliers and cobalts....considering they are on a different platform, but of course, they could have learned that with only a tiny bit of research. I am soooo sick of that crap. Anyways, just venting.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 PM

that suks i hate people like that
Old 10-16-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny how our cars dont look like cavs, but srt4s, well.....
Old 10-16-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by distillion
lol great come back.

But seriously, ignorance is what thrives people. The people who are ignorant about other cars are the ones who say things like that. You can easily have a conversation with someone (for example, about turbochargers) and here them say things like "yeah, all I need is a turbo and a blow off valve and I'll be fast as **** man!"...you're just standing there looking at them but thinking "what the **** are you talking about?" lol. I've even had a kid tell me that on his SOHC motor that an underdrive pulley is going to give him "like 20 HP"...I'm thinking "uh huh...sure".

Just shake them haters off.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
"yeah, all I need is a turbo and a blow off valve and I'll be fast as **** man!"...you're just standing there looking at them but thinking "what the **** are you talking about?" lol.
That is friggin hilarious, cause I can actually visualize that happening. Some people are just so close-minded that nothing is as good as what they have. They have to be better than everyone else. Whatever.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 PM

my buddy made fun of me when he found out i was buying a cobalt ss/sc. his response "LOL a supercharged cavalier! way to go!"

... yeah he drives a mini cooper-s... and ill tell you, THAT is a big waste of $$$ i spank him every cruise
Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
lol great come back.

But seriously, ignorance is what thrives people. The people who are ignorant about other cars are the ones who say things like that. You can easily have a conversation with someone (for example, about turbochargers) and here them say things like "yeah, all I need is a turbo and a blow off valve and I'll be fast as **** man!"...you're just standing there looking at them but thinking "what the **** are you talking about?" lol. I've even had a kid tell me that on his SOHC motor that an underdrive pulley is going to give him "like 20 HP"...I'm thinking "uh huh...sure".

Just shake them haters off.
lol, it was a lame joke i know, but it kinda sux cuz i like srt's and they can make huge power with lots of potential, kinda sux when you like a car other than yers and the owners are ass's but like u said "shake the haters"......good advice.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Heres how people think when it comes to our cars.

Cavalier...2.2 cobalt 2.2 must be cavalier

Cobalt new compact for Gm so must be Cavalier

Cavalier has front windshield so a cobalt must be a cavalier

At least theres differences between what was the cavy and what is not the cobalt

But like it was said, an SRT4 is just a neon.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by akJBody
That is friggin hilarious, cause I can actually visualize that happening. Some people are just so close-minded that nothing is as good as what they have. They have to be better than everyone else. Whatever.
lol yup. I don't know...people always want to impress someone. I guess I kind of went through that stage but when you get older you SHOULD mature and grow out of silly things like what other people think of you or your car.

Don't worry, sometimes people say I drive a girl car. I just think..."yeah a girl car...with a 3.8L V6 MIVEC motor pushing 260 HP...good call".
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM

Guys driving Neons picking on people for driving Cavaliers.

That is kinda funny.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
my buddy made fun of me when he found out i was buying a cobalt ss/sc. his response "LOL a supercharged cavalier! way to go!"

... yeah he drives a mini cooper-s... and ill tell you, THAT is a big waste of $$$ i spank him every cruise
Yeah...thats a mind boggler lol
Old 10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by distillion
distillion the philosiphizer
Old 10-16-2006, 07:07 PM

HAHAHAHA!
i have spoken;P
Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Here's a demonstration.....

How similar?

Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM

DING DING DING!

We have a winner...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM

I must be blind or stupid......I see nuthing the same about a Cav ans a Balt...they both are 2 door...and they bothare cars...LOLOLOL!!!jk
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by blowncobalt
I must be blind or stupid......I see nuthing the same about a Cav ans a Balt...they both are 2 door...and they bothare cars...LOLOLOL!!!jk
Nope, you are neither...

The problem is you enheritted a curse that's been long lasting through generations. This curse is called:

COMMON SENSE!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
p7x

ppl are idiots nothing you can do about it cept shoot them
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM

not even the 2.2 is the same it may look the same, but then you see we have a battery in the trunk, intake is different i think, its different clear down to the wheels and hubcaps, some people need a

Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Ahhhh, stupid people.

There was a philosopher Lao Tzu who lived in China in the 6th Century BC. "Legend has it Lao Tzu was so burdened by humankind's ingorance that he vowed to wander into the wilderness of what's now Tibet" (essentially commit suicide).

So yeah, looks like ignorance has been with us for a while and is here to stay
Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by JakeU
Ahhhh, stupid people.

There was a philosopher Lao Tzu who lived in China in the 6th Century BC. "Legend has it Lao Tzu was so burdened by humankind's ingorance that he vowed to wander into the wilderness of what's now Tibet" (essentially commit suicide).

So yeah, looks like ignorance has been with us for a while and is here to stay
We're all doomed!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:11 PM

haha, i can see a mustang or camaro owner making comments like that, but a neon owner?? haha! but whatever, my buddy in his 2004 gt with exhaust was making fun of me, and when i asked him if he wanted to race, he laughed.... so we raced and i won, we raced 3 times cause i guess he said he wasnt trying the first time....but won everytime, he still said "whatever its still a POS fwd cavalier", i said "yes it is a POS fwd cavalier that beats mustang gts" whatever that phase "its still a cavalier" is getting old and doesnt really bother me anymore....if they made a 2004 cavy with a supercharged LSJ, i would have probally of bought one, i was considering a redline in 2004 but didnt really like the body style...and wanted to wait to see the cobalt ss/sc ....glad i waited.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by rick1217
haha, i can see a mustang or camaro owner making comments like that, but a neon owner?? haha! but whatever, my buddy in his 2004 gt with exhaust was making fun of me, and when i asked him if he wanted to race, he laughed.... so we raced and i won, we raced 3 times cause i guess he said he wasnt trying the first time....but won everytime, he still said "whatever its still a POS fwd cavalier", i said "yes it is a POS fwd cavalier that beats mustang gts" whatever that phase "its still a cavalier" is getting old and doesnt really bother me anymore....if they made a 2004 cavy with a supercharged LSJ, i would have probally of bought one, i was considering a redline in 2004 but didnt really like the body style...and wanted to wait to see the cobalt ss/sc ....glad i waited.
Speaking of Mustangs, I was driving next to these two guys (mid 20's) in a 95ish GT today. They kept revving up, taking off at every light, etc, etc. Well, I decided to get loud myself and got the supercharger screaming just as I got to his window, which was down. Then, the funniest part, he asked me if I turboed it. I was like, no, its supercharged. Then I realized how much I love this car, cause the whole point is...NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT! It's Great!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Show those dumb people out there what you can do with your car that usually cost less than theirs.

When paople ask stupid questions, give them stupid answers.

"Hey, does your car have a turbo?" "No, its got an air compressor."

"Is that a cavileer?" "No, they don't make those anymore." or "Does it say that on the trunk? Wow did I get suckered at the dealer."

If they have to ask stupid questions, they probably aren't going to research the car to find out what it really is. Let them keep guessing as they watch you pull on them, well most of them.

Ignorance is Bliss
For those who are ignorant.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM

LOL, next time you race, tell them the whining noise is your transmission going out. They ALL fall for it LMAO. ( I only got that joke cause the first time my G/F heard the whine she thought I broke it)

But yeah, having drove 5+ cavaliers since I was 16 (now 20) IM used to the cavalier jokes. I've always shrugged it off, it comes with the duty of being the underdog...Which is Fine with me

Quick Reply: Some people are so dumb...