General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS vs srt4--(srt4 lowercase) lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alerosaint
Since we on V6s now....hmmm...pure sex...but im bias...lol

B5 S4 Piggies with Straight Pipes and AWE Twin 1 - YouTube

hands down... the best
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM

I ran two srt-4's last night with bolt ons tuned with a diablosport, the buses put on them couldnt be counted.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Banned

right cause your stock turbo ss/tc runs hard all the way to 160
Old 09-10-2011, 11:31 PM

Yep it is the fastest car in the world, stock turbo bolt on srt 4's are slow as *****.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Joemaster70
everyone that i race loves my whine lol but they only love it cause they pass me
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
right cause your stock turbo ss/tc runs hard all the way to 160
its a losing battle on this forum lol
Old 09-11-2011, 01:14 AM

I had a pretty much full bolt-on/23 psi LNF Cobalt... I ran not one, or two.. but 4 different stage II Srt-4s, two in one night, the other two on different occasions... multiple pulls with all 4 cars, only pulls I lost... was when I missed a gear, if not... it was MORE than 2 car lengths..... in the initial hit from 40 to 65ish the Cobalt would jump out to 1-2 cars and it was pretty much a constant pull from there to 130... from a dig: LOL... terrible

i'm not denying what the Srt-4 is capable of... i'm just saying bolt-on/tune vs bolt-on/tune... if the LNF driver can drive and has a good tune, the SRT4 is in over its head

now if I were planning for aftermarket turbos, etc.... the Srt4 is the way to go... I was happy with the power my Cobalt had, I wanted E85 and a stouter clutch but that was going to be my cut off... it gets to where around 350+whp and street tires is laughable with fwd... I could turn 2.0-2.1 60's with some Falken 452s(which is not an aggressive tire at all) so I was confident in my driving abilities in getting of the line... yet it still sucked always finding myself having to "run down" the RWD competition from a dig.. the more power you add, and with street tires, the more you find yourself doing just that

as far as racing from a roll, even with the Cobalt, I was against it... dig or nothing... I can train a monkey to race a car from a roll, that involves no skill

I have no doubt from a 40 my Camaro would be slower than a bolt-on/tune LNF Cobalt or Stage II Neon... I also have no doubt on the street from a dig i'd put bus lengths on both... that is the difference between drag racing and ricer racing

both filmed in the exact same spot:

Cobalt: ZZP 3" downpipe, Injen IC charge piping, Hahn CAI, Forge BPV, Trifecta 23psi tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OucC8UOWJko
hit the gas at 0:02, hit 100 at 16 seconds: 14 seconds 0-100 on unprepped surface

2010 Camaro SS L99 A6: bone stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV_5bVYueOw
hit the gas at 5.5 seconds, hit 100 at 17.5 seconds, 12 second 0-100 on unprepped surface....and it's 100% stock

that is why I laugh at racing from a roll... my Cobalt would have demolished my Camaro from 40... but in an actual drag race, its a whole other story... and I owned both of those cars, so its no internet chatter... I also trapped 86mph through the 1/8th with that cobalt so I wasn't exactly a bad driver.... fwd just has its limitations on street tires with 350+ ft-lbs of torque

Last edited by 08inBama; 09-11-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 AM

i think a supra takes the cake if u want to talk about exhuasts...they sound wicked with a little work done to them. Back to the ss problem. WTF is wrong with people. Like one time i saw a youtube video of a kid who converted his ls into an ss just cosmetic ****..and he had like 5000 dislikes and everyone talked alot of **** to him lol.

its pointless. if u cant afford an ss dont try and act like u own an ss.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 07sssc
i think a supra takes the cake if u want to talk about exhuasts...they sound wicked with a little work done to them. Back to the ss problem. WTF is wrong with people. Like one time i saw a youtube video of a kid who converted his ls into an ss just cosmetic ****..and he had like 5000 dislikes and everyone talked alot of **** to him lol.

its pointless. if u cant afford an ss dont try and act like u own an ss.
Exactly. Like I said before, IMO, its actually more kudos to build an SS clone and keep it badged as an LS or LT. Whether its just cosmetic or you boost it and tune up the suspension as well, I think its better than just outright buying the 'better car' Thats the real reason I don't understand people who do great work on their LS or LT balts then ruin it by putting an ss badge on it. They went from awesome to poser with one single stick on badge.

Or in the case of the guy I saw, 5-7 badges...lol

Last edited by agita_san; 09-16-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 AM

They most likely cant afford the SS so over time they make it look like one, not a problem to me. The problem starts when they race people and get there ass handed and then people say the SS is slow.....but thats when i come in
Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 PM

There's a lot of fake SS's around here who think their the sht. Fake boost gauges etc. There's a white LS with hi rise and black rims that revs at me all the time. One of these times I am going to bite and demolish his ass. Im not even sure he knows it's a TC I drive. I don't see anything wrong with cloning the SS but with all the different aftermarket parts avail etc, why not just enjoy what you have and do something different? In many cases they just want people to think it's a TC etc and pose.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:19 PM

Well I'll come right out and say it, 99% of the aftermarket body kits are ugly as hell...lol. The only one I'd really rock would be the rksport lip kit. But that's besides the point....
I agree that there's a ton of poseurs out there. Personally I can't stand them either. I don't own an SS, but I'm proud of the work I've put into my car so far. I'm proud to be able to say, when asked if my cars an SS, 'oh no no, she's just an LT.'. I'm not an ss clone by any means, I'm just showing where I am coming from.
As for the poseurs, I love coming across them! Cuz like ricers everywhere, they don't really know **** and will try to back their ignorance up to the death. So all in all, they make for good lulz. Then when they try to race you, go for it. But make a deal with them. If you win they gotta pull every single SS badge off their retarded ass car.
And as for making real SS' look bad, do you really care? The people who really know their **** will know better, and the only ones who will talk **** are the ones who will be runnin their mouths anyway. Don't stoop to their level, they wanna run their mouths? You let the car do the talking. That will shut them up damn quick. And if they are real suckers you can prolly win a crapload of money along the way. Lol
Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM

Sorry for my rambling rant, was written on my phone...lol
Old 09-17-2011, 11:52 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best sounding 4 cyl = Subaru.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 AM

still one of my favorite sounding exhaust other then the ls1 and ls7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2LgH2dxAo
Old 09-19-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by agita_san
Well I'll come right out and say it, 99% of the aftermarket body kits are ugly as hell...lol. The only one I'd really rock would be the rksport lip kit. But that's besides the point....
I agree that there's a ton of poseurs out there. Personally I can't stand them either. I don't own an SS, but I'm proud of the work I've put into my car so far. I'm proud to be able to say, when asked if my cars an SS, 'oh no no, she's just an LT.'. I'm not an ss clone by any means, I'm just showing where I am coming from.
By adding a body kit, seats etc from the SC/TC indeed what people are doing is creating a SS clone.. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it is what it is. Kinda like what a lot of people are doing with old school muscle these days. Its common. It's like when somebody puts a shaker hood on an inline 6 etc.....It may not have the official 440 badges etc, but the dress up is there. And no matter what car you drive, you will have people that will flat out resent the fact you have underminded the precious originality of their ride... .. In their opinion, they went all out for the real deal, and you have stuck on some parts...

Way back LT's were banned from some meets...

And as for making real SS' look bad, do you really care? The people who really know their **** will know better, and the only ones who will talk **** are the ones who will be runnin their mouths anyway. Don't stoop to their level, they wanna run their mouths? You let the car do the talking. That will shut them up damn quick. And if they are real suckers you can prolly win a crapload of money along the way. Lol
I don't race in and out of traffic like these losers. And if they had money to be throwing around at races, they probably wouldn't be driving an LS/LT... My car can't do the talking in these situations due to the overly retarded nature of the encounter... And when I hear a buddy of mine telling me about someone who's been beat by two stock Si's claiming he's a TC yeah I do care. Ass clowns...

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 09-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.