General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

They really know how to treat customers - RPD update

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
/\---- what he said. You know they have seen this post if another vendor did yet no reply....hmmmm
Old 05-10-2011, 01:49 PM

i've tried to be very patient.
when i had issues with springs you guys always kept me in the loop.
even if i was a little annoying. you never ignored me and always were professional.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Premium Member

Has ZZP Replied yet? I might just stop using them completely if this doesn't ever get resolved.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry about your bad luck man. Hope everything gets resolved. Zoomer is an ass, no way around it. Matt and Ryan are much nicer to deal with.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 PM

still no update from zoomer, or matt.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Shibito
Sorry about your bad luck man. Hope everything gets resolved. Zoomer and Matt are asses, no way around it. Ryan is much nicer to deal with.
fixed
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
I'm actually suprised you aren't more upset. I think they owe you an apology and the parts promised.
THIS...

I'd be so pissed that I'd be up in Michigan a month ago if not earlier and the po-po woulda had to drag my ass to jail... just to get me off the property...

In all seriousness ur taking it well... much better than most on this site would be...

and for zzp

I'm surprised that their BBB rating is that low... makes me think twice...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 PM

yea getting too angry only wears me out more.
i'm trying to be chillaxed while hoping for help.
i work for apple and work with millions of providers across the world. (not customers directly, but the people that work directly with customers)
i am less likely to want to help if they are rude and angry.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 PM

im with you on this one. After seeing their rating, this thread, and hahn lowering their prices. I guess i know where my new charge pipes are coming from. Hope ya get it fixxed soon.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by cmatthewb101
Why is it the 2 biggest vendors on here have the worst reviews? i know, they're cheaper. And Cobalt owners are mostly cheap. I'll pay more to make I get my part and don't get dicked over. Threads like this is why I don't trust almost any of the vendors.
If we weren't cheap we wouldn't be driving Cobalts....
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM

lol. there are cheaper cars than balts like honda's. those parts are even cheaper.
i don't really care if a person sells parts for cheaper. you still expect good customer service to keep customers coming back.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by interviewatruins
i still haven't received a reply from the emails i sent to matt,
I have exactly 0 emails from you. You sent me a PM and I responded on 4-28 at 11:18PM. It read:

To start out- I understand how it would feel for you. I'd be disappointed as well. I haven't been involved in this project at all, but I can say that we wouldn't have your pillar available to send back right now. I know there has been a lot of delays and issues at the manufacturer completely beyond our control. It's unfortunate for both of us. To try to help out, I will see if we can locate a pillar that we can send you . I know the dealer doesn't sell them separate, but maybe we can find one elsewhere. I'll let you know if I can figure something out.

-Matt
Then we proceeded to locate a pillar and shipped it to you. The next PM that you sent me stated specifically that you were going back and forth with Zoom, who happens to be the owner of the company. I saw no reason to send you any further PMs at that point.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:50 PM

and the **** storm begins....im tuned in
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and nothing to be said about the damaged rpd....
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Premium Member

and the fire gets hotter!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just seeing this thread. I'm actually upset I have to waste my time responding.

1. This guy isn't a customer. He didn't buy anything from ZZP. Go ahead and sue or file with the BBB. You haven't spent any money and most certainly are NOT a customer of ours.

2. The deal with this ******** is that he offered to send in a gauge pod in exchange for us giving him one of the finished units once completed. I never, ever stated I would give him one in 3 months.

3. Upon agreeing to the informal deal, we waited and waited and it took over a month for this guy to send in his pod for the project. He wanted something to cover the pillar and we sent him a 3 gauge pod and no charge. A part we never received back and he has never offered it back.

4. After some months with periodic checks this guy tells me he sold his car and needs the pod back immediately. I explain I can't send it back because we don't have it. He then demands I give him $480 because that's what the dealer is docking him for his trade in. From this point on, I receive nearly daily emails with demands and explanations that the dealer is waiting to sign the paperwork.

5. I explain the situation in clear terms. Customer tells me the dealer is very clear on the car having to have an RPD in the car or he's docked $480. One of the solutions I have is sending him our prototype piece but it will have 2 holes for gauges in it. interviewatruins replies that it doesn't matter as long as the RPD is in the car.

6. Our dealership has a cobalt and we decide it's better to pull the OE piece and ship it, than to send the proto piece. We do this. Customer receives it and starts in with a series of rants and demands. Complaing about a scratch, complaining about a finger print, complaining about other things.

7. Clearly the customers intentions and situation was not presented honestly. When I call him out asking why this matters on a car he sold, he says "it's none of your damn business what I need the pod for" and this is the 2nd time I've called him out for lying. I don't tollerate BS. So I'm done with him.

8. He starts threatening law suits, etc. Demands $600 now and I tell him I'm deleting any further emails from him that don't directly address the situation and the options I've given him. Options being A. send our RPD back and wait for the final unit as agreed in our initial deal. or B. Send back and we'll swap the RPD screen out with another.

I don't deal with liars or bullshitters or people seeking to defame ZZP. I'm not going to call him as he's demanding because he's not a customer and not someone I am wasting my time on. We have a deal, ZZP has gone above and beyond. We have agreed to stick to original agreement and then modified it to address him selling his car. Now we're hearing he has a different issue. And guess what? Too bad. Perhaps you should have been honest or not made unreasonable demands. I'm not going out of my way for a loud mouth ******** running around lying about ZZP, misrepresenting my emails or what was said, and changing his story to extort ZZP for something.

BTW, not that it matters but PROTOTYPE pod did not have a hole in it for cords. When trying to drill one in it, the piece cracked in half. We have changed design for production. That's why it's called 'prototype'.
ZZP will still honor our original deal or exchange RPD pod but we will not be paying out compensation, I will not waste time arguing on the phone about this, we will not buy him a new RPD pod because he claims his used unit was 'brand new', and we won't pay for any return shipping charges. If this guy wants an exchange, my last email clearly stated he can send it back. I'm not talking about that further. If he wants to wait, he can do that and I'll still honor the deal. I'm not going to go back and forth in here because I don't have as much time to waste as he does.

In my opinion, this is a scammer looking to get over on a large company. I will not go further than original deal or replacing the part and I've already emailed him those choices. There is no reason to believe he's looking for a 'solution' when he hasn't accepted his real choices.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
I have exactly 0 emails from you. You sent me a PM and I responded on 4-28 at 11:18PM. It read:

Then we proceeded to locate a pillar and shipped it to you. The next PM that you sent me stated specifically that you were going back and forth with Zoom, who happens to be the owner of the company. I saw no reason to send you any further PMs at that point.
right i sent you pm's.

one at 10 am.

the second at 4 pm.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

Refresh!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm getting popcorn.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zooomer
8. Options being A. send our RPD back and wait for the final unit as agreed in our initial deal. or B. Send back and we'll swap the RPD screen out with another.
im happy and can now purchase from zzp again haha.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
Just seeing this thread. I'm actually upset I have to waste my time responding.

1. This guy isn't a customer. He didn't buy anything from ZZP. Go ahead and sue or file with the BBB. You haven't spent any money and most certainly are NOT a customer of ours.

2. The deal with this ******** is that he offered to send in a gauge pod in exchange for us giving him one of the finished units once completed. I never, ever stated I would give him one in 3 months.

3. Upon agreeing to the informal deal, we waited and waited and it took over a month for this guy to send in his pod for the project. He wanted something to cover the pillar and we sent him a 3 gauge pod and no charge. A part we never received back and he has never offered it back.

4. After some months with periodic checks this guy tells me he sold his car and needs the pod back immediately. I explain I can't send it back because we don't have it. He then demands I give him $480 because that's what the dealer is docking him for his trade in. From this point on, I receive nearly daily emails with demands and explanations that the dealer is waiting to sign the paperwork.

5. I explain the situation in clear terms. Customer tells me the dealer is very clear on the car having to have an RPD in the car or he's docked $480. One of the solutions I have is sending him our prototype piece but it will have 2 holes for gauges in it. interviewatruins replies that it doesn't matter as long as the RPD is in the car.

6. Our dealership has a cobalt and we decide it's better to pull the OE piece and ship it, than to send the proto piece. We do this. Customer receives it and starts in with a series of rants and demands. Complaing about a scratch, complaining about a finger print, complaining about other things.

7. Clearly the customers intentions and situation was not presented honestly. When I call him out asking why this matters on a car he sold, he says "it's none of your damn business what I need the pod for" and this is the 2nd time I've called him out for lying. I don't tollerate BS. So I'm done with him.

8. He starts threatening law suits, etc. Demands $600 now and I tell him I'm deleting any further emails from him that don't directly address the situation and the options I've given him. Options being A. send our RPD back and wait for the final unit as agreed in our initial deal. or B. Send back and we'll swap the RPD screen out with another.

I don't deal with liars or bullshitters or people seeking to defame ZZP. I'm not going to call him as he's demanding because he's not a customer and not someone I am wasting my time on. We have a deal, ZZP has gone above and beyond. We have agreed to stick to original agreement and then modified it to address him selling his car. Now we're hearing he has a different issue. And guess what? Too bad. Perhaps you should have been honest or not made unreasonable demands. I'm not going out of my way for a loud mouth ******** running around lying about ZZP, misrepresenting my emails or what was said, and changing his story to extort ZZP for something.

BTW, not that it matters but PROTOTYPE pod did not have a hole in it for cords. When trying to drill one in it, the piece cracked in half. We have changed design for production. That's why it's called 'prototype'.
ZZP will still honor our original deal or exchange RPD pod but we will not be paying out compensation, I will not waste time arguing on the phone about this, we will not buy him a new RPD pod because he claims his used unit was 'brand new', and we won't pay for any return shipping charges. If this guy wants an exchange, my last email clearly stated he can send it back. I'm not talking about that further. If he wants to wait, he can do that and I'll still honor the deal. I'm not going to go back and forth in here because I don't have as much time to waste as he does.

In my opinion, this is a scammer looking to get over on a large company. I will not go further than original deal or replacing the part and I've already emailed him those choices. There is no reason to believe he's looking for a 'solution' when he hasn't accepted his real choices.

[QUOTE=Zooomer;5770112]Just seeing this thread. I'm actually upset I have to waste my time responding.

1. I've bought plenty of your parts since i've own a base model that I supercharged.

2. This ******** was told it'd be three months. Take a look at the RPD thread.
I even posted "zoom said it'd be 3 months." You did reply to the thread after that not ever posting there was any discrepancy. If I had the pm's i'd prove the 3 months. That in itself is no issue. I don't care about the time. Had I known it'd be longer than 3 months I wouldn't have sent you the rod.

3. Check the emails. I've offered the 3 pillar gauge pod replacement back many times.
I even asked for blank labels to send it back when you send me the RPD back. There were none. You didn't wait that long. Please refer the rpd thread. I sent you the RPD the day after I received the box with the 3 gauge pillar in it.

4. Read the emails again. I still have the car. I said I was going to sell the car. I still have it now because you took to long to help and the deal fell through.

5. Right I said i didn't care if i had a prototype. I just wanted my RPD and pillar. You previously told me my pillar would be destroyed. I naturally assumed i'd get a prototype. When I got the stock rpd pillar and lcd I didn't care till I saw the damage.

6. Correct. I emailed pictures of this issue.

Please provide the email where i said "it's none of your damn business"
I never said such a thing, and I am not rude.

8. I never threatened any lawsuits, nor $600. Please include these emails.

You've come in this thread, and pretty much slandered anything i've ever said.
I've kept calm throughout this whole situation and even after the fact still haven't slandered your name.
Your parts are quality, however your response, name calling, and lying is not. I haven't misrepresented anything you said, Zoomer.
I posted all the emails for everyone to see. If you have any other emails that i'm holding out on. Please, I urge you to post them.
I know I have not lied. I offered to return the 3 gauge rpd, and asked for return labels. I didn't get them with my rpd return. that isn't really my fault.

My last email asked for shipping labels to send you the rpd and pillar you sent me last thursday.
I've had no reply since then.
All I wanted was a new lcd screen and new pillar. Once that isn't dirty, scratched up and damaged.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 05-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by BPacak
This!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:08 PM

None the less im curious as to why an expensive unit was not packaged more carefully, not insured, and weather or not it was damaged before or during the shipping....iif before...... you should have realized that he sent you brand new parts or in new condition parts and they should have been returned in the same condition as received....if during shipping then idk what to say to the op.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BPacak
I knew that the op had to be full of ****, im glad zzp posted to prove a point so everyone will stop trying to mob up with some guy trying to strong arm a company out of money by dragging there name in the mud
Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Shibito
I'm getting popcorn.
Want me to bring drinks?

Quick Reply: They really know how to treat customers - RPD update