General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Two thing, kind of long =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two thing, kind of long =)

Last night coming home from a friends I got into an accident, not bad at all actually, I was going around a curve on a wooded road and its wet from all the snow melting, I wasent speeding or doing anything dumb, just driving home taking my time and I started doing a 180 I ended up in the other lane facing the other direction and still going backwards soo I put the car in first gear and just pealed out to try to stop my self from going into a tree or down a ditch, it slowed me down some, but I hit a tree at like 5-10 MPH on the rear corner of the passanger side, it felt like I hit it really hard too, I was afraid I did something really really bad, and I was really freaked out,!! I got out to make sure I was ok could drive the car, and it was ok so after I finally got out of the mud and snow I was in I pulled into a parking lot with streetlight to check the damage, I have a shatter RH passenger tail light and a couple of scratches on my bumper and thats it! nothing eles!! Im soo happy and amazed!!! and I LOVE this car!!! It really felt like a did some relaly expensive and bad damage!! and all I need is a new taillight and the bumper to be touched up, so does anyone by any chance have a RH passenger tail light for the ss/sc, ( coupe cobalt)? Ill but it I just dont want to have to buy one from the dealer for like $50239453453458 or from ebay, if I can get it here. someone let me know,

and on my way to work today, I got on the highway (695 at bel air exit) and got next to someone in a blue ss/sc, this is only the second time Ive seen another ss/sc between Owings Mills and Baltimore, I thought it was kool!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I manage a collision center and looked up the cost of a tail lamp. Brand new from Chevy it is only $54.94 part number 15797856.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM

I had a fellow SS/SC following me one time, and I stopped and she didn't....WHAM.....I thought i was gonna get out and my rear bumper was gonna be destroyed. But, all i had to do was pop the rear lip back in and use some touch-up paint on some scratches on the lip. As long as i keep that corner waxed up u can't even tell it ever happened....lol. Felt like one hell of a hit though....lol
Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by SKDR112888
Last night coming home from a friends I got into an accident, not bad at all actually, I was going around a curve on a wooded road and its wet from all the snow melting, I wasent speeding or doing anything dumb, just driving home taking my time and I started doing a 180 I ended up in the other lane facing the other direction and still going backwards soo I put the car in first gear and just pealed out to try to stop my self from going into a tree or down a ditch, it slowed me down some, but I hit a tree at like 5-10 MPH on the rear corner of the passanger side, it felt like I hit it really hard too, I was afraid I did something really really bad, and I was really freaked out,!! I got out to make sure I was ok could drive the car, and it was ok so after I finally got out of the mud and snow I was in I pulled into a parking lot with streetlight to check the damage, I have a shatter RH passenger tail light and a couple of scratches on my bumper and thats it! nothing eles!! Im soo happy and amazed!!! and I LOVE this car!!! It really felt like a did some relaly expensive and bad damage!! and all I need is a new taillight and the bumper to be touched up, so does anyone by any chance have a RH passenger tail light for the ss/sc, ( coupe cobalt)? Ill but it I just dont want to have to buy one from the dealer for like $50239453453458 or from ebay, if I can get it here. someone let me know,

and on my way to work today, I got on the highway (695 at bel air exit) and got next to someone in a blue ss/sc, this is only the second time Ive seen another ss/sc between Owings Mills and Baltimore, I thought it was kool!
By the way, if you hit the tree as hard as you say you did, if you look behind your bumper cover I will be willing to bet that the energy absorber and reinforcement beam are bent.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by fastSS06
I had a fellow SS/SC following me one time, and I stopped and she didn't....WHAM.....I thought i was gonna get out and my rear bumper was gonna be destroyed. But, all i had to do was pop the rear lip back in and use some touch-up paint on some scratches on the lip. As long as i keep that corner waxed up u can't even tell it ever happened....lol. Felt like one hell of a hit though....lol
Hey Hey welcome back to posting. Where the hell have you been?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
By the way, if you hit the tree as hard as you say you did, if you look behind your bumper cover I will be willing to bet that the energy absorber and reinforcement beam are bent.
damnit!!

how bad is that?

it felt like i hit it relaly realy hard too! but I was only going like 5-10 MPH
Old 02-23-2007, 08:53 AM

The energy absorber is a piece of styrafoam (I know that is spelled wrong) located directly behind the rear bumper cover and it attatches to a steel beam called a reinforcement beam. About $220 worth of parts. You should really take it to a body shop and have them check everything out for you. Cosmetically it could be okay, but the sheet metal behind the plastic bumper could be pretty badly damaged. I've seen that happen several times.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM

thanxs for the head up, Il ltake alook