General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warrenty/Roadside Complain and Rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrenty/Roadside Complain and Rant

So a few weeks ago, me and my girlfriend went to the beach in grand bend, about 45 minutes to an hour drive away from home, and everything was fine for the drive there. About 4 PM we get ready to leave, and I get an error "Breakfluid issue" and the car completely locks up.

Its thursday, on a long weekend where the dealerships are all closed Friday-Monday, so I needed a solution because I cant go a whole long weekend without a car.

The closest dealership was closed at 4, next closest was the one in london, open till 5:30, so I talked to GM Roadside and they said that I would be able to get the difference in the tow, as they only usually cover $100, it cost $190. When I went to get compensated for the cash, they claimed that I should of towed it there, and then be stranded for a ride back to london that day. As well as go without a rental for 5 days, which I wasn't going for at all.

I get a call on Tuesday, and the dealership claims my $700 aftermarket alarm system caused the problem, so they aren't going to fix the issue, and won't return my money for the tow, claiming that is what is causing the electrical problem, even though I have had the same alarm for over 14 months, problem free.

I've been given the most run around from Macmaster Chevrolet in London, Ontario, and from Roadside, to the point where I will never buy a Chevrolet vehicle again, and NEVER deal with this specific dealership ever again. This has been the most aweful situation I have ever had to deal with, and I feel like I am basically being jerked around to the point where I can't do anything to resolve the situation.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

warranty not warrenty
Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM

well dude, they will find anything to cover Chevrolet's ass...hate to say it but thats just how it rolls
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
JMH

Originally Posted by cobalt8
So a few weeks ago, me and my girlfriend went to the beach in grand bend, about 45 minutes to an hour drive away from home, and everything was fine for the drive there. About 4 PM we get ready to leave, and I get an error "Breakfluid issue" and the car completely locks up.

Its thursday, on a long weekend where the dealerships are all closed Friday-Monday, so I needed a solution because I cant go a whole long weekend without a car.

The closest dealership was closed at 4, next closest was the one in london, open till 5:30, so I talked to GM Roadside and they said that I would be able to get the difference in the tow, as they only usually cover $100, it cost $190. When I went to get compensated for the cash, they claimed that I should of towed it there, and then be stranded for a ride back to london that day. As well as go without a rental for 5 days, which I wasn't going for at all.

I get a call on Tuesday, and the dealership claims my $700 aftermarket alarm system caused the problem, so they aren't going to fix the issue, and won't return my money for the tow, claiming that is what is causing the electrical problem, even though I have had the same alarm for over 14 months, problem free.

I've been given the most run around from Macmaster Chevrolet in London, Ontario, and from Roadside, to the point where I will never buy a Chevrolet vehicle again, and NEVER deal with this specific dealership ever again. This has been the most aweful situation I have ever had to deal with, and I feel like I am basically being jerked around to the point where I can't do anything to resolve the situation.
Needless to say, they should have been "prompt" and available concerning roaside assistance.......but mucking with electrical in any modern car is VOODOO.
My last car (with aftermarket anti-theft) rendered some bizzare things inopperable or finicky, without solution.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM

I hope my dealer will help me a little better than yours did or this will be my LAST chevy also.... Axles are clicking at 17k..... Every take off. Never been to the drag strip.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Red07SS
I hope my dealer will help me a little better than yours did or this will be my LAST chevy also.... Axles are clicking at 17k..... Every take off. Never been to the drag strip.
you don't have to be at the strip to race your car
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 AM

Your obviously a chevy fanboy, but I didn't know I bought a performance car not to redline the odd time.