General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Why did you pick the cobalt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did you pick the cobalt?

Out of all the cars out there what main aspect of the balt helped you decide to buy one? For me it was the good gas mileage and decent power. Plus almost no one in my area has one.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Banned

because i bought NFS Most Wanted...and it was in there..and it looked nice...

Granted I went to the dealership for a ss/sc....i came home with a 2.4 auto sedan...(fiance convinced me to get a family car...thats an auto)
Old 05-16-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by TCarter
because i bought NFS Most Wanted...and it was in there..and it looked nice...

Granted I went to the dealership for a ss/sc....i came home with a 2.4 auto sedan...(fiance convinced me to get a family car...thats an auto)
Yea I got a 2.4L auto as well its good for a daily driver and for a commuter car. They are no slouch though, they are highly underrated.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 AM
Banned

ya, they are pretty quick...

but can be ALOT quicker.

16's are still on the slow side (IMO).

id be happy to get the car running 13's(or below) on street tires).
Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 AM

because the dealership was having a promo price and my parent's are paying for it. hahaha
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 AM

I picked the SS because it looked to be an overall nicer vehicle than the SRT4
Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Toronto SS
I picked the SS because it looked to be an overall nicer vehicle than the SRT4
I totally agree the srt4 is a beefier neon with a gay looking older eclipse style arch wing.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 AM

LOL. My girlfriend bought a 1986 Camaro 5 speed out from under me. I really really wanted it and she went off and did that. Pissed me off so bad. Had been workin my ass off savin for it. By the way she has like 8 Camaros. Her and her parents collect them. Well anyways we were at a dealership one day and she went nutz over this 06 victory red ss sc. Said it was the car of her dreams. Said she was going to come up there later the next day and get it. I pushed her bluff and she swore to god she was going to get it. Had a co-signer and all. Well i woke up bright an early the next day, went up there and said I'll take it. OMG you should have seen the look on her face. I'll say it like this. REVENGE IS JUST TO SWEET !! Anyways it not a bad lil car. Kinda pricy to upgrade..lookin for atleast 350 hp in the end. Heard alot about going turbo helps alot. anyway thats my story. Peace Kev
Old 05-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by RedSSCobalt
LOL. My girlfriend bought a 1986 Camaro 5 speed out from under me. I really really wanted it and she went off and did that. Pissed me off so bad. Had been workin my ass off savin for it. By the way she has like 8 Camaros. Her and her parents collect them. Well anyways we were at a dealership one day and she went nutz over this 06 victory red ss sc. Said it was the car of her dreams. Said she was going to come up there later the next day and get it. I pushed her bluff and she swore to god she was going to get it. Had a co-signer and all. Well i woke up bright an early the next day, went up there and said I'll take it. OMG you should have seen the look on her face. I'll say it like this. REVENGE IS JUST TO SWEET !! Anyways it not a bad lil car. Kinda pricy to upgrade..lookin for atleast 350 hp in the end. Heard alot about going turbo helps alot. anyway thats my story. Peace Kev
hahaha that is hilarious.

go turbo if youre looking for that kinda power... the turbo balt in my area is around 320whp on 17-18psi
Old 05-16-2007, 04:12 AM

I bought my cobalt ss s/c bc of numerious reasons...
1....its not a honda.....
2....Its supercharged
3....it was within my price range
4....car had a good system stock
5.... It was something that nobody knew about
6.... it just had a way better look to it then the new civic si and srt 4 by far.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:20 AM

I was shopping for the likes of an STi, Evo 9, 350Z, or GTO. They were all out of my price range since I wanted to pay cash. I wouldn't be able to afford gas for the GTO, and with a newborn son; a two-seater 350Z was out of the question. The SS/SC's power and options-to-pricetag ratio was very impressive, and they look nice. Not to mention, unique. I'm the only person in my area to have such a heavily-modified Cobalt. I LOVED the fact that it came with OnStar, XM, leather Recaros, and limited slip
Old 05-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by ICEMAN187
Out of all the cars out there what main aspect of the balt helped you decide to buy one? For me it was the good gas mileage and decent power. Plus almost no one in my area has one.
You know that you are the reason I got the Cobalt.... When you pulled up to work in it I was like WTF is that? THAT BITCH IS SICK!!!!!!! 3 months later I had that ****.... Ha ha....
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 AM

0% for 72 FTW!

Also, I was considering turning my 03 cavvy ls sport to forced induction. Instead I moved to a better platform (imo).
Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Its ok kirk I knew you just needed to see one and then you were sold. Leave it to your boy to help you pick a new car
Old 05-16-2007, 06:14 AM

The main reason i got mine....got a good deal with 12 miles on it brand new...$11,300
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 AM

Nice price tag, looks damn nice, has massive potential, I LOVE being underestimated, and MAN IS SHE FUN TO DRIVE!!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Banned

because there were no new srt4's
Old 05-16-2007, 06:40 AM

GM FTW!!! Booo neon..lol
Old 05-16-2007, 06:55 AM

Talking

I did not even test drive mine. I just loved the way it looked and the 205 HP
I remember thinking this car is SWEET!! Had to have one, Every man has to have a Toy
Old 05-16-2007, 06:58 AM

Bought mine because it looks better then the SRT-4, Its not a NEON and in 05 when I got it there where none on the road.
Best part I didn't even know the car existed I saw it read up on it and with in 3 days I bought one.
IMPLUSE SAY WHAT!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 AM

me and the wife want kids, she always wanted a cobalt ss because of need for speed most wanted, i won the game with one, one day we went to look at a new eclipse gtv6. we were driving it home (going to sign paperwork the next day), had to stop for a restroom break, went to the chevy dealer (brand new=nice restrooms) and seen the 4 door cobalt SS facing a corvette and a trailblazer SS in the showroom. Automatic, cobalt SS! a dream come true for her, we left the eclipse at the chevy dealer bought the cobalt that night, and took the esclipe back the next day and brought my wifes cavalier to chevy for trade. it was perfect, not the fastest car we drove but for the money it hauled ass and looked WAAAAAY better than eclipses and rx-8s and fits and scions and so on LOL. got it for 17 grand is my reason!
and now when we have kids we will have no problem stuffing in the back.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 AM

rarity
looks
speed
price
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 AM

in my price range, engine looked good for boosting and liked the factory styling enough so i wouldnt have to change it much. cmpared to the scion tc the car pulled much harder, other cars i looked at but couldnt afford were the mustang gt, g35 and GTO.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umm well since my first car being a honda accord had a busted tranny, i had to get a new car, and my dad said u find out the payments and insurance and ill give u how much u need for it and ull jsut pay me back and all, so i wanted a few cars, the cheapest for the power that it has was the cobalt, so i looked into it, my dad liked it because of the gas milege, my mom liked it for the dual side air bags and onstar, and yeah bought it from there, oo also got my cousins GMS pricing discount
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 AM

I used to own an 89 Beretta GTU, it was the best car I ever owned, ran great, I was modifying it too, was starting to look sweet. Here are some pics of my cars:

In 1999 (On Christmas day), I had an accident in the Beretta, some guy in his Dodge Ram full size ran the red light and put an end to my Beretta. Made me so angry, I wanted to keep that car because it was no longer in production.

Next, I had a Camaro, but that car was always thirsty.

I was looking for a car for quite some time, looked into the GTO (To thirsty), Mustangs (Did not appeal to me, don't have anything against them, just not me), Mazda 6 (Nice car, but I can wait) and a few others.

Then... last year, my wife and I were driving by a Chevy dealer in Palmyra, PA. We spot this Arrival Blue Cobalt SS Supercharged, and I was like, what the heck was that. I did a double-take on it, and so did my wife. She was like turn around, let's go check that out. So, we did, the salesman came out, talked to us for a while, but wouldn't let me take it for a spin.

So we moved on, but the car stayed in my head, all I could think about was that damn SS. Eventually I made my way over to the dealership next to where I live, and they had a Vic Red SS Supercharged with the G85 package. * starts to drool *

I started talking to the salesman there, and I mentioned the one at the other dealership, he asked me a few questions about it, and then asked me if I had test driven the car. I said "No" the other dealership would not let me take it out, this salesman said, "What? You have to test drive this thing!", he took a photocopy of my license, handed me the keys and the rest is history.

So I got the car for several reasons:

1) Sweet looking.
2) Good gas mileage
3) In my price range
4) Nice power
5) Not to many SS Supercharged in my area (Now, that has changed)

Quick Reply: Why did you pick the cobalt?