General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth It?

Ok obviously everyone that has a Cobalt is going to have good things to say... I mean spend 20k on something of course you want to beleive its the best ever.

Now I want an honest opinion of how the SS is performing... Good and Bad

I ask this becuase I cant test drive one becuase my dealer has a list of 6 people that want to buy it so they dont wnat ot put any miles on the one thats at the lot.

So before I order my car next week I would like some re-assurance that I'm making the right decision.

Help me out please

BTW I'm not inetrested in the SRT-4 I just want to know if the Cobalt SS was worth it for the people who bought it.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:04 PM

Hey Chev,

Hmm.... that is my delema as well , in my thread I'm trying to bassically get pretty much the same answers u are seeking I think. Well I'm happy to hear what everyone has to say

Sorry I can't be of more help, I never even seen a Cobalt SS/sc "in person".

POST AWAY
Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

Drive the SRT-4 & the Cobalt "SS" & see which you prefer. SRT-4 is faster & easier to make even faster & it's cheaper too!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted
Drive the SRT-4 & the Cobalt "SS" & see which you prefer. SRT-4 is faster & easier to make even faster & it's cheaper too!
I didnt say anything about the SRT-4... thats not even an option in my mind... its a NEON!!! I hate that name

I was just wondering if people who have the SS now feel like they got good value for their money
Old 04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Premium Member

It's definately a head turner going down the road. Going through drive-thru's and in parking lots I almost always hear a comment about it. Draws more attention than I ever expected, anyways.

I keep hearing that the handling is similar to an '87 Camaro. I used to have a '91 Firebird and surprisingly, yes, it does often remind me of my Firebird. I like it myself, others may not.

As far as everyday driving goes, it's somewhat of a Jekyl and Hyde. Going out and picking up groceries it's perfectly docile, but when you take it up above 4000 rpm, it's just violent enough to give you a perma-grin.

My last tank of gas averaged 26 mpg, a mix of highway and city with a little bit of aggressive driving. I have to drive up to Indiana (from Florida, 1050 miles each way) this weekend, so I'll let ya guys know what I average when I get back.

Really, the only problem I've had (other than the flat tire after only 250 miles ), is that a couple of times I hit the rev limiter at barely 6000 rpm's (supposed to be 6500). I was staring right at the gauge when it happened both times. I don't know if the gauge is off, or if the limiter isn't programmed right. I will most likely be stopping into a dealer when I get back this weekend to have it checked out.

Other than that, I'm very happy with it so far.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
I didnt say anything about the SRT-4... thats not even an option in my mind... its a NEON!!! I hate that name

I was just wondering if people who have the SS now feel like they got good value for their money
& a Cobalt SS is still just a COBALT aka replacement for the f'n CAVALIER. Please come back when you have a valid argument.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:00 AM

& a Cobalt SS is still just a COBALT aka replacement for the f'n CAVALIER. Please come back when you have a valid argument.
Please listen... The NEON SRT-4 is a NEON with the Trim SRT-4

The CObalt and The CObalt SS and other trims are a completely different car chassis everything form the cavalier.

That is a valid arguement... the cavalier has nothing to do with it
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
Please listen... The NEON SRT-4 is a NEON with the Trim SRT-4

The CObalt and The CObalt SS and other trims are a completely different car chassis everything form the cavalier.

That is a valid arguement... the cavalier has nothing to do with it
ok kiddo
Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 AM

Chevy4life85, I would waste too much time arguing with boosted. I, for one, as well as others, understood your first message perfectly clear: cant drive an SS, thinking about buying an SS, want an honest opinon, not interested in an srt

he seems biased anyway. cobalt gets the ho hum smiley while his beloved srt get the wink, choose me, smiley
Old 04-27-2005, 11:29 AM

What I want to say, is here's a spoon, eat my ass. But I'm not gonna do that..

All I have to say is.. it's awful ignorant of you to make asinine comments like that, on a COBALT forum.. It's like the same saying Jesus is lame, on a forum for the Vatican, if one even exists.. ANYWAY.. Chevy4Life just wants on honest opinion, on where to put $23,000 of his dollars.. Not yours. If you wanna **** and moan about what is better, go do it on another thread.. He doesn’t want an SRT-4.. It’s his deal.

Yeah it’s the replacement for the Cav.. but I think people heading GM are smart.. and wouldn’t replace it with an inferior product.

Hitler got replaced, and that seemed to work out for everyone.

Basically.. don’t be an ass-hat.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:31 AM

Thanks guys for a second there i thought everyone forgot how to read. I am just going to go on good faith here and order the car, hope everyone likes it as much as they say!