How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: How To: Ebay Armrest Installation

Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How To: Ebay Armrest Installation

Hi everyone,

As noted in my post in the appearance forum, I purchased the Ebay Armrest for my SS/SC.

Tonight I managed to install it in my car and it took me at most 10 minutes. In fact, it probably took me longer to take the pictures than install it. To install it, you will need a drill with a 7/64" bit and a Phillips screw driver. All mounting hardware is included.

The installation is as follows:
  1. Place the armrest on your centre console. I goes over the small "holder" area directly in front of the rear passenger cup holders.
  2. Place it firmly in place and line it up with the seam between the main centre console and the back portion.
  3. In the instructions, they actually tell you to mark the holes and then drill it, but it isn't necessary. Just hold the top of the unit down firmly and drill one side of the holes with a 7/64" bit.
  4. Once you've drilled the first side, insert a screw and plastic washer into the hole but don't tighten it all the way.
  5. Next do the same with the previous screw into the other hole on the same side.
  6. Again, push firmly on the top of the armrest and drill the other side, placing the screws and washers just like in the first step.
  7. Once all the screws are in place, tighten them all down. Be careful not to overtighten them as you are attaching them to a plastic piece.
  8. Once all four screws are tightened, place the black plastic caps on each washer for a nearly invisible install.
  9. That's it!

Overall, the product looks pretty good in my car. As I suspected in my original post, the plastic is darker than the plastic of the car. Because of the location though, it is not very noticeable. The height of the armrest is really good and matches exactly with the height of the built in door armrest. The only part I'm not crazy about is the rear portion. That is the only part (where it meets the console by the cup holders) that looks kinda cheap and out of place.

Overall I would give this product the following rating:
  • Ease of Installation: 3/10 (10 being extremely difficult)
  • Product's ability to blend in: 9/10 (10 being a stock part)
  • Product's appearance: 8.5/10 (10 being flawless)
  • Product's usefulness: 9.5/10 (10 being the most useful add on)

I would give this product a total rating of 9/10. If the plastic matched a little bit better and that back bottom portion was a little better it would be pretty much perfect. I will give an update rating once I get to use it a little.

Now some install pics:

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by TommyP; 05-23-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great write up man!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Ebay where did you find the arm rest?