Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > General > How to Guide
How To:  Factory Cruise Control and Remote Radio Control Installation (2007- 2010) >

Electrical: How To: Factory Cruise Control and Remote Radio Control Installation (2007- 2010)

How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Electrical: How To: Factory Cruise Control and Remote Radio Control Installation (2007- 2010)

Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 AM
  #51  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iknow it will. lol i just wanted to see

if i got the wheel online and brought it to the dealer would they give me **** about it.? like oh it cant be put on or it isnt compatable or anything.?

Last edited by Cobalt08LS; 12-16-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 12:37 AM
  #52  
New Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Location: dearborn,mi
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey maven i got a question for you
would i set any codes if i programed the bcm for cruse control and waited to hook everything else up?
ford sucks is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 10:48 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Maven's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-25-05
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 7,687
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford sucks View Post
hey maven i got a question for you
would i set any codes if i programed the bcm for cruse control and waited to hook everything else up?
Nope. and even if it did they would be BCM codes which wouldnt affect anything anyway.
Maven is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  #54  
New Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Location: dearborn,mi
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
Nope. and even if it did they would be BCM codes which wouldnt affect anything anyway.
with every thing that is computer controlled you never know what might happen if you change something
ford sucks is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS View Post
iknow it will. lol i just wanted to see

if i got the wheel online and brought it to the dealer would they give me **** about it.? like oh it cant be put on or it isnt compatable or anything.?
If they bitch about it, it is because they're ignorant.

The best thing to do is to install the wheel yourself (Not difficult at all... seriously. Took me 45 minutes while screwing around/looking for tools.), then just have the reflash done. They'll probably rape you on install if you have them swap the wheels out.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wait what do you mean reflash???
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 AM
  #57  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS View Post
wait what do you mean reflash???
When I say "Reflash" in this thread, I just mean ******* around with the tech II to enable the option.

Not a full overwrite of the ECU.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM
  #58  
New Member
 
Join Date: 10-26-08
Location: dearborn,mi
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just want to let every body know that the wheel from a pontiac torrent uses different covers and cruse control switches



just installed the wheel and found out that if you get the torrent wheel you also need the air bag. it has a different mounting depth

Last edited by ford sucks; 12-29-2009 at 08:48 PM.
ford sucks is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 PM
  #59  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-17-08
Location: Texas
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the How-To and removed the Torrent as a donor vehicle.
kafer79 is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-01-09
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 971
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
can anybody confirm that part# 15234343 is the right harness?

if this is the right harness and i got the left bezel with cruise control and audio control would that be everything i need?

thanx
08ShowbaltLS is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,352
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kafer79 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the How-To and removed the Torrent as a donor vehicle.
Great How To! But I've got a question. How many wires TOTAL, when finished, are in the 11 pin connector. Is it full or are there any blank holes? And I wonder if the steering column harness connects to the dash harness with a like connector. After reading your thread I'm going to dive in and remote the functions of the 10 control buttons on the steering wheel so I can install a MOMO wheel. I think 10 lighted micro push buttons on the console and a MOMO wheel would be different. Thanks for the courage.
buellfooll is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM
  #62  
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-16-10
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,812
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07-10 Chevrolet MALIBU


This wheel will not work the interior casting that holds the airbag is completely different
EcoTecDriver is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 08:14 AM
  #63  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will likely have a kit for this setup soon. Just for one person. I am going to pull the buttons out of my G5 when I go to the scrap yard to pull my other aftermarket stuff off of it. I cannot use the 07+ wheel from the G5 in the 05 SS/SC, so I have no use for it.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-01-09
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 971
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so you'll be able to sell everything you need all together?
DIBS

Last edited by 08ShowbaltLS; 01-31-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
08ShowbaltLS is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 02:09 AM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ShowbaltLS View Post
so you'll be able to sell everything you need all together?
DIBS
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...37#post4654937

listed.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:25 AM
  #66  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
When I say "Reflash" in this thread, I just mean ******* around with the tech II to enable the option.

Not a full overwrite of the ECU.
so i would have to go to the dealer to get whatever option enabled?
i would just want my ls wheel off and a leather wheel put on. and just have 2 controls on the left side of the wheel like i have on my current wheel. i dont want cruise or radio i just want a leather wheel. what kind of reflashing has to be done? because i know a shop who can probably do this but if you say a reflash is needed than that requires a dealer
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:31 AM
  #67  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS View Post
so i would have to go to the dealer to get whatever option enabled?
i would just want my ls wheel off and a leather wheel put on. and just have 2 controls on the left side of the wheel like i have on my current wheel. i dont want cruise or radio i just want a leather wheel. what kind of reflashing has to be done? because i know a shop who can probably do this but if you say a reflash is needed than that requires a dealer
If you're just swapping wheel materials only and don't want cruise/audio, you can just transfer your current two button bezels to the leather wheel as well as the connecting harness for the clock spring. Its only held in by hex screws. Whenever I bought my wheel, I never used the leather. I just put the buttons on my urethane wheel and sold the leather wheel. Since you're not adding new buttons and functionality, you don't need to do anything with the Tech II.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
  #68  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
alright cool
im debating if i should do this or not
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,352
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd like to take all the controls OFF the steering wheel and put them someplace in the console so I could install a MOMO wheel without loosing any of those features. Anybody want to comment?
buellfooll is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
  #70  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-23-08
Location: East Grand Forks, MN
Posts: 3,366
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Has anyone done this on an 07? If so, what part numbers did you use?
conerboner is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
  #71  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by buellfooll View Post
I'd like to take all the controls OFF the steering wheel and put them someplace in the console so I could install a MOMO wheel without loosing any of those features. Anybody want to comment?
You could probably get an aftermarket cruse module that mounts to the steering column.

Originally Posted by conerboner View Post
Has anyone done this on an 07? If so, what part numbers did you use?
My G5 was 07:

Audio Switch (2007 Silver finish):15942951
Cruise Switch (2007 Silver Finish): 15942950

Not sure what the harness' part number is, the only number it had was 6092610 00A... but that doesn't come up as valid to GM Parts Direct. You'll have to ask your dealer. The Harness is branded as a Delphi harness, so it may have it's own part number.

Last edited by Nighthawk243; 02-23-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
  #72  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-23-08
Location: East Grand Forks, MN
Posts: 3,366
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
thank you. I don't see why they would even make a car without cruise control but whatever i guess...
conerboner is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by conerboner View Post
thank you. I don't see why they would even make a car without cruise control but whatever i guess...
Price. Some of the epic base model cobalts (Mostly 05/06) are not even wired for it, hence why some people have to add their own wiring into Pin 61 for it. If they make cruise an "Option", they can charge more for the car for having it.

Anyways, I wonder if it is possible to make the 07+ buttons trigger the 05/06 cruise. Hmmm....
Nighthawk243 is offline  
Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
  #74  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the airbag from my non leather wheel will just plug into the ss wheel and work properly correct?
my installer said he could do this im just debating if i even should
im not going to do it now because i still have to install my springs and get a exhaust but maby after
i like the leather wheel
if i buy a leather wheel off like morad parts i wont have any problems with plugging in my airbag like i wont get any cels for airbag or sutn
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM
  #75  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blu3_v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-24-06
Location: Port Hueneme, CA
Posts: 3,677
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS View Post
the airbag from my non leather wheel will just plug into the ss wheel and work properly correct?
my installer said he could do this im just debating if i even should
im not going to do it now because i still have to install my springs and get a exhaust but maby after
i like the leather wheel
if i buy a leather wheel off like morad parts i wont have any problems with plugging in my airbag like i wont get any cels for airbag or sutn
It is a very simple swap... takes 2 minutes... for real... Its as easy as taking the airbag out disconnecting it, then taking off one nut that holds the wheel on and the doing the reverse to put the new wheel on... takes 2 minutes...

Also your installer is an idiot... because he can do it, he's just to stupid to realize that the wheel is the same thing jus one is leather wrapped... I suggest installing things yourself, if you dealer is that dumb.

Also the air bag will not throw a CEL.. CEL=Check Engine Light. If the air bag is fucked up it will show up on the DIC as Service Airbag Soon, and the Safety Restraint System light will be lit up. Just taking the air bag out will not mess it up, and you will not get a SRS Light.
blu3_v1p3r is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical: How To: Factory Cruise Control and Remote Radio Control Installation (2007- 2010)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.