How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

2.0 LNF Engine: How to get women, $, and strength while fixing your breather hose!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get women, $, and strength while fixing your breather hose!

Are you ready to get stronger?
Are you ready to get that hot model girlfriend?
Are you ready to make 3000 dollars a day?
Well then….you are in the wrong thread.

Seriously though..
If you are like me then you have gone through intakes and are now back on the stocker with a broken breather hose. Now the question is…. Do you feel like buying another plastic connector hose for your intake to have the same problem occur again?
Well never fear! I've figured out a permanent solution and am writing this convenient how to so you too can fix your cars breather issue.
For 1 payment of about $9.99 you can fix your car and make it idle nicely, and run much smoother. Call now! 1800keepreading.

Materials needed -

3"16 barb x 1/4" MIP, Gorilla Glue, Loctite plastic epoxy, any source of fap material, rachet, size 8 & 14 sockets, a drill bit, gloves, paper towels, q-tips

First off - Note to GM -
You suck for using that crappy stock intercooler, using this plastic breather hose that should have been metal and for giving us crappy rear pads on our ss/tc's.
okay, okay. /rant.

NOW on to the good stuff.
No that doesn't mean i'm posting nudes of my ex…we'll save that for a later thread.

Okay.

So the first step is you must head on over to home depot.
Don't even bother asking anyone for help as they will be lost and not know how to help you. They'll tell you we don't have anything like that…which is technically true.
Go down to the plumbing section and in the fittings find this :

Now that you've acquired this "precious" metal make sure you hold onto it as if you were frodo because you know them haters are gonna try and take it away.

GENTLY take your broke plastic breather connector piece and slip it over the 1/8th barb. Feel free to use wd40. A wise friend once said you can never have too much wd40.

Notice you will have a bit of a gap inside. We will take care of that shortly as that is no bueno.

So now get some paper towels and set it on top of something you don't mind getting ruined. (Notice I refrained from covering Irina Shayk. As much as I'd like to put glue on her….i'd prefer not to ruin the magazine as this is great FAP material for later on )

Now make sure to squeeze out the plastic epoxy and mix it well with one of the qtips. I like qtips because it makes it easy to apply the glue without making a mess and you can throw them away easily.

I first took the plastic piece off the metal fitting and covered the metal fitting in Gorilla Glue. Then I filled the plastic breather fitting that with epoxy.
Then I pushed the fitting back into it. and made sure to clean off any excess glue. I also applied a little extra epoxy on the bottom where the break had occurred to ensure there was no air leak.

Now clean up your goo! and throw away the qtips and paper towels and in my case read the article about irina. AKA stare at her bosom while letting the fitting and plastic breather piece cure. It shouldn't take more than 10 mins, but I let it sit for a few hours.

Once it's all cured cover one end with your finger and try and blow in air from the other. Hopefully you have no leaks. If you didn't have any like me then continue to the next step!

I like things to generally look pretty neat even though you can't see them so I gave the fitting a quick spray with black spray paint.
Feel free to skip this step.

Now that you have a cleanly painted, leak free and reliable fitting to use lets go ahead and remove the part of the intake connected to the intake.
You all know how to do this step so i'm not gonna hold your hand on it.
If you've never done it before you can use a wretched with an 8 socket fitted to it and then you can loosen up the hose connected to the turbo. It helps if you have one of those swivel sockets as well.

Mine didn't exactly break as clean as I would've liked so any excess that was on the intake hose I just cut off with some wire cutters. It cut well threw the plastic and made it even.

Next grab your drill bit and shove it in. (Keep your head out of the gutter).
I used my hand with a glove and gently turned it to make the hole bigger.
Make sure you are careful in this step as you do not want to make the hole bigger than the fitting.

Now go ahead and gently start screwing on the fitting into the hole SLOWLY.
You need to start this step by hand.

Once you've got the threading started off the fitting then you can pull out a size 14 socket and using the ratchet to do the rest of the work for you.
Again be gentle and do this slowly as you're threading metal into plastic.

Once you've got the fitting flat and tight into the intake hose then go ahead and install it back onto the turbo.

Then hook your breather hose back on and you're done!

So now that you've got your intake fixed it really should never break on you again unless you purposely break it.
The way it should have come from GM.

So I realize this thread didn't make you strong, rich or more attractive to women. I'll leave that up to you…but now your car should run better !

Now get out there and beat all those little honda's and 'stangs.
Happy driving!

Last edited by ei3dag3; 03-12-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Approved
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Thank ya sir!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
very funny
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bwahahahaza!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 PM

:p
Old 04-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like you fitted it in at a 90* angle, which isn't correct. If you get this wrong by a little bit, you will find extra oil in your intake.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wangspeed
It looks like you fitted it in at a 90* angle, which isn't correct. If you get this wrong by a little bit, you will find extra oil in your intake.
it wasn't at a 90 degree angle as the hole was drilled using the original angle.
this made it a little difficult to screw in as well. just had to be careful.
also i had no oil in my intake when i replaced it for a k&n intake.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM

No the only sticky thing on that mag lol
Old 08-05-2012, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is a total life saver.... i just run my car like this until i decide to sell it. Then I will put the new one on.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM

If the small nipple type piece breaks, don't you have to replace the entire pipe? Is it covered under warranty?