How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: Schroth Rallye 4 Harness install

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, from what I understand anything WITHOUT an intertial reel is not street legal. The seat belt needs to operate like the factory in the sense that it allows movement until locked. The Scroth AutoControl harnesses were the only ones that were legal 2 years ago (things may have changed since then).

Thos harnesses will work great when auto-xing because they will keep you in the seat. You'll notice a drastic improvement on your ability to modulate the brake and throttle much better as well as not holding onto the steering wheel for dear life.

I do need to warn you, and others have already, that angle can prove to be VERY bad for your shoulders and spine. If you were to ever get into a front end collision or a rollover you may get your spine crushed which is no fun.

For those of you who wish to do this, I would HIGHLY suggest getting the CA harness bar. It gives you the right angle for harnesses and you can really run a true 4-point set up.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do the write up bro.

I know how long that must have taken. Again, thanks.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Great write up but I got a different question for ya. How do you like the CG Seatbelt lock since I was thinking about getting these cause I don't really want a 4 point harness.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlackLS
Great write up but I got a different question for ya. How do you like the CG Seatbelt lock since I was thinking about getting these cause I don't really want a 4 point harness.
The CG-Lock works very well, but the only problem I found is that it started to cause the seatbelt to fray very slightly, so I don't use it anymore. Only for autocrosses when a passenger rides, and that is IT.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kahless
are they sfi??? just curious, i dunno if scca or wherever you race specifies that. my uncle said the strip he goes to wont let him run without it. but he runs low 10's
You crack me up! You want to know if there SFI legal and yet you intend to mount your belts to the floor! The least safe place to mount them!
Thats just funny to me. You totally removed the reason for them in the first place. SAFETY!

And yes "^That^" is RICE! Just like the big azz wing, usless mod that is only for looks and dosnt even look good is RICE!
Floor mount looks like crap! Ricer!

And to Red_wing_2121, nice wright up man!
But harnesses are supposed to be mounted 2-3"s above your shoulders and at no more then a 20 degree angle. According to SCCA rules. I want that harness bar and a set of 4points or a 6 point cage with a harness bar built in.

Later

Edited to make it less confusing! LOL

Last edited by Badmunky; 12-20-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Badmunky
But harnesses are supposed to be mounted 2-3"s above your shoulders and at no more then a 20 degree angle. According to SCCA rules. I want that harness bar and a set of 4points or a 6 point cage with a harness bar built in.

Later
That must be road racing or something. His set up is perfectly fine and probably the most common for auto-x, only most people don't run a harness bar. It's not required, but it's recommended. The Schroth Rallye harnesses are 100% legal for Solo racing, just not road racing.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
That must be road racing or something. His set up is perfectly fine and probably the most common for auto-x, only most people don't run a harness bar. It's not required, but it's recommended. The Schroth Rallye harnesses are 100% legal for Solo racing, just not road racing.
Thank you for support. You are very right, that setup I am using is very common in autocross.

And yes "^That^" is RICE! Just like the big azz wing, usless mod that is only for looks and dosnt even look good is RICE!
Floor mount looks like crap!

And by the way nice wright up man!

Later
First of all, I do not consider the harness "rice" because I only use it when autocrossing. And when I am not using it, I have it stuck behind the driver's seat laying on the floor where nobody can see it. So it is obviously not for looks. I think many others would agree that it is not rice if it is actually used for race purposes and not used or seen when not at a race.

Second, the rules you are referring to are for SCCA road/club racing. Autocross rules for harnesses are more leniant since rollcages are not required (nowhere to mount the harness) and the speeds are much lower.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks fine, and I don't see why people rag on you so much. I see one person saying one thing but everyone is just repeating everyone else, so to change things up, nice right up. Also your best bet and a catch all, and also cheapest way to get everything fixed up (if you even wanted to) just get it welded. Start by welding the seats down, that'll be the safest bet, then depending on if you have spare money get a rollcage built, but keep it with stock interrior so it looks nice, then you can have a bar run across connecting your rollcage in the back where you can weld the back 4point harness brackets down. that's the most cost effiecient and best thing to do if you plan to put more money in. Personally i've never liked the thought of all these parts people buy that just cost outrages amounts. all my mods are home mods, except pulley injectors and hptuners, my exhaust intake and other stuff all done at home, and I'm at 13.7 and my car runs perfect. and making a rollcage isn't to hard, just use quality steel tubing. Good luck!!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by red_wing_2121

First of all, I do not consider the harness "rice" because I only use it when autocrossing. And when I am not using it, I have it stuck behind the driver's seat laying on the floor where nobody can see it. So it is obviously not for looks. I think many others would agree that it is not rice if it is actually used for race purposes and not used or seen when not at a race.

Im sorry. You miss understude me. I was refuring to the guy that is going to mount his to the floor for every day driving.

THATS RICE!!!!!!!!!

What you did looks nice and there is nothing rice about it.
Though I dont realy like the rear mounting location my self.
But thats just me. I like bar mount my self.

Later.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Floor mount looks like crap! Ricer!

And to Red_wing_2121, nice wright up man!

Later

Edited to make it less confusing! LOL
first off, if he likes the way it looks according to your quote above its not rice. and who even cares if its usless just cause it isent practical doesnt mean you cant like it. I like it and I think Im going to do them in red since my car is red, and I liek the way it looks,

but like badmunky siad I thought they couldnt be more than 5 degrees gonig down, and like 20 degrees going up?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:32 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Kahless
it wouldn't be so bad if they were floor mount but losing the back seat is a no go for me. the corbeau 4pts I'm getting for my 65 are floor mount, i have a bar in it but I'm getting sick of it so I'm gonna pull it out for now and use it as the base for a full 9sec cage.
Now that ^^^^^^^^^ Is Supper Rice!

You don't remove a harness bar and floor mount 4 point belts.
At that point you have removed the safety that you got the 4 points for in the first place and now have a seat belt that is going to hurt you in a crash rather then help you.

You guess get it now?

Sorry if my other posts where not clear on who I was say was doing something that is RICE!

Later
Old 12-21-2006, 06:35 PM

And who uses a harness bar as a base for a cage you might ask?
RICERS!!

Later
Old 12-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Im trying to defend Red_wing_2121 here.

Mounting them where he did is not that bad. Just not my preferance.

Im attacking Kahless for his attack on Red_wing_2121 and calling Kahless a ricer.

Later
Old 12-21-2006, 06:42 PM

Im trying to defend Red_wing_2121 here.

Mounting them where he did is not that bad. Just not my preferance.

Im attacking Kahless for his attack on Red_wing_2121 and calling Kahless a ricer.

Later
Ok, that is fine

I just assumed you were saying what I did was rice since some others have.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:50 PM

^ Sorry for the confusion man. LOL

Later
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM

bump!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:00 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I just did this install, all I had to remove from the front seats were the 2 T20 bolts and then the T55 buckle bolt to get that side in. The whole seat disassembly was not needed.

TQ specs:
Front seatbelt bolts: 33ft lbs
Rear seatbelt bolts: 33ft lbs
Seat base: 22ft lbs

Last edited by YelloEye; 05-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.