JBP 2.0L LSJ Triflow Camshafts GB - Tech Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope to see some good info and my high hopes are out there for ya EDUB...We're basically goin with the same setup. 230 and 217 on the mustang dyno made me a pretty happy guy, especially with the mods that I'm rollin with. With the cams, valve springs, 60's and a good tune, we should be puttin down some pretty decent numbers.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
MVP

I just spoke with Geoff of colt cams. He's grindidng my cams as we speak. I'm excited!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should have asked him where the hell he's been the last day or so. The delivery company has tried twice to delivery my stock cores. Once yesterday at 11:30am and once this morning at like 6:30am. They better figure out how to get him those cams cause if they come back to me I'll be pissed. I had to pay $33 to have them shipped w/ insurance and tracking.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
MVP

Originally Posted by Edubs
You should have asked him where the hell he's been the last day or so. The delivery company has tried twice to delivery my stock cores. Once yesterday at 11:30am and once this morning at like 6:30am. They better figure out how to get him those cams cause if they come back to me I'll be pissed. I had to pay $33 to have them shipped w/ insurance and tracking.
yeah i had to pay the extra insurance as well i had no idea that it existed but 6:30 am they're probably closed aand @ 11 :30 its lunch time you might want to call him i believe hes still there grinding cams.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:54 PM

What's his number?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 PM
MVP

What's his number?
(604) 856-3571 ask for Geoff
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 AM

Just read 8 pages and still don't even know if these cams works properly and why dynocharts are still not posted on JBP site.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:46 AM
JBP
Banned

They work extremely well. Without tuning, about 15whp gain. Still waiting for a dyno with tuning.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 PM

I thought e dub showed like a 1hp increase?

Where are his charts at anyway?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 PM
JBP
Banned

Originally Posted by djt81185
I thought e dub showed like a 1hp increase?

Where are his charts at anyway?
edub?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBP
edub?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&postcount=440

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&postcount=441
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Actually, I believe he is still using them cams. There has been ALOT of tuning issues with em, and that is what is being worked on. He seems to be quite content with the cams though, now that there is some light at the end of the crazy tuning tunnel
Old 10-17-2007, 06:58 PM
JBP
Banned

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Actually, I believe he is still using them cams. There has been ALOT of tuning issues with em, and that is what is being worked on. He seems to be quite content with the cams though, now that there is some light at the end of the crazy tuning tunnel
ah...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBP
edub?
Remember, the guy that bought your cams and you told that the valve springs could be installed while the head was still in the car using your special "valve spring compressor" tool? Both DTM and myself had them installed as you instructed, him by a professional speed shop and me by a GMPP certified dealer. Both of us had valve springs fail, then you told us we should have had the head pulled off and clearanced by a machine shop after the fact. We both had a machine shop look at our heads; obviously, after the valve springs failed and they said there was no need for clearancing, the machine shop installed the springs w/ the head off the car, and we had no issues at all. Member that? I do. I also remember you not replying to the BBB claim that I filed because you didn't want to pony up any money to reimburse me for your lack of mentioning having the head checked for lack of clearance before installing the springs by a machine shop. Ya know? Thanks for that, I really wanted to pay $1800 to have my car fixed after you "forgot" to mention that.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Busteeeeed
Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
damn.... sucks man
Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fucked. DTM1288's car was fucked. All because of the **** you call cams. Before them, he would spank me. After them, I put the whooping on him.

15whp gain my ass without tuning. Maybe with messing with the dyno calculations.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 PM
JBP
Banned

Remember, the guy that bought your cams and you told that the valve springs could be installed while the head was still in the car using your special "valve spring compressor" tool? Both DTM and myself had them installed as you instructed, him by a professional speed shop and me by a GMPP certified dealer. Both of us had valve springs fail, then you told us we should have had the head pulled off and clearanced by a machine shop after the fact. We both had a machine shop look at our heads; obviously, after the valve springs failed and they said there was no need for clearancing, the machine shop installed the springs w/ the head off the car, and we had no issues at all. Member that? I do. I also remember you not replying to the BBB claim that I filed because you didn't want to pony up any money to reimburse me for your lack of mentioning having the head checked for lack of clearance before installing the springs by a machine shop. Ya know? Thanks for that, I really wanted to pay $1800 to have my car fixed after you "forgot" to mention that.
We have a chassis valve spring tool. That allows you to install valve springs in the ECOTEC without removing the head. This, is true.

I remember you now. Didn't I spend an entire week discussing everything on the phone with regards to diagnosing the problem with your valvetrain? Don't these professional shops realize that when you install valve springs and they touch the sides of the cylinder head... thats a bad thing? You can't hand-hold everyone and if you take it to a shop they should know something as clearancing if the springs touch. I'd like to know if you are running our springs in your clearanced head without issue?

15whp gain my ass without tuning. Maybe with messing with the dyno calculations.
Messing with dyno calculations... lol, what does that mean exactly? I'll post the sheets tomorrow when I get to the shop, ON the website, under the TriFlow Stage 2 part number. from an independent tester...

*This one is gonna get good...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Will you guys offer any triflows for the 2.2? All I have seen is the 2.0 and 2.4 on your site. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JBP
We have a chassis valve spring tool. That allows you to install valve springs in the ECOTEC without removing the head. This, is true.

I remember you now. Didn't I spend an entire week discussing everything on the phone with regards to diagnosing the problem with your valvetrain? Don't these professional shops realize that when you install valve springs and they touch the sides of the cylinder head... thats a bad thing? You can't hand-hold everyone and if you take it to a shop they should know something as clearancing if the springs touch. I'd like to know if you are running our springs in your clearanced head without issue?

Messing with dyno calculations... lol, what does that mean exactly? I'll post the sheets tomorrow when I get to the shop, ON the website, under the TriFlow Stage 2 part number. from an independent tester...

*This one is gonna get good...
Doesn't mean ****. No way for me to beat a 2.6 pullied car with a bunch of **** done to it, AND your cams. Guess what? I did...
Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBP

I'm sorry, let me break out the crayons for you Mev.

The machine shop diagnosed both of our heads after we had valve spring failure. The failure was due to your advice of installing them while the head was still on the engine and the shitty "chassis valve spring tool." Neither DTM nor my head needed any clearancing of casting flashes to work correctly with the valve springs. Did I say the valve springs were junk? NO! I said your advice was shady because you wanted to sell more cams so you told us we could save over a $1000 by not having to remove the head. I would have never bought the cams if you told me there was a good possibility the head would have to be removed.

And hand holding? I expected you to be a freaking man and stand behind your product. Good vendors don't call that "hand-holding," they call it customer service. I also love how you keep avoiding the fact that you waited until after our valve springs failed to tell us about this possibility. Even though it wasn't the true issue on our cars, it's nice to know that you wouldn't give us warning of something like that being the manufacturer and all. Then all sneaky and **** you go and add it to your website after our problems.

If you were so honest and straight forward, why didn't you respond to the BBB? That shouldn't have been an issue then, but after three contacts, you still refused to respond to the BBB Agent...
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 AM

Can anyone post me links to the heatshield, 4 pass intercooler plate, and tri-flow cams? Can I get all three for under $2000?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 AM

Aren't you the guy that argued with him for the first few pages of this thread saying the cams would be no good?

Because I'm a nice guy:

TriFlow Cams

Heat Shield

I don't think they have the 4-pass on their site...

Last edited by Edubs; 10-19-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM

I have their heat shield, NO idea if it actually does anything though.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I have their heat shield, NO idea if it actually does anything though.
It doesn't. Just like at the thing. Piece of metal that is all it is. My dick could be a better heat sheild then that.

Here is where the fun begins.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...light=JBP+cams

Here is more bad products from JBP.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...l+arm+bushings

Please don't make me go on....

Quick Reply: JBP 2.0L LSJ Triflow Camshafts GB - Tech Thread