Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

***MICHIGAN*** XS BBQs May 16th + 23rd****

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***MICHIGAN*** XS BBQs May 16th + 23rd****

Yo, there are 2 BBQs coming up this month for XceedSpeed.

If, you are unfamiliar www . xceedspeed . com is a community of Michigan sport compact/Auto enthusiasts. The Annual BBQs are alot of fun and get solid turnouts.

On May 16th Link to BBQ there is the Annual Spring BBQ at Stoney Creek. I have some pics in my gallery from this event last year.

Can you find Waldo?

On May 23rd BBQ LINK is the GR BBQ for the westside of the state. I haven't been to this one before, but should be an awesome event too.

If anyone wants to get in on either event hit up the threads if your an XS member. Or hit me up for details.

I live in Lansing, and we are organizing caravans to both events from this area. If anyone wants to meet up with us I will post the details for where we are meeting. Let's get some Cobalts to these event's

I know a lot of the Detroit guys are on XS and may be coming already, but post up here anyways

Thanks, sorry for the short notice, dates got switched up recently
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Banned

I AM DOWN FOR SURE.

Wow, that looks like a ******* awesome turnout man.

Come on peeps, lets do it big. I want atleast 6 of us in Balt SS's convoying to this BBQ~

Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 PM

might be in for the one on the 16th
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 PM

where is this first one?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 PM

might go. it's 10 min from my house but i'm still stock :/
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM

i should be back from Florida before the GR one... anyone else wanna go cause i dont wanna be the only balt there
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by koch1ar
might go. it's 10 min from my house but i'm still stock :/
stock a T/C is faster and better looking then 90% of the cars going there. I'm not a big fan of Exceed, a lot of the people seem like idiots IMO and a LOT of them talk **** about the Cobalts behind our back. I brought my friend to a meet and all they did when me and other Cobalt owners weren't around were talking about how shitty our Cobalts were. Most of the guys had POS's that were falling apart so I don't know where they get off saying our cars are **** but w/e. I'll go if a bunch of Balts do but not otherwise.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
stock a T/C is faster and better looking then 90% of the cars going there. I'm not a big fan of Exceed, a lot of the people seem like idiots IMO and a LOT of them talk **** about the Cobalts behind our back. I brought my friend to a meet and all they did when me and other Cobalt owners weren't around were talking about how shitty our Cobalts were. Most of the guys had POS's that were falling apart so I don't know where they get off saying our cars are **** but w/e. I'll go if a bunch of Balts do but not otherwise.
he's not TC, hes XFE but im Turbo
i know what ya mean about the exceed guys... they all think they're better than us and talk a TON of ****... i just always ask them if thats what a car meet is supposed to be about, cause i always thought it was to meet new people, look at some nice cars, and just have a good time. not to dis on people
Old 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM

I've never had any problems at the XS meets, and I can guarantee that there will be a decent Cobalt turnout at each event anyways, you won't be the only one. But everyone there for the most part is cool. Your mileage may vary. If you walk around thinking your SS is better than anything in the lot, than your experience may be different.

I actually get better responses to threads about my Cobalt (mods/pics etc) on XS than I get here on a Cobalt site. So I wouldn't lable XS as Balt haters, lol. What are your screen names if you are XS members too.

I know Buddha.Z, and 06Black are fairly active on there

Lots of cool cars and ppl guaranteed. Last year at the Stoney Creek BBQ (May 16th this year) I saw everything from a CLEAN as MK1 Golf, TT Z33, R32 Skyline, a few sick 240/silvia/swaps/driftsluts, and loads of clean Subies,hondas,DSMs, etc

Anyways, both events are a blast, just read the threads. and decide for yourself.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by SS33
I've never had any problems at the XS meets, and I can guarantee that there will be a decent Cobalt turnout at each event anyways, you won't be the only one. But everyone there for the most part is cool. Your mileage may vary. If you walk around thinking your SS is better than anything in the lot, than your experience may be different.
yeah sorry i shouldn't group all of the XS guys in that category cause i've actually made some good friends with some guys from there, but there are the few people that ruin it for me by starting **** and dissing my car as soon as i step out, and i never say anything about my car unless someone compliments, or asks whats in it cause i know it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread but i like it... but yeah i'll be in Florida for the east side meet, but anyone interested in the west side/GR meet lemme know cause im down!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM

I actually get better responses to threads about my Cobalt (mods/pics etc) on XS than I get here on a Cobalt site. So I wouldn't lable XS as Balt haters, lol. What are your screen names if you are XS members too.

I know Buddha.Z, and 06Black are fairly active on there

Lots of cool cars and ppl guaranteed. Last year at the Stoney Creek BBQ (May 16th this year) I saw everything from a CLEAN as MK1 Golf, TT Z33, R32 Skyline, a few sick 240/silvia/swaps/driftsluts, and loads of clean Subies,hondas,DSMs, etc

Anyways, both events are a blast, just read the threads. and decide for yourself.
Not all of them are Cobalt haters but a lot seem to be, at least around metro-Detroit. I definitely do not go around bragging about my Cobalt either so I have no clue why they think our cars are ****. All I've said I'm faster then is a 2.4L 07 Cobalt. A lot of people lately have said my Cobalt's a fake SS and I've never EVER claimed my car as an SS, when I'm asked if it's a SS I tell them it's not, it's an 08 2.4L I'd like to make it out to that meet in Lansing though, do you go to that one?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM

when is this lansing meet? that should work for all since its pretty centrally located... anyone got any info on this?
Old 05-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by kissmySS08
when is this lansing meet? that should work for all since its pretty centrally located... anyone got any info on this?
It's a weekly meet on Thursdays.

1001 E Mount Hope Avenue, Lansing, MI
Old 05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
stoney creek park? 10 mins away. i will be there
Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 PM

i might come to it..im a active member on xceed too OneSlow_SS, im friends with Buddah and MojoSTi
Old 05-13-2009, 10:25 PM

The next two saturdays there will be a BBQ, on the 16th at Stoney Creek, and the 23rd in GR.

For each event there will be a group meeting in the morning at the WalMart near I-96 on the West Side of Lansing to caravan to the BBQ that day

Also, every Thursday night there is a meet locally here in Lansing at Grumpy's diner

Let me know if you have any questions and need a link or directions or anything,
Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Also, every Thursday night there is a meet locally here in Lansing at Grumpy's diner. Let me know if you have any questions and need a link or directions or anything,
is this an XS meet or just SS guys?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shibito
SS33 and I went out to a meet in lansing the other night.... I didn't feel that at all. The guys seemed pretty psyched to see a TC balt. *shrug*

People always talk **** man, if you are paranoid and trying to pick up on it all... you eventually will. Let it roll man.. let it roll.

is this an XS meet or just SS guys?
XS meet. I know that SS33 and myself a( him mostly, I just started) are cool with XS.

Last edited by ElDude; 05-13-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 PM

alright well thanks for all the insight, i'll try to make it tomorrow night but i'm leaving friday to meet my gf in Panama City and i gots lotta **** to do tomorrow but it'd be cool to meet a few more of you guys... what time abouts does everyone start getting together? Thanks guys
Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 PM

alright well thanks for all the insight, i'll try to make it tomorrow night but i'm leaving friday to meet my gf in Panama City and i gots lotta **** to do tomorrow but it'd be cool to meet a few more of you guys... what time abouts does everyone start getting together? Thanks guys
dont get swine flu
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM

usually around 7ish til 9 or whenever

Dunno if I'll make it tonight, Red Wings game 7 ,,,
Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 AM

usually around 7ish til 9 or whenever

Dunno if I'll make it tonight, Red Wings game 7 ,,,
i went to the game! AWESOME time!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Good to see the Wings didn't blow it. I'm thinking of coming over to the Lansing meet next Thursday, want to cruise over with me Kevin? Also, you guys cruise around after 9 right?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Grumpy's tonight @ 7pm. And the GR meet is this Saturday

if anyone wants more details or wants to ride out to the BBQ on Saturday with the caravan hit me up