Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Grand Rapids, Michigan Post Up! Need a favor

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Rapids, Michigan Post Up! Need a favor

I'm in the process of looking for an SS, if you know where this dealership is
could you please stop by and check out the cobalt for me? Just make sure there is nothing majorly wrong with it. As you can see I'm from Chicago and I don't wanna make the trip out there, and then find out its a lemon
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Nice price and the miles aren't bad. Looks clean too.
The drive from Chicago to GR isn't though, lol.

Hopefully someone will pull through for you.
I would, but I'm in Metro Detroit.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69
Nice price and the miles aren't bad. Looks clean too.
The drive from Chicago to GR isn't though, lol.

Hopefully someone will pull through for you.
I would, but I'm in Metro Detroit.
Its the thought that counts

Im hoping to talk them down to 7500 if that is indeed the one I'll be shooting for.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Give ZZP a call and see if one of them would be nice enough to look at it for you on their free time. You could persuade them by coming up to get the car and buying a stage kit from ZZP at the same time.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Give ZZP a call and see if one of them would be nice enough to look at it for you on their free time. You could persuade them by coming up to get the car and buying a stage kit from ZZP at the same time.
Great idea, as I was looking to get a stage 2 or equivalent of the GMS2.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:35 PM

I'm sure there's probably closer dealerships that have ss/sc's in that price range so you wouldn't have to travel as far
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
I'm sure there's probably closer dealerships that have ss/sc's in that price range so you wouldn't have to travel as far
I lurk everywhere I possibly can, usually every other day. Yes there are some closer but usually not the right color. I'm shooting for silver/black/blue
No yellow, red, orange.

edit: RIGHT AS I POSTED THAT...... 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT SS SUPERCHARGED

Old 10-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by KrisBKreeme
I lurk everywhere I possibly can, usually every other day. Yes there are some closer but usually not the right color. I'm shooting for silver/black/blue
No yellow, red, orange.

edit: RIGHT AS I POSTED THAT...... 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT SS SUPERCHARGED

I like the one by Grand Rapids more.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
I like the one by Grand Rapids more.
Care to explain?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:08 PM

Car was originally sold in Palatine, IL, hell on 3/29/2011 it had the PS recall done in Fox Lake, IL so I assume the car went to auction.

I would check it out, just don't have the time right now, sorry man, it's a half hour from work and normally I'm shot by the time I leave, and I live a half hour opposite as-is.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schulte
Car was originally sold in Palatine, IL. I would check it out, just don't have the time right now, sorry man, it's a half hour from work and normally I'm shot by the time I leave, and I live a half hour opposite as-is.
No problem thanks for the concern though!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 PM

If you're super serious about it, and care to compensate in some form (nothing crazy just gas and time) I can make time next week. Also note I updated my post.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 PM

If you're super serious about it, and care to compensate in some form (nothing crazy just gas and time) I can make time next week. Also note I updated my post.
Thats what I was thinking as well. I could paypal some money over, however at the very moment I am not super serious yet.

Once again, thank you though. And thats crazy (referring to the Palatine/Fox Lake reports). Its like they're trying to take all the silver and black balts away from me so by the time I go buy one there won't be any around
Old 10-07-2011, 03:17 PM

I called about their hours, open til 6, hell it's nice out but I'm here until 5:30pm.

He did tell me it just came out the bodyshop, had a couple scratches down the passenger side, I manage a bodyshop @ a Chevrolet dealer and for them to worry about them on silver they must of been decent in terms of appearance. When I mentioned I manage a bodyshop, he asked if I ran the CarFax on it. So, please do that. Granted! Not everything shows up, as CarFax goes off public record alone, but the fact he asked me that, made me feel sketch.

He also mentioned they flip cars on that lot rather quickly, which is how a lot of the smaller guys profit, they scoop it up cheap, throw as little money as they can into it, know nothing about it, and sell it for reasonable profit but that will also go quickly allowing them to bring another car onto the lot.

Not trying to deter you, just helping out!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by KrisBKreeme
Care to explain?
I take that back. Looked at the ads again. For some reason I had thought the one in Grand Rapids had lower mileage. See which one you can work down lower, give both a call.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM

I called about their hours, open til 6, hell it's nice out but I'm here until 5:30pm.

He did tell me it just came out the bodyshop, had a couple scratches down the passenger side, I manage a bodyshop @ a Chevrolet dealer and for them to worry about them on silver they must of been decent in terms of appearance. When I mentioned I manage a bodyshop, he asked if I ran the CarFax on it. So, please do that. Granted! Not everything shows up, as CarFax goes off public record alone, but the fact he asked me that, made me feel sketch.

He also mentioned they flip cars on that lot rather quickly, which is how a lot of the smaller guys profit, they scoop it up cheap, throw as little money as they can into it, know nothing about it, and sell it for reasonable profit but that will also go quickly allowing them to bring another car onto the lot.

Not trying to deter you, just helping out!
Wow thank you that helps a lot. That would probably be my last resort (to drive out there) and that definitely puts things into perspective knowing it came out of a body shop recently and the fact that he asked if you ran the Carfax which would mean hes trying to hide something.

There is an 07 SS down the street from me, tagged at 15,500... i facepalmed so hard. Trying to talk that down to a decent price will be a hassle. Thanks for all the help
Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Some guys price SS/SC's reasonably, other places don't, I knew there was a place IL that had 3-4 different SS/TC's when I was looking a few months ago, their big with this car segment (seen a heavily modded STi on their site etc.) and on AutoTrader.

Found them!
CHEVROLET COBALT | Used COBALT | Oak Lawn, IL

Anyhow, not saying he has something to hide, but at the smaller lots I find stuff that is mediocre.

Shame you didn't want a red one about two month's ago, I would've sold you a clean '05 SS/SC for 8k with a solid history including maintenance and mods! From down south as well, I bought it when in VA Beach. Instead I traded it in finally and took 7k, just couldn't find anyone with the money to come through.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:31 PM

I know of a silver SC that's going to be sold private party in Chicago here in a few weeks.

PM me if you want more info on it.