Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Positive Dealer Experience. If your interested in GMS1 Read this

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positive Dealer Experience. If your interested in GMS1 Read this

Hey guys.
Haven't posted much on here but I thought I would pass along some great news. I was at Serra Chevrolet in Southfield MI to get the power steering recall and an Oil change. As I am waiting to pull in (First come first serve on Saturdays) I see a lowered SS TC on enkeis with carbon hood pull in. It just so happens that it he is a technician there. I obviously request that he do the work on my car. So I talk to the guy for a bit after about getting GMS1, I've been nervous to get some technician who has no idea. He tells me that he solders all the connections and has done quite a few of them. Needless to say I am having him do my stage 1!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jbolenbaugh
Hey guys.
Haven't posted much on here but I thought I would pass along some great news. I was at Serra Chevrolet in Southfield MI to get the power steering recall and an Oil change. As I am waiting to pull in (First come first serve on Saturdays) I see a lowered SS TC on enkeis with carbon hood pull in. It just so happens that it he is a technician there. I obviously request that he do the work on my car. So I talk to the guy for a bit after about getting GMS1, I've been nervous to get some technician who has no idea. He tells me that he solders all the connections and has done quite a few of them. Needless to say I am having him do my stage 1!
Ummmm, if I recall correctly all you have to do is unplug and plug in the new ones? Then have the dealer flash the tune. I could be wrong though.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No there is more to it then plugging in sensors and flashing tune. Just look at the number of problems people have had with installs.