New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

I am a new member with big plans for my 2006 Cobalt SS/NA. I picked her up the other day and am so excited to finally have one, I have wanted one for SO long. She needs some body work done and a couple of things need to be fixed up which I hope to have done by the end of this week, parts already in transit. I will have pictures up very soon.
Besides performance modifications, which will come later, the body needs some work done. The owner I bought her from included two aftermarket fenders, but the front bumper and the driver side fender and door need to be replaced. My goal is to put an SS bumper on with the aftermarket fenders (will post pictures of those as well). Being a SS/NA, will it be feasible to put the SS bumper on, or will there be issues with the fitting?

Thank you for all the input in advanced! I can not wait to bring out the true beauty of her soon!

-Joe
Old 12-26-2015, 11:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JCurrier
Hey everyone,

I am a new member with big plans for my 2006 Cobalt SS/NA. I picked her up the other day and am so excited to finally have one, I have wanted one for SO long. She needs some body work done and a couple of things need to be fixed up which I hope to have done by the end of this week, parts already in transit. I will have pictures up very soon.
Besides performance modifications, which will come later, the body needs some work done. The owner I bought her from included two aftermarket fenders, but the front bumper and the driver side fender and door need to be replaced. My goal is to put an SS bumper on with the aftermarket fenders (will post pictures of those as well). Being a SS/NA, will it be feasible to put the SS bumper on, or will there be issues with the fitting?

Thank you for all the input in advanced! I can not wait to bring out the true beauty of her soon!

-Joe
Welcome! The bumpers fit all models I'm almost positive.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Welcome!
Old 12-26-2015, 03:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, A lot of good info and a lot of good people on here.

If you are swapping from a coupe to a coupe or coupe to sedan everything can be swapped pretty much,

The only thing that can't is if you swap the rear bumper from a coupe to a sedan then it will not work and same for the trunk and doors obviously. Besides that you should be good to go.

Also are the aftermarket fenders fiberglass?? If so I personally I think this is the better route to avoid any future rust.

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 12-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to Cobalt land, Once you enter there's no escape.