New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Zzp PCM question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzp PCM question

Has anyone got this pcm from zzp? How is it? And does it disable the learndown feature that the lnf has?
I'm getting the zzp catless dp and most likely their upper and lower charge piping. Not sure what to get with the intake yet.. Prob the zzp also. I'm not looking for a lot of power... (Wow never thought id ever say that), I don't wanna do an on the edge big power tune is what I'm saying I guess since it's my daily driver.
I would just do the dp for a little more power and better sound But that learndown **** would not let me take advantage of the possible gains. Thus, my interest in the zzp pcm tune.

I hope this kinda makes sense and yall know what i mean
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!
I just installed the ZZP PCM recently and highly recommend it as a first mod.
Along with the mods you already mentioned I highly recommend an aftermarket intake, ZZP has many good choices.
They tune their PCM's using HPtuners and disable the learn down feature.
Should be around 300whp with those bolt ons and their tune!
PS I have all the mods you have listed and love what it did for my car!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh woow that's aswesome I would love 300 at the wheels!
K so before I order the pcm, they have to program it to my vehicles mods I guess? Like the map sensors or gms1 sensors and the MAF location.

So if I choose to get it with the gms1 sensors, would they provide the new sensors or should I just stick with the stock sensors?
And regarding the air intake for the MAF, on a zzp intake does it plug into a stock location or close to? I don't think I want to put it in the lower charge tube
Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's correct. They have drop down menus for what type of intake your running,turbo,injectors...ect. I don't believe you need the gsm1 sensors for their PCM tune but I know they offer them as well. And if you ever plan on more upgrades later its not a bad idea to do it now. As for where the mad is on the zzp intake I do not know. I'm running an AEM intake and the maf is right after the air filter.