Nitrous Oxide N20

A few more questions if I may ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few more questions if I may ask

Making some sort of wet kit running methanol instead of extra fuel? Obviously you'd need to calculate out what kind of nozzle for the meth would work properly with the size of shot your gonna spray, but if you werent tuned for meth and only ran it with nitrous could that work? Dont you need to pull timing with nitrous(I'm a newb when it comes to nitrous so if thats not the case please dont flame me,lol) but methanol usually allows you to advance your timing by adding better fuel and reducing iat temps... so if you were running a half-decent tune for pump gas, or even maybe stage 3(maybe 100 octane mode since this is using meth?) you wouldnt need to toutch the timing? I'm just curious if this would make more power than a normal wet kit with the same size nitrous jet.

Also if anyone anyone is reading this and knows the answer then this next question is probably simple... if I wanted to spray on a stage 2 tune instead... and spray after the maf so it doesnt add more fuel; what size jet would lean me out safely to between 11.5 and 12.0 from the 10.8 it runs normally? IF I were to run that I would definatly be buying a wideband first,lol, I dont wanna blow my motor.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do no. i repeat do not run a dry shot if you stay gm stage 2. absolutely NO!

you said in pm's you do not want to switch the tune if you stay gm stage 2 and you want to stay on gm's tune because of warranty issues. if you stay on gm stage 2 tune and want to spray a wet nitrous kit is your only choice. you need the extra fuel otherwise you will run into major problems spraying only nitrous in your intake.