Nitrous Oxide N20

Finished NOS install tonight

Old 03-20-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any pics yet????? message me when u get pics wanna see how ur runnin ur kit.. im bout to install mine
Old 08-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Removed nirtous this week. too much to consider while spraying. the few times i did it was a great HP gain but not worth the wisk sense i know more about sitting it up correctly. didnt like the idea of spraying fuel through the charger. needed to retard the timing to help prevent detonation. But the purge was a blast. scared alot of girls downtown with it. lol
Old 09-02-2010, 05:51 PM

sorry i never posted pics. my computer crashed after all that. If i can find them i'll post them but im betting you dont need them anymore
Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G85 SS
My guess is no...probably Nitrous Express....Or whatever company that is...

Fast and the Furious made everybody start saying "I have NOS" when NOS is a brand, not a shortened down version of Nitrous.

Anywho, dry or wet shot?? What size shot??
Actually a lot of people refer to it as NOS simply meaning a Nitrous Oxide System. Lots of old school drag racers refer to it this way.

Originally Posted by EatonTVS07
yea everyone says NOS now a days lol oh well
Read above. But this being said a lot of people call it nos because the do not whats going on.

Originally Posted by redline87
Fuel leak i dont really understand what else could have leaked, ive installed a snyper wet kit before and we had to tap the fuel rail but it wasnt that hard to do...let us know what happened and spray is only illegal to have armed while driving so u still wouldve been fine
The law is different in just about every state. I am unaware of any state that states the nitrous must be armed for it to be illegal.

Originally Posted by knwldge54
No.

If your leak is at a connection make sure you're using teflon paste,
TEFLON PASTE, not teflon tape. Also, -AN fittings don't use anything.
Actually red loctite is the best thing to use. AN fittings can need it from time to time. I have had some that needed a dab of loctite.

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
My car is gone actually, long story. I'm in between fun cars right now, just driving my beater and my old truck, figuring out what i'm gonna get next.

Can be done with tape if you know what you are doing and are careful, but yeah, use the paste sealant.
Can be. But its just not a good idea.

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
No, if you know what you are doing and only have tape, it works just fine. MOST people don't know how to use teflon tape correctly. I haven't had a problem yet on probably 6 installs.
And if you go have a problem on #7 it might cost a motor.

Originally Posted by Lants
upper or lower? and why? The manifold is made to withstand 12.5 pounds of boost. and nitrous shouldnt cause more pressure to the manifold unless i was spraying directly in it, but ill hook up a computer and check the MAP sensor reading while spraying just to see.

Oh yea. i talked to Charleston county Commander i head said "as long as you can drive legal it shouldnt be a problem." I hooked my fuel line to the Fuel pressure test port. and yes i took the valve out, but it is tricky to seal because 20 style threads arent made to seal, but it wasnt a fuel leak. fuel doesnt look like snow and my car wouldnt run it had that big of a fuel leak and the fuel pump doesnt make that much pressure
The pressure in the manifold will be less. Decreased temps as well as a lower pressure caused by 1000 psi nitrous shooting past.

Originally Posted by Lants
Removed nirtous this week. too much to consider while spraying. the few times i did it was a great HP gain but not worth the wisk sense i know more about sitting it up correctly. didnt like the idea of spraying fuel through the charger. needed to retard the timing to help prevent detonation. But the purge was a blast. scared alot of girls downtown with it. lol
Sounds like a phone call and possible a few parts could have made a world of difference. let me know if I can ever help.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
Jesus christ man, you got lucky. You could have blown the welds on your intake!
^^^^this^^^^^^